CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Friadoc

Explorer
Upon seeing Jovik mended, Kael casts a wane smile upon the young rogue, as well as a pat on the shoulder before the group sets off after Jokad.

hewligan

First Post
Pressing your ear to the door, you can hear distant, muffled noises. Laughter, and on occasion shouting or barking or something similar. There are definitely more living things, probably goblins of course, and they are not far away. Perhaps not immediately beyond this door (they sound a bit too distant), but not a world away either.

You have managed to neutralise 8 goblins already, 9 if you include the druid and his cat, but clearly there are more still within these walls.

Fenris

Adventurer
Rhun said:
"Yes, we should hurry," says Danth. "And let's try to avoid more injuries. I only have limited powers each day." The young priest smiles and again readies his weapon.

Jovik mutter a thanks as he walks along still absently rubbing his stomach where the wound, now a small pink line, used to be.

Shrugging off any doubt or really any fear he heads up to the door, kneels down and check to see if it is locked.

[sblock=OOC]
Jovik Open Lock Post 774 (1d20+10=29)

It isn't now. Booyah! :D

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Let's get at it," whispers Danth, ready to follow Jokad through the door now that Jovik has dealt with the lock.

hewligan

First Post
Aha, there be goblins, or something, here!

The door opens easily and swings silently to reveal a short corridor 15 foot long, that turns to the left at the end. There are two doors at the end, one straight ahead, and one just five foot off to the left. The muffled noises you heard earlier are a bit clearer now. Voices for sure, coming from the left door. The tongue is almost certainly goblin, or something similar. Gutteral, a bit high pitched at times, and a mix of voices. Amidst the chatter and laughter, you can discern a single more powerful voice. It is still goblin-ish, but more commanding, and the others tend to quiet down when it is raised. A leader, perhaps. THE leader of the Thistletop goblins, perhaps?

There is no noise from behind the door straight ahead.

2512221330_1dacd852ce.jpg

frostrune

First Post
Rhun said:
"Let's get at it," whispers Danth, ready to follow Jokad through the door now that Jovik has dealt with the lock.

Jokad glances over his shoulder at Danth's comment and smiles; a gesture cold enough to make a penguin shiver.

He then soundlessly ducks through the doorway and into the shadows beyond.

frostrune

First Post
OOC: Do we have any 'tricks' we can make use of here? I'm thinking smokesticks, AoE spells, etc...

We don't know what is on the other side of that door; could be a few goblins, could be a ton. I'm tempted to kick in the door but it could bring the whole fort down on our heads.

Any ideas?

Rhun

First Post
Danth has bless that he can cast on us prior to us charging in, and heat metal, which should help against any goblies with dogslicers or wearing armor.

frostrune

First Post
Rhun said:
Danth has bless that he can cast on us prior to us charging in, and heat metal, which should help against any goblies with dogslicers or wearing armor.

OOC: Most likely a good start. I took the liberty of scanning your charcter sheets to see if anything clever came to me... nada. We don't collectively have a whole lot in our bag of tricks.

The biggest thing we need to know is what is on the other side of the door so we don't jump into a hornet's nest. I'm assuming the doors are of fairly poor construction as the whole fort is a hodge podge of junk and detritus. Can Kael use an acid splash to burn a hole through the door that we can peek through? Jovik can probably pick it an peek in but i'm thinking this has less of a chance of being detected.

Not a terribly good plan but the best I can come up with.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases