S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting

Shayuri

First Post
He's coming along. I've been down with the flu yesterday and today, but I'm feeling better now.

Went with a fighter/warblade multiclass to keep some of the feats I needed.

I'll post a sheet later today when I've gone over the maneuvers one more time.

Shayuri

First Post
And in the category of "Better Late Than Never," the nominee is!

[sblock=Dreadnought]Name: Dreadnought
Race: Warforged
Class/Level: Fighter 2 / Warblade 6
Exp

Desc: A massive frame of dark adamantine, pitted and scarred from many, many weapon blows, Dreadnought's name is well chosen to his image. From his oversized fists to his thick, overbuilt legs, he conveys the image of one who's solution to most obstacles would be to simply walk right through them, leaving rubble in his wake.

Strength (STR) 18 +4 6
Dexterity (DEX) 12 +1 4
Constitution (CON) 20 +5 10
Intelligence (INT) 14 6
Wisdom (WIS) 10 4
Charisma (CHA) 8 -1 2

Alignment: Lawful Good
AC: 24 (10 + 10 armor + 1 dex + 3 shield)
Hit Points: 111/111
Movement: 20' (30' in Absolute Steel stance)

Init: +4
Base Attack Bonus: +8/+3
Melee Attack: +12
Ranged Attack: +9
Fort: +15
Reflex: +5 (+2 insight when not flatfooted)
Will: +6

Race Abilities
Construct type, living subtype
immune to poison, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition, and energy drain.
Cannot heal damage naturally.
Healing spells/abilities only heal half damage.
Stasis at 0 through -10 HP.
Does not eat, sleep, or breathe.
Composite plating: +2 armor bonus, as light armor.
Light Fortification, 25% chance to avoid critical hits/sneak attacks.
Natural weapon, one slam attack for 1d4+Str

Class Abilities:
Fighter
Battle Hardened (warforged substitution, +3 init and saves vs fear, gotten in lieu of 1st fighter bonus feat)
Bonus feats:
- Improved Damage Reduction (gained via warforged substitution level, in lieu of 2nd fighter bonus feat)

Warblade
Battle Clarity (Int to Reflex)
Weapon Aptitude
Improved Uncanny Dodge
Battle Ardor (Int to crit confirm)
Bonus Feat: Iron Will

Special Combat Qualities
DR 4/adamantine
Immune to Critical Hits/Sneak Attacks

Skills: 20f + 36wb
Balance +7 (11 ranks + 1 Dex -5 acp)
Climb +5 (6 ranks + 4 Str -5 acp)
Concentration +16 (11 ranks + 5 Con)
Intimidate +5 (6 ranks -1 Cha)
Craft: Metalworking +5 (5 ranks + 0 Int)
Jump +5 (6 ranks + 4 Str - 5 acp)
Tumble +7 (11 ranks + 1 Dex -5 acp)

Languages - Common, Dwarf, Giant

Feats
1 Adamantine Body
3 Improved Damage Reduction
6 Improved Fortification

Manuevers (Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, White Raven)
Readied (to ready, exercise for 5 minutes; to recover use swift action and attack or no action)
- Charging Minotaur
- Emerald Razor
- Wall of Blades
- Bonecrusher
Known
- Charging Minotaur (Double move incurs no AoOs then bull rush, also no AoO, for 2d6+4 on success)
- Moment of Perfect Mind (Use Concentration check instead of Will save)
- Emerald Razor (Resolve standard melee attack as a touch attack)
- Wall of Blades (Counter - Use attack roll to block incoming melee or ranged attack)
- Iron Heart Surge (End 1 effect, gain morale bonus to hit)
- Bonecrusher (+4d6 damage, fort save DC 17 or crit confirms against foe are +10)
Stances
- Stonefoot Stance (+2 bonus to str checks, +2 AC vs larger creatures, while moving no more than 5')
- Absolute Steel Stance (+10' move speed, +2 dodge bonus to AC on moving 10' or more in round)

Money - 27

Weapons -
+1 Longsword of Giant Bane, +13 to hit, 1d8+5 dmg, 8315
- +2 to hit, +2d6+2 dmg against Giants
MW Composite Longbow (+2 Str mod), +10 to hit, 1d8+2 dmg, 110', 600gp
20 arrows, 1gp

Armour -
Adamantine Chassis +2, +10 AC, +1 max dex, ACP -5, 4000
Heavy Darkwood Shield +1, +3 AC, ACP 0, 5lbs, 1257

Gear -
Cloak of Resistance +2, 4000
Gauntlets of Ogre Power +2, 4000
Amulet of Health +2, 4000
Armband of Elusive Action, 800[/sblock]

Notes:
The new Dreadnought is pretty similar to the old in many ways. He's still highly resistant to damage. He still has a good AC. His damage output has dropped a bit on basic attacks, due to the replacement of his greatsword/buckler combo with a more standard 'sword'n'board' combo. He lost a bunch of fighter bonus feats, basically, and I couldn't get the cool special buckler feats that let him get its AC bonus while using a 2 handed weapon. I also had to reduce his Strength so I could improve his Intelligence. However, this drop in basic attack damage is mitigated by a few things. For one, he has some good attack maneuvers...Emerald Razor combined with Power Attack is quite nice. And of course, Bonecrusher gives a swank +4d6 damage, even ignoring the secondary effect. Future levels will bring much more hurting on, since I focused my initial picks on more defensive abilities.

Defensively, Dreadnought is more dreadnoughtty than ever. His stances grant various AC bonus situationally. Since he can switch between them as a swift action, he could in theory start in Absolute Steel, use the Charging Minotaur attack to charge 60' (with no AoO's incurred) into melee with a giant, then switch to Stonefoot Stance to have a grand total of +4 to AC until the end of his next turn. Moreover, the new Dreadnought is smarter than before...significantly so...and his mind is tougher. His Will save is better, but more significantly he has two maneuvers that help bolster him; Moment of Perfect Mind, and Iron Heart Surge. The first lets him use a Concentration check in lieu of a Will save, fighting off insidious magic via sheer discipline. The second lets him end 1 effect on him with a surge of inner strength that then gives him +2 morale to hit for 1 turn as well. These will increase his versatility against foes that do more than just bash bash bash...in turn allowing him to do more than bash bash bash. And of course, against foes that bash, he has the Wall of Blades, which can block attacks.

Miscellaneous changes include dropping his Pearl of Speech, since his Intelligence now entitles him to knowing some languages. Given his background, I selected Dwarf and Giant as those languages. I used that 600 gold to buy a masterwork composite longbow, so he's not totally helpless against flying critters. :)

Let me know if this rebuild will work, and if there's any problems.

And thanks for letting this happen.

rpgramen

First Post
Spiffy keen! Glad to see some more Tome of Battle love, especially with the (ill-garnered) repuation it's received as being "broken."

s@squ@tch

First Post
I'd also like to welcome Tailspinner -- he is going to take of Darv after the combat is resolved.

So, we will be at full strength and then some -- a full party of 8, almost at the levels asked for in the original AD&D module.

Welcome to all the newcomers and my thanks for coming aboard!

Remove ads