CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings - Page 68




What's on your mind?

  1. #671
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Friadoc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    2,237

    Ignore Friadoc
    My communities:

    Moving free of the entangling underbrush, Kael fumbles with the forked wand before he gains a secure grip on it and shoves it at the side of the beastial feline.

    OOC

    Post #671 - Initiative (1d20+3=10)

    Post #671 - Shocking Grasp Wand Attack (+1 for flanking) (1d20+2=20, 5d6=15)
    Last edited by Friadoc; Friday, 25th April, 2008 at 10:34 PM.
    Robert N. Emerson (Editor-in-Chief Adventure Quarterly)

 

  • #672
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    hewligan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Riverhead, Kent, TN13 2
    Posts
    1,180

    Ignore hewligan
    My communities:

    Round 2: On a roll?

    OOC: Init order is Tangletooth (22), Gogmurt (20), Jovik (12), Kael (10), Danth (9)

    The cat seems bolstered by its success in combat so far. Behind it Gogmurt shouts it on. "Shorack. KAH!!!" he yells. You are not sure what the command means, but the cat responds and leaps into the attack against Jovik once again, aiming to rip the throat from the young rogue's neck.

    The cat is fast, too fast for Jovik, but something sparks inside the young man and he thinks he senses the type of attack the cat is going to make. As it turns its body in mid air, Jovik, dives down, preparing himself to roll away from the cat, but also, he hopes, taking himself out of danger. The move works, mostly, and the cat's vicious jaw clamps down on empty air. Its right paw, however, thrusts down and tear a ragged line in the flesh of Jovik's arm. The blood flows free, and the young man cannot help but scream.

    (OOC: Bite, claw, claw rolled an 8, 8, 17, so only one claw attack hits. Damage roll comes up with a 2 , so -2hp to Jovik).

    OOC: Jovik now at 14-12 = 2hp!

    Gogmurt strikes forth with his wicked flaming jet of power that extends like a red beam of scorching energy from his hand, focused on striking the head from the shoulders of Danth. He is cackling and babbling to himself the whole time, appearing to be very upset about the situation he finds himself in.

    He hits hard. Very hard!

    (OOC: natural 20, but this is a spell, not a weapon, so no critical. Still, 8hp damage!!!! Danth at 24-8 = 16hp)

    Jovik, in immense pain, but still holding on to consciousness, completes the move he initiated with the attack from Tangletooth, and attempts to tumble into a flanking position against Gogmurt. It is a risky move, opening himself up to an opportunistic strike from that damned cat as he moves.

    (OOC: He misses. Actually, he rolls a 1. Jovik is officially the luckiest man alive!)

    Jovik ignores the pain, darting like an arrow past Danth and into a flanking position against the goblin. He makes the move, striking forward with the ever trusty Goblin Hook. The blade slips in so easily one could almost believe it wanted to taste goblin flesh. It sinks deep into the back of Gogmurt, slipping between two ribs like a hot knife through a cist!

    Gogmurt doesn't yell, he just makes a horrible exhalation noise as if the energy has been sapped from him. His knees wobble, but he does not fall.

    (OOC: Gogmurt takes 15hp damage! He is now at -27hp. Still alive, but very bloodied!)

    Kael responds next, recovering quickly from his earlier fumble and in fact turning the earlier move into an attack, pushing the tip of the wand into the fur on the side of the large cat. The wand discharges, sending a crackling wave of energy out and through the cat. It screams in horror and pain. Its total focus on Jovik had left it open and unaware of the magician behind it, and now it had been punished.

    (OOC: Tangletooth at -15hp. Looking very hurt)

    Danth is angry and hurt. He strikes back, using a simple sweep of his morning star, hoping that the successful attack that Jovik just landed may have left an opening. And indeed it did. Gogmurt appears to be completely unprepared, and the morning star moves through his defenses easily, brushing aside his flaming sword on its way in. It strikes cleanly, but unfortunately for Danth he doesn't feel that it carried through the power he had hoped.

    It cracks down on the head of Gogmurt, leaving a trail of blood on his forehead. His eyes roll up in his head, as if he wants to inspect the damage to his forehead. But then they keep rolling, before disappearing to leave only the whites. He crashed to the ground, either dead or unconscious, but certainly out of the fight.

    Sometimes it only takes only a small strike to end a battle.

    Tangletooth, seeing his master fall, and feeling his own pain all too clearly, panics, and looks to withdraw.

    (OOC: Next round, Tangletooth will be making a run for it, so lots of AOCs as he darts for the opening).



    With the collapse of Gogmurt, the tangling vines recede, their magic cancelled. The firey rod that he had been holding also fades from view. The wand he was holding falls at his side.

    Turns out you didn't need the barbarian after all. It is amazing what a few lucky rolls and a little bit of courage can do!

  • #673
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,300

    Ignore Fenris
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by hewligan
    (OOC: He misses. Actually, he rolls a 1. Jovik is officially the luckiest man alive!)

    Turns out you didn't need the barbarian after all. It is amazing what a few lucky rolls and a little bit of courage can do!

    OOC: Fortune favors the bold. Jovik has been lucky since he took on those two goblins by himself in the village square!

    Jovik AoO Post 673 (1d20+6=10, 1d4+2=5)

  • #674
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Friadoc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    2,237

    Ignore Friadoc
    My communities:

    As the monstrous cat goes to feel, Kael stabs at it again with the forked wand.

    OOC

    Post #674 - Attack of Opportunity on Tangletooth (1d20+2=17, 5d6=7)
    Robert N. Emerson (Editor-in-Chief Adventure Quarterly)

  • #675
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    frostrune's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Crofton, MD
    Posts
    1,288

    Ignore frostrune
    OOC: Well done everyone.... except me of course.

    IC: With the collapse of the goblin shaman Jokad finally rips himself free from the writhing vegetation. He lunges forward to face the paniced cat and it dangerous natural weapons.

  • #676
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    hewligan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Riverhead, Kent, TN13 2
    Posts
    1,180

    Ignore hewligan
    My communities:

    Fried Cat and Dead Goblins

    Kael reacts quickest to the darting, retreating form of the cat that did him so much damage. His wand stabs into its rear, sending a wicked curl of energy coursing through the beast. It lets out a guttural yowl, before collapsing in a smoking heap, its limbs still twitching with the electrical surge.

    OOC: Fraidoc - I need you to keep track of how many charges you have on that wand if you don't mind. One less thing for me to track.

    You have only been in this clearing for a few minutes, dealing at first with the dispatch of the goblin dogs, and then latterly with the surprise attack by the goblin druid and his ferocious cat, but it feels like longer, and you are nursing various wounds (some admittedly only to their pride, Jokad, but wounds nonetheless).

    To the east, where the clearing leads out into a small passage through the thistle wall, you can see the passage heads either north or south. The sounds of the sea lapping the shore is all too clear now, sounding as if it is mere feet to the north (albeit far below).

    OOC: Let me know if you want to heal, search, explore, rest, etc. If any of these actions require rolls, please make them.

  • #677
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,300

    Ignore Fenris
    My communities:

    Jovik sits down heavily, pulls out the potion he received in town and guzzles it down.

  • #678
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Friadoc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    2,237

    Ignore Friadoc
    My communities:

    After taking a deep breath, as well as checking himself for wounds, Kael kneels down where the druid fell and looks for that wand, so that he may examine it.

    OOC

    Not a problem, if my math is correct I'm at 21 charges remaining.
    Robert N. Emerson (Editor-in-Chief Adventure Quarterly)

  • #679
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    frostrune's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Crofton, MD
    Posts
    1,288

    Ignore frostrune
    Jokad looks at his assembled injured companions and sheepishly says, "Sorry."

    He then tosses his potion to Kael before sneaking up ahead to make sure no further reinforcements are on the way.


    OOC: Jokad moves toward the sound of water but not too far. Maybe 50' or so. If not immediately alerted he will find a place to hide and listen and observe the area for a couple minutes.

  • #680
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,804

    Ignore Rhun
    My communities:

    Not that I'm not grateful, Hewligan, but unless you have house-ruled spells, any spell that you roll an attack roll for can gain score a critical. Magic missile for example can't critical, but scorching ray on the other hand can.


    Danth takes a few moments after the victory to examine his companions' wounds and see who is in need of healing.

    Using Touch of Healing, Danth brings Jovik up to 7 hp. He will then cast Cure Light Wounds on Jovik, healing 7 points.

    Kael 7/13
    Danth 16/24
    Jokad 30/30
    Jovik 14/14

    Danth's Spells

    - Level 0: Detect Magic, Light, Guidance, Resistance
    - Level 1: Command, Bless, Shield of Faith + (d) Cure Light Wounds
    - Level 2: Spiritual Weapon, Hold Person + (d) Heat Metal


    Last edited by Rhun; Sunday, 27th April, 2008 at 08:28 PM.
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 68 of 117 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. BBs Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings (Closed)
      By BBs in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 114
      Last Post: Monday, 28th October, 2013, 07:03 AM
    2. Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings OOC
      By hewligan in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 384
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th April, 2010, 08:55 PM
    3. Pathfinder #1 Burnt Offerings
      By Mr Baron in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 05:49 AM
    4. Replies: 24
      Last Post: Friday, 2nd November, 2007, 11:24 PM
    5. Pathfinder I - Burnt Offerings?
      By Varianor Abroad in forum Meta
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th October, 2007, 11:28 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •