CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Fenris

Adventurer
Jovik may be a small village lad, but he knew the best way to fight magic was with magic. He drops his bow, and draws Goblin Hook as he races up the stairs to attack the flying thing. Jovik gets a step ahead of Jokad and races around the other side. Goblin Hook flashes in the dim light as Jovik brings the dagger from an unexpected angle towards the demon.

[sblock=OOC]
Thanks Hew. Sorry about my abscence. Life has been way too hectic. Lots of exams to give this week, but it should get better each day.

Jovik should also be able to reach the demon with a move of 30', but on the opposite side of Jokad (the north stairs)

Jovik Init Post 582 (1d20+3=19)

Jovik Bluff Post 582 (1d20+7=25)

Jovik attacks Post 582 (1d20+3=21, 1d4+2=6)

Jovik Sneak attack damage Post 582 (1d6=5)

Woot! Please let her be susceptible to sneak attacks! With that bluff she'll have a hard time and will face 11 damage from a magical blade, hopefully that won't heal!

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Danth rushes forward to aid Kael against the fiendish bird, while his other companions rush to attack Erylium. The young priest nearly drops his morningstar as he swings at the creature, only the thing about his wrist keeping the weapon from bouncing into the nearby pool.

Initiative: 19
Attack: Natural 1

Last edited:

hewligan

First Post
OOC: Apologies, I have been very busy at work and on top of that I have not been feeling well. I will post an update tomorrow.

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

I'm sorry, did you somehow think we would accept anything less then the sacrifice of your mind, body, and soul.

Freakin' wuss, scrot up.

*grins*

Seriously, feel better soon and no worries, we're a cool bunch. ;)

hewligan

First Post
Round 4

OOC: Initiative order: Jovik (19), Danth (19), Erylium (16), Jokad (16), Kael (14), Mandraiv (8), Hawk (5)

Jovik goes off at a tear, flying up the stairs to confront the quasit. She is buried deep in some incantation she is casting, and does not seem to notice the rogue's rapid advance. At the last moment, as the thief steals into her view, she tries to dart higher to avoid his blade, but Jovik leaps up, pushing with one foot off the back wall of the cathedral to gain some height, and striking her hard with his dagger.

She screams in pain and rage, her spell lost, and her fury complete.

Danth sees the hawk swoop towards him. It seems intent on grabbing Kael's wand. He strikes at its spiraling form, missing rather pathetically, but at least putting off the hawk long enough to make it have to return for its dive.

Erylium thrusts her little dagger back into her belt and darts down with teeth and claws against Jovik. She claws at his face, the loose fabric of her robes filling his nose with the smell of death. Her nails bite deep (claw hit, claw hit, bite miss ) and causing a single thick cut to this cheek (total 2hp damage ).

OOC: The claws have poison in them, so I need you to make a DC 14 fortitude save or suffer 1d4 dexterity damage. Only 1 save, though as only 1 claw did damage.

Jokad roars up the stairs, swinging hard but without the precision needed to hit the quasit (20 or better to hit, so you know). She looks concerned now. She did not want to get cornered by two of the more dangerous looking opponents. You can see her considering her escape.

The hawk swoops in again, its focus on the wand. Kael manages to get in a quick stab of the wand as it approaches, but his thrust is errant and the bird continues its stretched lunge.

Mandraiv comes over to help Kael and Danth, his morningstar swinging hard at the hawk, catching it from behind (rolls a 20 attack). SPLAT! He hits it hard (6hp damage ), leaving a greasy bird-mess over his morningstar.

OOC: initiative and actions for round 5. Looks like Erylium wants to escape. She is at -5hp.

OOC: Apologies for the delay. As mentioned, I have been sick. Was off work yesterday feeling very sorry for myself. Still not 100%, but I have a 4 day weekend to recover, so all things considered shouldn't really grumble.

frostrune

First Post
Jokad screams to Jovik, "Don't let this thing escape! Grab her and bring her down!"

You see him drop his sword as the muscles in his legs flex ready to spring.

OOC: Jokad's plan is to try and grapple the demon. If he can get past her AO his size advantage should almost guarantee success.

Grapple provokes an AO, if she hits me attempt is ruined

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1533779/
Init 3 (yuck), Melee touch 16, Grapple check 10 + size modifers

Rhun

First Post
Danth Brinfield

The young priest pauses a moment to look at the reamins of the bird, and then turns and charges toward Erylium, shouting as he goes. "Feel the justice of Sarenae!" he cries, slamming his morningstar down upon the foe.

Initiative: 13
Attack: 22
Damage: 7

Last edited:

hewligan

First Post
OOC: If no other players post updates before Monday AM GMT, then I will assume actions for their characters and move things on.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry I haven't been around for the last month. My new job has me a lot busier than I expected. I may not be able to get back into this game, but I appreciate you keeping Mandraiv around. If anything changes I will let you know.[/sblock]

Remove ads