Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings OOC

hewligan

First Post
Burnt Offerings, Rise of the Runelords - Pathfinder Adventure Path 1, Adventure 1

Character Thread
Game (IC) Thread

Adventure Background

Sandpoint has faced many hardships but also great prosperity in its 42-year history. A small town on the Varisian Bay, fisher-men, farmers, and other simple folk make the community one of the rare truly peaceful havens in Varisia. Yet, while the townsfolk have known dark times in the past, a new shadow has begun to loom over the unsuspecting town.

Emerging from the shadow of these events, though, Sandpoint has healed and rebuilt, with many townsfolk viewing the coming dedication of a new church (the old one was burnt to the ground, taking Father Tobyn and his pregnant daughter with it) as a symbolic end to the healing and return to normality.

Our True Heroes (we hope!)

• Jokad The Reaver, Shoanti Human, Shadde Quah - Axe Clan Barbarian, Level 1. Frostrune
  • Danth Brinfield, favored of Sarenae, Human, Cleric, Level 1. Rhun
  • Mandraiv the hermit, free spirit of Desna, Human, Cleric, Level 1, 55 years old. Airwalkrr
  • Kael Saern, Human, Sorcerer, Level 1. Friadoc
  • Jovik, Human, Rogue, Level 1. Fenric
The Rules

Players may post here "out-of-character", meaning please ask any game questions or mechanics questions, or whatever. Keep the game thread (linked above) in character, except for mechanical notes, etc., which you can mark with "OOC: ......."

Dice Rolling: Use Invisible Castle, and where it says character name, please use your character name (first name only), and where it says Notes, please put the post number. You must post the link to your dice roll, and no cheating please (remember I can look back and see previous rolls).

The key to dice rolling is to make it not slow things down. So if it is an attack roll, and you roll a critical chance, then please immediately roll the critical confirm roll for me and post that link to. Also, always roll a damage roll if you think there is a chance you hit (or I will do it). Do all of this at one time, and we can turn 3 possible posts (with my requests in between) into 1. This could save about 2 days for each round of combat!!!

Rather than wait for rolls, etc., I will make them myself. So if you post that you want to attack, and it is your turn, and you post the hit roll, but forget to post a critical confirm and/or damage roll, i will automatically do them for you.

Pretty Colours

Some people like to post their IC speech in the same colour each time. If you prefer that, and it can help make this more readable (as long as you pick a colour that is readable), then please do so. I will then update your player name with that colour above.

Please make sure your colour is readable on light grey background, as I don't use the black background, and thus pale grey, blue, yellow colours are pretty much invisible to me!

Most Important Rule

The GM (me) does not post his rolls. Why? Takes too long, and also means I cannot fudge things. Every now and then the GM has to fudge things to let the story roll.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Can't wait; should be a fun game. I also updated Danth's spells on his charsheet.

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
I'm very excited and can't wait until things start, too!

When Kael Saern speaks he will use the following color for his speech, "As I think it is fitting and readable."

Fenris

Adventurer
Jovik will use Royal Blue

Sorry on my tardiness Hewligan. I had to teach on Saturday so it put me back. I had been working Jovik up, but hadn't posted him to the Character thread. I had been working on him and editing in the recruiting thread :heh:

Should be good to go for a review. Let me know what else you would like. I'll have some time to polish what ever else is needed tomorrow.

Last edited:

hewligan

First Post
Those colours are all perfectly readable to me. I will update the names to reflect the colours.

Fenris - no problem. The weekend is often difficult for posting. I shall check out Jovik today and post your lead-in text in the game thread today.

Rhun

First Post
hewligan said:
The weekend is often difficult for posting. I shall check out Jovik today and post your lead-in text in the game thread today.

In that case, Danth will use DARK ORANGE, as befits a priest of the sun.

Rhun

First Post
Hewligan,

How far is the goblin with the oil bomb from Danth? The preferred action for Round 1 would be to cast command and tell the goblin to drop the bomb, but he needs to be within 25' to do so.

Oh, and a woo-hoo for this being my 6000th post!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases