S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting

Zurai

First Post
At the same time, being able to scout nearly undetectably (invisibility + magic flight is damn near undetectable without spells) or being able to teleport out of grapples or into hard to reach places is also key. That said, it's a very strong choice for my 10th level invocation OR for a 12th level Extra Invocation. Unfortunately 12th is the soonest I can use Extra Invocation to take it, since it only gives an invocation of the tier below the highest available and it's a lesser invocation.

I'll see how badly we're doing for damage at 10th when I get my next invocation. If we need more oomph, it's the clear choice. I think eldritch chain and fell flight are too good even compared to giantbane blast to switch out, though. Chain is the same total amount of damage against two giants as giantbane would be, and its value increases as the number of enemies increases (and it's much more useful against non-giants). Flight keeps me out of their range, which as a squishy arcanist using robes because I can't carry anything heavier, is a good thing. A giant could fell me in two swings.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Is there a better domain for buffing besides strength? I really only saw the strength buff that I can place on someone else and figured it would increase their damage (their strength mod changes to my cleric level).

EvolutionKB

First Post
Is touch of healing on two different characters overdoing it a little? We can't benefit from it unless one of them goes down.

Strahd, Weapon finesse now applies to all weapon listed in the feat, no specific weapon has to be selected.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I'd suggest losing Eldritch Chain, at least for now.

Let the mage handle groups. Warlocks are more powerful when focusing on single targets, and getting the "main" invocations...

With invis and flight, you'd be poised to be a scout AND a blaster...good stuff!

Rolzup

First Post
I'll update the RG post shortly, but here's the current spell list for Darv:

- 0 Level: All Divine
- 1st Level: Lesser Vigor, Bless, Repair Light Damage, Entangle, Wnged Watcher (CSc 106), Guiding Light, Resurgance, Sanctuary
- 2nd Level: Hold Person, Barkskin, Close Wounds, Mass Snake's Swiftness
- 3rd Level: Prayer, Blessed Aim, Mass Lesser Vigor, Fell the Greatest Foe
- 4th Level: Restoration, Flame Strike, Repair Critical Damage, Moon Bolt

With one exception, all are from the SRD or the Spell Compendium. Still have 1200 to spend, so can anyone remind me what the cost is to copy scrolls into one's spell book?

Zurai

First Post
Shayuri said:
Let the mage handle groups. Warlocks are more powerful when focusing on single targets, and getting the "main" invocations...
I disagree. Warlocks may be strikers in 4E, but they're controllers in 3E. My once per day alpha strike is only 55 damage to a single target. My average damage is only 18.5. I'd do better spreading eldritch essences around to multiple targets. Frightful chain makes all the giants we fight take a -2 penalty to pretty much every d20 roll - attacks, saves, and skill/ability checks. Then later on there's black tentacles at will, wall of fire at will, wall of force at will, level draining blasts, etc. Admittedly, vitriolic blast will be a huge damage upgrade - 36 average on the primary target and 25 average on the secondary targets over the span of 3 rounds for a vitriolic chain at level 11 - but at that point we'll be facing things with 150+ hp.

Trust me, I'm not discounting walk unseen - it's just not as vital as the two lessers I currently have taken, in my opinion. We're not going to be fighting a great number of single giants in this series of modules. Maybe a few at the start, but single CR-appropriate enemies don't pose a credible threat in 3E.

Zurai

First Post
Rolzup said:
With one exception, all are from the SRD or the Spell Compendium. Still have 1200 to spend, so can anyone remind me what the cost is to copy scrolls into one's spell book?

100g per spell level, I believe.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases