S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting

Xaositek

First Post
Hey, Tailspinner, if you're willing to cut me free of my bonds this action I can use a more acrobatic maneuver (Soaring Raptor Strike) with a boost (Burning Blade) for +4 to hit, +5d6+7 damage, and I'd still be able to tumble away afterwards.

s@squ@tch

First Post
One question about Soaring Raptor strike -- how are you planning on attacking this larger foe from above? The giants are 10 1/2 ft tall.

Vertexx69

First Post
Thats why it requires a jump check equal to the larger creature's AC. Its a cinematic, acrobatic attack like taking a leap off a wall to change the angle of approach.

I posted my action. I take things into account like flanking, so unless you just want us to go in post order instead of initiative order, I've been waiting. I think it will go much faster using post order than having to wait on a single player for actions, but thats the way I think all PbP games should determine initiative anyways for the sake of time. Rolling initiative is to bring order to a room full of voices that all want to do things at the same time.

Laying out a schedule for posting monster actions really helps too. For instance say you'll be posting the first set of giant actions in 2 days @ noon EST and the 2nd set of giants in 48 hours later. Players that post that day or the next go before the 1st set, then they go and the players that have not gone yet get another day to post actions before the 2nd set, then any complete slackers will go last. This can put back the sense of immediacy in some small way that a tabletop session has.

Just brain storming here ;p in an effort to lessen the likelihood of the game stalling for months again.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
OK, just read up on the manuevre in ToB.

Luckily you have a good jump mod, but I'm sure you planned it that way. :)

Keep in mind that it takes two rounds for Darv to cut through the bonds, so he is finishing up with Char this round and then can move on to someone else.

Also, since Darv's init is after those who he is cutting loose, they won't be able to act until their next round. :(

Vertexx69

First Post
I think we are waiting on the actions of the first 2 giants. I never got a response to the post order vs initiative order issue from S@s. But I am worried about this game already, as we're lucky if we get 1 post every 2 weeks from the DM and he's trying to start yet another game. Hows that going to efffect the post rate?

s@squ@tch

First Post
Sorry - my fault, I was under the impression that I was waiting on more PC actions, but I saw that Void had an action posted. Will update today.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases