The Second K'ril Incursion (SW Saga, KotOR era) [IC]

Douane

First Post
Zurai said:
Hawke snorts at the arrogant Twi-lek's "observation".

"I hope for your sake that was a joke and not the limits of your observational skills. You've already been told I'm the pilot of this little expedition. If that's the best you can come up with for me, you won't last half an hour in uncharted territory."
"And my most sincere apology to you, honored pilot." Another bow later, the tone of Sianni's voice quickly changed to pure sarcasm. "Might this lowly twi'lek make an unworthy suggestion? Perhaps you should tattoo 'Mr. Hawke' onto your forehead so that everyone who has not yet heard of your greatness will recognize you."

Zurai

First Post
"I would have thought the uniform flight suit would have given that away..." Hawke says drily, "... but I forget not everyone has the benefit of being familiar with Republic military uniforms. My apologies, Miss ....?"

Douane

First Post
This one might actually be useful, Sianni noted happily before replying.

"None needed, Mr. Hawke. I am Sianni Amersu and I am indeed not really familiar with Republic Navy uniforms. Usually my contact with Navy pilots only extends to a tinny "You are in violation of Directive so-and-so ..." on a scratchy comm-line before I tell my pilots to "hit it".

So, are you a fighter-pilot and do you have any experience flying civilian transports?"

Zurai

First Post
"Hawke Reyals, scout, explorer, and pilot, at your service. I can pilot pretty much anything - fighters, transports, airspeeders, whatever - though I don't have any experience with capital ships. 'Course, I doubt that'll be much of an issue. My most recent experience is with a fighter squadron, but I've flown civilian-class ships before, yes. I can handle starship weaponry as well, though it's quite a trick to handle the weapons and pilot at the same time on civvy ships."

Douane

First Post
"Hawker'eyals. A good name, I like it," Sianni smiled, pronouncing the human name as if it were a proper Twi'lek one. "I am sure we'll see how good you are.

I myself won't do much good with those ship guns, unfortunately, but somebody else here should be able to help out with that."

Shayuri

First Post
"I'm coming because of my experience in sensing and countering the dark side of the Force," Kacela says mildly. "I'm afraid you'll all just have to watchdog yourselves."

Was there a trace of impishness in her eyes? A slightly joking tone? Couldn't be...

drothgery

First Post
Shayuri said:
"I'm coming because of my experience in sensing and countering the dark side of the Force," Kacela says mildly. "I'm afraid you'll all just have to watchdog yourselves."

Was there a trace of impishness in her eyes? A slightly joking tone? Couldn't be...

"That, and because I'm too old to be doing the legwork myself." Keda said, with an expression that very nearly matched the much younger woman's.

Zurai said:
"Over-eagerness aside, I too would like to know when and where we're going."

"Nerem 5." The Admiral said. "Ijatsi Systems had a research station there until the last attack. Smaller scale, but pretty clearly the same people."

[sblock=Hawke]
Ijatsi Systems builds the Republic Navy's current space superiority fighter, which you're quite familiar with for obvious reasons.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"I'm called Theta. Contrary to some peoples beliefs, I'm here for my knowledge of all things Mandalorian: tactics, language, and behavior. Could come in handy if we manage to capture one of their troops alive for interrogation or if the opportunity arises to impersonate one and infiltrate their group. Well, all that and my skill at killing anything that needs killing." he finishes speaking while making a point NOT to look in the Twi'lek's direction during the last part of his intro speech. "So, any correlation between the two targets that were hit? Did they just destroy areas and if so, what? Or did they blast their way in to make off with something or someone? Anything found missing from either site that could give us a clue what they're after?"

Last edited:

Zurai

First Post
Hawke sits up straighter in his chair. "An Ijatsi research station!? Did they steal any data or just demolish the place? I'd rather not be facing any next-gen fighters in a civvy rustbucket..."

drothgery

First Post
Zurai said:
Hawke sits up straighter in his chair. "An Ijatsi research station!? Did they steal any data or just demolish the place? I'd rather not be facing any next-gen fighters in a civvy rustbucket..."

"As to the first, that's what you're going to have to find out. A regular courier run showed up not knowing what had happened. She made all the scans she could, then headed for the nearest fleet station at maximum speed, but she was a courier, not an investigator. As to the second... I think you'll like what we've found for you. Civvy, well, that's the nature of covert ops. But it's not exactly a rustbucket." He said.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases