S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting

Vertexx69

First Post
Ok I've narrowed my choices down to strait crusader 8, or crusader 5/cleric 1/ ruby knight vindicator 2. Is Mechanus Plate (Planar Handbook) ok?

Vertexx69

First Post
Mechanus Gear is heavy armor, costs 1750g (non magical) for steel, gives 10 AC with a max dex bonus of 0, -10 Armor check, 50% spell failure, and reduces speed more than regular full plate (to 15ft from 30, and to 10ft from 20).

I have chosen to go the ruby knight vindicator route. Do you think we can ignore the "Wee Jas" aspect, since it has no bearing on the PrC at all, and he doesn't exist in Eberron anyway? Its the only PrC for the Crusader and tying it to just 1 deity seems a bit narrow minded for a class designed to be the champion of any idea, don't you think?

I'm staying dwarf but the question is can he be an Earth Dwarf from the Unearthed Arcana?

s@squ@tch

First Post
No to the earth dwarf. As far as the mechanus plate -- that sounds ok. You're going to be very sloooooooooow in it -- 10' movement speed!

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Good catch on the Swift Expeditious Retreat.

I'm glad I took Short Haft with my polearm. Looks like I'll be more in the thick of things than off-side... Cleric, Monk/Rogue and myself is a good starting line if the Cleric is armor-heavy. :)

s@squ@tch

First Post
The more I think about the mechanus plate makes me wonder how it would actually be on Eberron.

And the cost and armor bonus doesn't seem right to me.
Full Plate is 1500 and gives +8 AC with a max dex bonus of +1.
Mechanus Plate is 1750 and gives +10 AC with a max dex bonus of 0

So, I'm going to have to rule that if you want the Mechanus plate, you'll need 2 things:

1) Good backstory on why/how your PC came across this interplanar armor
2) Cost is 3500 gold.

:)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I'd say Dori (Scott Dewar's dwarf cleric) is quite armor heavy.

yes he is, and wha tis kind a funny is that Renald wrot this when he made the character:

Appearance: Dori is a heavily armoured dwarf, ...

I believe the armor is +1 blurring displacement full plate. wow. i better look that up in my copy of MIC.

s@squ@tch

First Post
All - new post IC

@ScottDeWar: That armor took some time to figure out the correct pricing when renau1q was making it!

@Vertexx69: How are things coming on your new crusader? You ok with the mechanus plate reprice? Hopefully things with your dad are going well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases