S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold OOC - Recruiting

Shayuri

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
So we're only waiting for Shayuri to post our second tank before we're good to go character-wise?

Ask, and ye shall receive!

After much piffling about on classes and so on, here's what I got. I think he's pretty good. I compare him to our goliath, and note that he should have marginally more staying power (DR and more HP) at the cost of being harder to heal. One thing is that he's immune to crits, which means that he involves some attrition. No lucky 20 will take him out of the game right off the bat, which is nice.

Note that I'm using racial substitution levels for fighters, for warforged, as presented in Races of Eberron. If that's a problem, I can change it.

[sblock=Dreadnought]Name: Dreadnought
Race: Warforged
Class/Level: Fighter 8
Exp

Desc

Strength (STR) 20 +5 10
Dexterity (DEX) 12 +1 4
Constitution (CON) 20 +5 10
Intelligence (INT) 10 2
Wisdom (WIS) 10 4
Charisma (CHA) 8 -1 2

Alignment: Lawful Good
AC: 24 (10 + 10 armor + 1 dex + 3 shield)
Hit Points: 102/102
Movement: 20'

Init: +4
Base Attack Bonus: +8/+3
Melee Attack: +13
Ranged Attack: +9
Fort: +13
Reflex: +5
Will: +4

Race Abilities
Construct type, living subtype
immune to poison, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition, and energy drain.
Cannot heal damage naturally.
Healing spells/abilities only heal half damage.
Stasis at 0 through -10 HP.
Does not eat, sleep, or breathe.
Composite plating: +2 armor bonus, as light armor.
Light Fortification, 25% chance to avoid critical hits/sneak attacks.
Natural weapon, one slam attack for 1d4+Str

Class Abilities:
Battle Hardened (warforged substitution, +3 init and saves vs fear)
Bonus feats:
- Improved Damage Reduction (gained via warforged substitution level)
- Power Attack
- Improved Buckler Defense (from Complete Warrior)
- Shield Specialization: Buckler (from PHB2)

Special Combat Qualities
DR 4/adamantine
Immune to Critical Hits/Sneak Attacks

Skills: 16
Climb +5 (5 ranks + 5 Str -5 acp)
Intimidate +5 (6 ranks -1 Cha)
Craft: Metalworking +5 (5 ranks + 0 Int)

Feats
1 Adamantine Body
3 Improved Damage Reduction
6 Improved Fortification

Languages - Common, *Giant

Money - 85

Weapons -
+1 Greatsword of Giant Bane, +14 to hit, 2d6+8 dmg, 8350
- +16 to hit, 4d6+10 dmg against Giants

Armour -
Adamantine Chassis +2, +10 AC, +1 max dex, ACP -5, 4000
Buckler +1, +3 AC, ACP 0, 5lbs, 1165

Gear -
Cloak of Resistance +2, 4000
Gauntlets of Ogre Power +2, 4000
Amulet of Health +2, 4000
Armband of Elusive Action, 800
Pearl of Speech: Giant, 600

Background: [/sblock]

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
So it looks like Shayuri will be better at living through damage (the crit negation is sweet, I was so sad I couldn't afford moderate fortification), and I'll be heading up melee damage and disrupting enemy lines. I can knock people around and hit giants prone with pretty good regularity, so I'm going to be primarily offensive and try to keep any opponents off-balance.

s@squ@tch

First Post
You have a couple of days until the story begins, so please think about character backstories and personalities. Add them to your PC sheets if you haven't already.

Thanks!

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
s@squ@tch~posted what you asked for. I posted 2 more specific gods that Davan favors among the others of the pantheon. I didn't intend it to mean that he only worships those two, but those are where is two domains come from, so I figured I should mention those two gods specifically. If it throws things off, or just doesn't make sense, tell me and I will take it out.

Zurai

First Post
I've updated Asenfel's RG entry with an image for his combat map token. I would have posted the image directly but it would have stretched the page margins, I think. Should be plenty large enough for you to work with anyway!

I'll get a personality and backstory up tonight or tomorrow during the day.

s@squ@tch

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
S@squ@tch, are skill tricks allowed?

Don't know what those are -- what is the source?

@ Strahd -- I calculate Void's Hp to be 41 -- (8+6+6+6+6+3, plus 6 for CON)
Please note on your sheet the level advancement stat increases. It took me a while to figure out that you increased WIS and DEX each by one. I am assuming Monk 1 was your first character level? Also, weapon finesse would apply to your unarmed strikes as well, as they are considered natural/light weapons. Please list out your skill point totals from each class. Please list out the weight of your equipment -- break it down by item. Add in your action points. Other than that, Void is ready to go!

@ Nac Mac Feegle -- please list your level progression (especially with your feat selections)-- I am assuming you were a barbarian at 1st level? I calculate Lo-Kag's HP to be 88 (12+9+9+9+6+7+8 plus 28 for CON) Please list out your skill point totals from each class.
Please list out the weight of your equipment -- break it down by item. How did you arrive at your cost for the +2 Full plate? What are the +1 Deflection and +1 Natural Armor items? Your longspear should cost 8305 gp. Add in your Action Points.

@ Zurai -- I calculate Asenfel's Hp to be 50. (6+4+4+4+4+4+4+4, plus 16 for CON), please list out the weight of your equipment -- break it down by item. Other than that, Asenfel looks good to go!

@ Rolzup -- I calculate Darv's Hp to be 50 as well -- see breakdown of Asenfel's above. Please list out your point buy info, along with your Stat increases from lvl 4 and 8. Please mention that your crossbow is small, light (and that it costs 2335 gp). Please list out your total skill points and ranks bought in each class, along with the bonuses (due to synergies and ability bonuses) Also, you don't have any ammunition listed in your inventory - might be a good thing. ;) Can you list the source of the spells Panacea, Fell the Greatest Foe, Close Wounds, and Moonbolt. Your chainmail +2 of easy travel should cost 4300 + easy travel cost (which I think is 1500 gp, will double check with the MIC when I get home)

@ Onlythestrong -- Please list out your point buy info, along with your Stat increases from lvl 4 and 8. What is the enchantment of your Full Plate of Easy Travel? +1? It should cost 2650 gp (for the +1 enchantment) + the Easy Travel modifier. Please list on the sheet the +1. Also, I will need you to pick what spells you prepare each day. You can either do it in the RG (and cross out the ones you've already used, or keep track of it in the IG thread -- and cross out the ones you've already used. Remember -- your quicken spell has to be prepared ahead of time, since you do not have divine metamagic) For all of your equipment, list the cost and weight.

@ EvolutionKB -- Please note which skills are cross class and which are class skills. Where is Fiery burst from? (And what does it do?) I want to doublecheck the twilight application to composite plating when I get home -- other than that, looks good!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases