CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Friadoc

Explorer
With a word of thanks in Shoanti, for Jokad, Kael downs the healing potion and grimaces slightly.

"I really should duck more," says Kael.

OOC

What's the roll for these bad boys, again?

Pre-emptive thanks.

Fenris

Adventurer
With a hoarse thanks to Danth, Jovik stands up with a word of thanks to Desna and Cayden Cailean to top it off. Feeling much better, Jovik looks at the gaping wound still on Danth's shoulder and tosses him the potion that he was about to drink.

Rhun

First Post
Danth accepts the potion from Jovik and drinks it down. "Thank you. I'd use more of my healing abilities, but I'd prefer to save what spell power I have for when we really need it."

I believe a Cure Light Wounds potion is 1d8+1. Danth's cures 5 points.

Danth 21/24.

Last edited:

hewligan

First Post
The Sea

Jovik gets busy doing what a gentleman of nimble fingers does best (well, perhaps second best, but the things they do best are best reserved for the bedroom!) - he loots the corpse!

The dead druid, for he is now clearly very dead, with blood clotting in his ears, is a veritable treasure chest. There are six wooden bamboo-esque potion cases secured in his belt. Two of them, using the ageless (and risky) finger dip test, are unmistakable healing potions (Potion of Cure Light Wounds, times two), with the other four being strange and new to you. They appear to be twin sets, with two deep, sticky red, and two watery brown brew, like weak tea.

The wand, secured by Kael, has no distinguishing features at all. It is a thin wooden wand, of pretty much the cheapest appearance you have ever seen, but also strangely solid in your hands, and you cannot flex it even when you try. There is no clear method of activation, and no runes or other distinguishing features. In fact, the only thing differentiating it from a long twig is the warm to the touch amber stone that appears to hover a millimeter or two from the tip of the wand. A spell (or reasonable DC20 spellcraft check) will be required to find out its capabilities and methods of triggering.

The little goblin has quite fine leather armour, but far too short for anyone to use. In addition he has a small cloak that appears quite fine, with overlaying panels that look almost like scale mail, but are soft woven fabric. They may be worth stealing for sale if you ever hit a hobbit village (or large city), but appear to be of no use to you lot.

He also carries a spear, sling, some sling shot, a water bottle, some pretty rough food (think raw dog meat), and a few nick nacks (teeth of leather necklaces, etc.)

----

Jokad moves towards the noise of the sea, following the only clear route (for the thistle walls are still too thick to move through). The way is clear, and the route short (perhaps sixty feet at most), all through winding thistle tunnels. Up ahead you see the thistle wall open out into clear air, and immediately to the right is what appears to be a small cubby hole big enough to hold 2 goblins on watch duty. Fortunately it is currently empty.

Twenty foot ahead the thistle wall ends, a cliff drops off towards the distant smashing waves, and a tiny, rather precarious looking, rope bridge spans the gulf between the cliff and a roundish, flat-topped island sixty some feet to the north. Thick patches of nettles and briars grow here and there atop the island, but its most impressive feature is a wooden one-storey stockage. The rope bridge is made of hairy rope and thick wooden planks; the whole thing creaks and sways in the wind above the churning surf eighty feet below.

OOC: All - lets tidy up any last actions you may have and then move things on.

Friadoc

Explorer
After taking a healthy draught from the healing potion he was given, Kael takes a few brief moments to investigate the unique wand, which he shows to Mal, as if wanting to get the familiar's opinion on it as well.

OOC

I know Mal gives no bonus to any of this, nor can he do it, but it just felt in character for Kael. :D

Post #686 - Spellcraft vs. DC 20 (1d20+5=23) - Nailed it, only a 25% chance, too.

Post #686 - Healing Potion (1d8+1=8)

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Jovik replaces the used healing potion with a new one, and hands the unknown ones to Kael. He debates about the armor, but decides that it's too heavy, but ends up taking the lighter cloak.

He then cuts the ropes on the dogs and heaves the bodies into the thistle wall, alongh with the cat and goblin.

Lastly he heads out to see the view, handing Jokad the last healing potion.

"That won't be fun to cross. Sitting ducks for archers." he says looking at the bridge.

frostrune

First Post
Jokad grunts at the discovery of the hidden sentry post. He looks from it out to the precarious rope bridge and immediately decides to put his improved tracking skills to the test. Unfortunately the goblins prove too light-footed to leave much sign.

Frustrated, he crawls forward until he has a clear view of the opposite side of the rope bridge. He will observe it for a good 2 minutes hoping to catch some sign of further sentries.

OOC shenanigans for Hewligan: [sblock]Hewligan, I want to try and see if there were goblins posted here recently. If so, it seems quite likely they heard the recent fight and went for help. That could make testing that rope bridge REAL ugly.

Survival check... 7, totally tanked it.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1580666/

Okay that didn't work so...
I am hoping I can take 20 on a spot check which would give me a 24. If not, here is the roll... 17, maybe that has a chance.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1580670/
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Danth will take the goblin's fine leather armor and carry it, since it may be worth some cash. Plus, if it is leather armor, I think it only weighs 7.5lb for a small creature.

Seeing the guard cubby and the bridge, Danth is unsure of how to proceed. Obviously they needed to get to the island, but who knew how many concealed archers waited to turn them into pincushions once they start across the bridge. "Let's watch and listen for a few, and see what we can see," says the priest.

Take 20 on both spot and listen checks as appropriate...if possible, use those actions to aid another with Jokad's checks?

hewligan

First Post
The cubby hole, or guard hole, or whatever it is, has been cut clean out of the thick thistle wall with blades. The cuts vary in age, showing that the guard post has been in use and maintained for what appears to be many years. It is impossible to tell when this post was last actively manned, but given its proximity to the bridge and the goblin stronghold that you can see on the little stubby island, it is clearly a core defensive point. However, the muddied and still wet dirt near the bridge shows no recent signs of passing. Sure, there are many prints and churned marks in the soil, but these appear more dry than the top layer of dirt, and it appears that nobody has passed here for a few hours at least.

More importantly, Mal appears settled. He sniffs the ground, his nose searching out and moving over every print. He moves next to the cubby hole, seeming unhappy with the general smell, but not agitated, and not giving any impression to Kael that he is smelling "recent" goblin.

Hiding as best as you can, watching the bridge and the buildings beyond, and listening to the rhythmic beat of the waves far below, yields nothing. There are no goblins visible, none appearing, and no noises evident over the waves.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases