CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

frostrune

First Post
"DAMN!", Jokad curses as Jovik is discovered. Those guards need to be silenced NOW, Jokad thinks to himself.

Before the goblin can slam the door shut, Jokad takes a risky shot with his bow ricocheting an arrow off the ladder and narrowly missing Jovik in the process. He then immediately drops his bow and rushes for the ladder drawing his hand axe in the process.

OOC:

INIT 21
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1596398/

AT & DMG (hit AC 11, -5 penalty makes it a 6... yuck)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1596403/

hewligan

First Post
2495490772_b89d06e6c4.jpg

OOC: You are all in the room on the right labelled "Watch Tower". I forgot to mention a door to the north, sorry about that. The room is quite big and is effectively an open mud floored room that has four large pillars supporting the watch tower platform that sits 30 feet above you. A thin ladder leads down from that platform to the floor, and you are either gathered around that ladder, or on the ladder. It makes it impossible to draw positions due to the fact that Jovik and Jokad and at least one of the goblins are occupying the same square but at different elevations. Anyway, you get the idea I hope.

OOC: Goblins roll 5 and 11 for init. Kael rolled a 3, and Danth a 20., giving an initiative order of Danth, Jokad, Jovik, Goblin 2, Goblin 2, Kael.

I will await for a short while to see if Danth's post is made, and if not I will assume an action (probably a slingshot), and then move things on to resolve the Jokad miss, the Jovik charge, and then the goblin counterattack.

Rhun

First Post
Danth momentarily considers taking a shot with his crossbow, but knows the situation will be even worse if he plants a bolt into Jovik's back. Instead, he brings his hand to the holy symbol of Sarenae about his neck, summoning her divine power. "Fall!" says the young priest to the goblin nearest Jovik, his word carrying with it the power of the Dawnflower's might.

Cast Command, DC 13, to "fall."

Current Spells Readied
- Level 0: Detect Magic, Light, Guidance, Resistance
- Level 1: Command, Bless, Shield of Faith + (d) Cure Light Wounds
- Level 2: Spiritual Weapon, Hold Person + (d) Heat Metal

hewligan

First Post
The watchtower, round 1

The goblins move to attack, aiming, it appears, at the hands and head of the visible rogue. They carry horsechoppers, heavy, crude blades, and their faces are etched in confusion and fear. They clearly haven't worked out quite why some humans should be appearing at their very watch post. I guess they probably shouldn't have been paying quite so much attention to their game of cards.

Before the goblin can slam the door shut, Jokad takes a risky shot with his bow ricocheting an arrow off the ladder and narrowly missing Jovik in the process. He then immediately drops his bow and rushes for the ladder drawing his hand axe in the process.

As if spurred into action by Jokad's fast, but ultimately unsuccesful attack, Danth lets the magic of Sarenrae, the Dawnflower, course through his mind and into the mind of the first goblin.

The goblin lets out a confused grunt as the power of Sarenrae forces its way into his mind.

"fall"

He falls, tumbling head first, his back bouncing off the already moving Jovik. The deflection sends the goblin spinning, his blade wripped out from his hand. He tries to scream, but before the noise can leave his mouth, he hits the ground with a horrific crunch. His neck has been broken, his body twisted, a cloud of dust rises from the impact point. It is difficult to look.

OOC: One of the cleverest uses of a non-combat spell I have seen!

And then Jovik, finding his way now clear, pushes hard and fast through the opening (no need for a charge now, due to the clear path, so just a move and standard action, but I will keep your rolls). The remaining goblin turns to face him as he moves through the opening. Jovik lashes out, feeling Goblin Hook catch the goblin across the gut, tearing into his studded leather armour and pulling a gout of hot blood pouring out.

It is then that Jovik recognises that this goblin looks more like the one that was mounted on the goblin dog, all those days ago back in Sandpoint when they helped rescue Aldern Foxglove, the noble. Better armoured, better armed (with a large horsechopper blade), and certainly a lot tougher. And sure enough, despite the wicked wound, the goblin still lunges forward. This carries both the goblin and Jovik out of view of those below. Jokad charges up the ladder.

The goblin's heavy, jagged blade hits, and it hits HARD, sending Jovik back against the eastern wall of the watchtower. The young rogue looks down at his chest. There is blood seeping, blood everywhere. He is badly hurt. He feels quite faint.

OOC: -10hp, Jovik. I hope you are okay?

OOC: Kael - if you think there is a useful action you can take this round without a view of the goblin, then please go ahead and post it. Initiative and actions for round 2. Jokad, you will need to spend the round ascending. The others are pretty much out of view. So in truth, round 2 may just be Jovik for combat, with actions for others.

Rhun

First Post
I just noticed that Fenris never gave Jovik his 2nd level ability boost...I'd recommend he start putting some points in CON, because he keeps taking lots of damage!

Danth moves to check the golbin's body, and ensure the creature is dead. Then he turns his attention to the doors leading into the room, keeping his eyes and ears open for any reinforcements that might have heard the disturbance. He trusted in his companions' ability to bring the other guard down.

hewligan

First Post
Rhun said:
I just noticed that Fenris never gave Jovik his 2nd level ability boost...I'd recommend he start putting some points in CON, because he keeps taking lots of damage!

OOC: Rhun, you are an astute and wise man! Fenris - the choice of change is yours, but the rules are +1 to any attribute on even levels, so please make the selection and update Jovik's character sheet.

hewligan

First Post
OOC: Frostrune - yes, you will be able to see the goblin at the end of the turn as you will be at the top of the ladder. He is about 10 foot away from the trapdoor on the platform, so your proposed action for Jokad works fine.

Fenris

Adventurer
hewligan said:
OOC: Rhun, you are an astute and wise man! Fenris - the choice of change is yours, but the rules are +1 to any attribute on even levels, so please make the selection and update Jovik's character sheet.

OOC: Actually I believe I gave him the +1 to Dex already. I'll double check

EDIT: Yeap, Already got the +1 to Dex at level 2. The goblin I am facing, while tougher is still a goblin though, correct, and is therefore size small?

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Jovik gasps in pain, but grits his teeth. Jovik always relied upon his luck, wits and reflexes and now was no different. Jovik shifted his stance, rolled over on his shoulder to get a better angle, he made sure to protect himself more as he did so, but it seemed to confuse the goblin enough that when Jovik struck, Gonlin Hook seemed to find that seam in the armor that let the blade penetrate well.

[sblock=OOC]

Yeah, I'm at 4 hp so I'm going defensive. :D

I'll be shifting 3 points from BAB to AC this round thanks to combat expertise, plus fighting defensively, so -7 to hit but adding 6 to my AC to give me a 21 AC this round.

Jovik Init Post 760 (1d20+3=7)

Joivk Bluff Post 760 (1d20+8=22)

Jovik attack Post 760 (1d20-1=17)

Jovik Damage Post 760 (1d4+2+2d6=9)
assuming the bluff worked. Boy that sucked for damage.

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases