CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Rhun

First Post
Danth Brinfield, Round 1 Actions

Reflex Save: 21

Despite his initial surprise, Danth reacts quickly, hopping and sidestepping to avoid being entangled by the clutching vines and thorns. And despite seeing the cat's sharp claws and teeth, the young priest is more worried about the spellcasting goblin. Although entangled, Danth knew his companions could at least fight back, even if they couldn't move. "Feel the righteousness of Sarenae," says the cleric, moving through the vegetation to crack his morningstar down upon the goblin foe.

Initiative, Round 1: 17
Move to E5, attack Gogmurt the Golbin
Attack: 21
Damage: 6

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: I hope this is enough
Jovik Reflex Save (1d20+6=25)

Though Jovik didn't hear the goblin approaching over the howls of the dying Goblin Dogs, he knew the enemy now and was as nimble as ever dodging the creeping vines quickly.

Jovik stepped forward and feints at the cat before bringing Goblin Hook back in a slash at the goblin.

[sblock=OOC]
Jovik Feint Post 662 (1d20+8=19)

Jovik Attack Post 662 (1d20+6=25, 1d4+2+2d6=6)

*grumble grumble* 2 out of 12 on the SA

Crit confirm

Jovik Confirm crit Post 662 (1d20+6=13)

[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
Last edited:

hewligan

First Post
Round 1: To kill a mocking bird

OOC: Initiative: Kael (21), Danth (17), Jovik (11), Tangletooth (7), Gogmurt (5) (their init rolls )

Kael, wounded but defiant, takes a short step out of the tangled vines (OOC: I am assuming you are going to make a short step, because otherwise you would need to roll against tangle all over again), and strikes forward at the cat. His foot slips on the slick earth, causing his attack to miss badly. (OOC: I am not using fumble rules for this game as it is already pretty darn deadly on players)

Danth darts forward, thrusting down with his morning star, hitting the unprepared goblin's raised sword, pushing past that, and contacting hard with his wrist and then knee. He screams in fury. (OOC: Gogmurt -6hp)

Jovik makes a flashing faint, sinking his blade into the goblin's shoulder. The druid looks furious, but also a little afraid. (OOC: Gogmurt -6hp)

The cat swings away from Kael at the sound of its master's distress, and seeing two attacks land on his goblin lord decides to lunge fully at the young thief who's blade just penetrated deep into Gogmurt's shoulder.

He bits down on the thief, his teeth sinking into Jovik's left thigh, and one of its paws clawing at his left arm.

(OOC: bite hits, claw misses, claw hits for 6hp and 4hp damage for a total of -10hp to Jovik. OUCH!)

Gogmurt swings forward at Danth with his flaming sword. He misses horrendously!

OOC: All - initiative and actions for round 2. Below are the positions at the end of round 1:

2438844025_6b694ff390.jpg

Rhun

First Post
Danth was frustrated by the realization that his companions were in very poor tactical positions. Jokad was held fast by vines, Kael had moved into melee range with a fire pelt cat that could probably tear him apart, and Jovik was badly wounded...

Still, if Kael and Jovik took advantage of their positions in flanking the cat, they might just take it down, leaving only the wounded goblin. Although truly desiring to again to provide healing to his companion, the priest's position in the melee meant there was no way he could do it without endagering himself.

So instead, he tries to take the goblin out of the fight, again striking with his morningstar. His aim is on, but there is little power behind the swing.

Initiative: 9
Attack: Natural 20 (critical threat)
Confirm Critical: 7, no critical :(
Damage: 3

(What a waste of a natural 20! I knew Post 666 was a bad omen!)

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
frostrune said:
IC: Jokad continues to rail against the writhing vegetation. For every vine or branch he breaks, 5 more take its place. He is clearly making no progress and his frustration is evident.

OOC: DC 20 STR is no joke.... grrrrr.

OOC: "Hey Amryl, Jokad is a weakling. He can't even break some plants" :D

Reeling from the attack of the cat, Jovik decides to put some space between him and the cat. He tries to roll past Danth to get away from the cat, but his wounds make his movements stiff.

[sblock=OOC]

Jovik Init Post 667 (1d20+3=12)

Jovik Tumble Post 667 (1d20+9=14)

Fails to tumble. Moving just south of Danth. IF Jovik survives (and it's a big if at this point)

Jovik will be flanking Gogmurt with Kael

Jovik Bluff Post 667 (1d20+8=14)

Joivk R2 Attack Post 667 (1d20+8=22, 1d4+2+2d6=15)

Bluff may not matter, the flank grants me Sneak Attack. Boy I hope I live past the tumble.

[/sblock]

hewligan

First Post
OOC: Jokad, at the end of Round 2, and in time for round 3 actions, I am going to allow Jokad to break free without the need for a roll. First of all - he is the muscle, and it is rather embarrassing for the poor sap to be stuck, and secondly, I think they are going to need you ;) I am just waiting for the update for Kael and then I will post round 2 actions.

Rhun

First Post
hewligan said:
OOC: Jokad, at the end of Round 2, and in time for round 3 actions, I am going to allow Jokad to break free without the need for a roll. First of all - he is the muscle, and it is rather embarrassing for the poor sap to be stuck, and secondly, I think they are going to need you ;) I am just waiting for the update for Kael and then I will post round 2 actions.

OOC: I was really hoping Danth could take both foes with only minimal help from his companions. :D

Remove ads