Aura of Terror and Lich's Fear Aura

Scharlata

First Post
Hi, fellow liches.

Skulking over the terrible and injust 5-Hit-Dice-limit regarding our fear aura, how does the spell Aura of Terror (Spell Compendium, p. 18) interact with our fear-ability - especially regarding the Caster Level (spell)/Hit Dice (lich) limit?

Negative energy fueled greetings

darthkilmor

First Post
Technically, I don't think it would affect the HD limit since its not mentioned in the spell, but alternatively I'm assuming you could suppress your fear aura and simply use the abilities of the spell.

Except that would suck because it just makes enemies shaken :(
SRD said:
A shaken character takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Not all that great for a 6th lvl spell if you don't already have an aura/presence.

Scharlata

First Post
darthkilmor said:
Technically, I don't think it would affect the HD limit since its not mentioned in the spell, but alternatively I'm assuming you could suppress your fear aura and simply use the abilities of the spell.

Except that would suck because it just makes enemies shaken :(

Not all that great for a 6th lvl spell if you don't already have an aura/presence.

Thank you for your input.

I "feared" ;) your answer...

But what if you'd suppressed your aura to use the spell and later use your own? Ah... that's not good, because the HD limit won't suffice...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases