The Second K'ril Incursion (SW Saga, KotOR era) [IC]

Shayuri

First Post
Like Hawke, Kacela isn't too concerned over which cabin she gets. She takes the first empty one she passes, then tours the ship to familiarize herself with its layout. Knowing that tramp freighters often have concealed compartments, she spends extra time in the cargo hold and other spacious areas, studying the walls, floors and ceilings to see if there are any such things aboard this ship.

(Unless of course, the presence of such compartments was in our briefing...in which case she just walks the floorplan to get familiar with it. :))

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Ithorian was burdened by an abundance of gear---laser spanners, diagnotic tools, even a mundane wrench. But his largest load was a metal packing container the size of a human that he rolled into his room. He flinched when asked about it, responding only with "Equipment" before shuffling into the empty space, closing, and locking the door.

Douane

First Post
After having finished dealing with the Jedi, Sianni made her way to the starship. The Captain's cabin - her cabin - was easy enough to find, especially after a little, close-to-tears Twi'lek girl had asked one of the ensigns standing guard outside of the docking station for the way because she had been lost.

As the door hissed open, Sianni quickly took in the sight before her eyes. For just a tiny moment a strange light shone in her eyes before she started to smile triumphantly.

"Ha! I knew it!"

Striding over to the bed, she dropped her bag thoughtlessly into a corner of the room and cleared the bed of the gear lying there with a quick swipe of her arm before flopping down on it. "That stuff'll just get into the way."

Gazing over to Theta, Sianni extended one lek into a universal "Come on!" gesture.

"Well, I really hope you reading up on Twi'lek biology so that we can both get something out of this."

[sblock=Keda Starwind]
drothgery said:
Master Starwind pulls Sianni aside as the Ensign leads the others to a starship that seems to pretty sleekly built -- and well armed -- for a civilian transport, at least at first glance.

"You wished to speak to me?" The Jedi Master says.

"No, I wanted to. Especially as there is something we need to talk about.

You mentioned that the info on the K'ril the Jedi Order'll give us should be kept secret. I've got no problem with that, but it falls a bit outside of the contract the Republic offered me ... and pays me for. Therefore I'd like to suggest an additional deal: You do me a small favour and the Galaxy will never hear a peep of your little secrets."

Sianni replied brashly as she hid her lekku behind her back to cover her nervousness.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=Keda and Sianni]
Douane said:
"No, I wanted to. Especially as there is something we need to talk about.

You mentioned that the info on the K'ril the Jedi Order'll give us should be kept secret. I've got no problem with that, but it falls a bit outside of the contract the Republic offered me ... and pays me for. Therefore I'd like to suggest an additional deal: You do me a small favour and the Galaxy will never hear a peep of your little secrets."

Sianni replied brashly as she hid her lekku behind her back to cover her nervousness.

"If you want the aid of me in something, you need only ask. If you attempt to blackmail me or the Order... that will not turn out well for you. Right now, you know little of the K'ril beyond what is common knowledge. And while you came highly recommended by some, if the Admiral or the Senator or I determined your services were unnecessary, we could still send you on your way." Keda said.
[/sblock]

Douane

First Post
[sblock=Keda and Sianni]
drothgery said:
"If you want the aid of me in something, you need only ask. If you attempt to blackmail me or the Order... that will not turn out well for you. Right now, you know little of the K'ril beyond what is common knowledge. And while you came highly recommended by some, if the Admiral or the Senator or I determined your services were unnecessary, we could still send you on your way." Keda said.

Hrmph, as if I would fall for that!

"I never spoke of blackmail and I meant it that way. Still, interesting to note that it's the first thing you thought of.

But the fact is that whoever drew up my contract made a serious gaffe. Instead of specifying "all top secret information as pertaining to this mission" he only put "all Republic info" in there. Thus I am not contractually obligated to keep your secrets. Still, I am willing to rectify that situation by offering you an additional contract. And that has nothing to do with blackmail,"
Sianni answered, letting some of her righteous anger creep into her voice. "I am Sianni Amersu and I've never broken a contract. Never. And I live by my reputation for this. Sure, I haven't always succeeded but it's outside of the contracts.

I am not asking for gifts because there is nothing free in this galaxy. If I want something, I'll trade or barter for it, but I do not resort to blackmail."

OoC: Sianni acquired the holocron when it was offered to her late owner for sale. This sellout of one of the very few proud points in Twi'lek history was the straw to break the camel's back: She drowned her owner and framed the potential seller for the deed.[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
When Hawke made his way to the bridge, he saw the plaque on the wall that identified the ship. The Korlen Phet, it said. Republic merchant registry. Except that calling this ship a 'civillian transport' was something of a joke, when he pulled up the specs. Covert ops insertion vessel, more like. It mounted the same laser clusters that his starfighter had, and carried the same torpedoes. Had better hull armor, and better shields. And most of the cargo space that a freighter of the class the ship was designed to look like from the outside had was gone to make room for it.

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=Keda and Sianni]
Douane said:
"But the fact is that whoever drew up my contract made a serious gaffe. Instead of specifying "all top secret information as pertaining to this mission" he only put "all Republic info" in there. Thus I am not contractually obligated to keep your secrets. Still, I am willing to rectify that situation by offering you an additional contract. And that has nothing to do with blackmail," Sianni answered, letting some of her righteous anger creep into her voice. "I am Sianni Amersu and I've never broken a contract. Never. And I live by my reputation for this. Sure, I haven't always succeeded but it's outside of the contracts.

I am not asking for gifts because there is nothing free in this galaxy. If I want something, I'll trade or barter for it, but I do not resort to blackmail."

Keda sighed.

"I am quite sure you know in your line of work that it is far more important to keep the spirit of your contract than the letter. You've worked for more than a few who would react to legalistic nitpicking with far less patience than I would. A Hutt's idea of a breach of contract lawsuit tends to involve a few Gammorans in a dark alley. Or so I understand. A Jedi Knight, of course, would be completely unfamiliar with such circles herself.

"But I believe you will not speak of what you learn of the K'ril because once you know enough that I would be worried, you will realize the wisdom of keeping silent. No one would want their secrets except to build an empire. An empire where the Dark Side was fully embraced."

[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tomalor spends his time in his chamber apparently by himself. Occasionally, banging, drilling, and similar sounds can be heard. Entreaties are ignored. Several hours later, after the ship is well on its way, the noises finally stop. It is only then that the Ithorian leaves his room, locking it solidly behind him.

It was time for lunch.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Douane said:
After having finished dealing with the Jedi, Sianni made her way to the starship. The Captain's cabin - her cabin - was easy enough to find, especially after a little, close-to-tears Twi'lek girl had asked one of the ensigns standing guard outside of the docking station for the way because she had been lost.

As the door hissed open, Sianni quickly took in the sight before her eyes. For just a tiny moment a strange light shone in her eyes before she started to smile triumphantly.

"Ha! I knew it!"

Striding over to the bed, she dropped her bag thoughtlessly into a corner of the room and cleared the bed of the gear lying there with a quick swipe of her arm before flopping down on it. "That stuff'll just get into the way."

Gazing over to Theta, Sianni extended one lek into a universal "Come on!" gesture.

"Well, I really hope you reading up on Twi'lek biology so that we can both get something out of this."
Theta cocks his head to one side as Sianni invites him over to the bed. This is gonna be harder than I thought. he thinks to himself. Shaking his head back and forth, he chuckles a bit before begining. "You've got the wrong idea, Sianni. In fact you've got several wrong ideas. That's why I decided we should talk. Based on what was said back there during the briefing, you seem to be under the impression that you're the leader of this little group. I don't know if you normally work alone, or if you're always the boss in your previous jobs, but this run is gonna be different. You see, we're a team here and you're part of the team, not the leader. And I'm not saying that because I think I'm the leader. I don't want the job, just like I don't want this cabin and I don't want you. Nothing personal, but I'm married already." Theta continues trying to get his point across.

"To be a good team, you've got to be able to count on and trust the people you're working with. And to tell the truth, people like you are usually more worried about trying to BE the leader than they are in LEADING. That can end up in disaster. So all I'm asking is that you tone it down some and work with the rest of us, not work on being the leader of us." Theta finishes as he kneels down to pick up his dumped gear.

Douane

First Post
[sblock=Keda and Sianni]
drothgery said:
Keda sighed.

"I am quite sure you know in your line of work that it is far more important to keep the spirit of your contract than the letter. You've worked for more than a few who would react to legalistic nitpicking with far less patience than I would. A Hutt's idea of a breach of contract lawsuit tends to involve a few Gammorans in a dark alley. Or so I understand. A Jedi Knight, of course, would be completely unfamiliar with such circles herself.

"But I believe you will not speak of what you learn of the K'ril because once you know enough that I would be worried, you will realize the wisdom of keeping silent. No one would want their secrets except to build an empire. An empire where the Dark Side was fully embraced."

Sianni's lekku began to twitch in desperation as she realized that the old jedi was a much tougher customer than she had previously given her credit for. And while revealing what she would be asking for might seem prudent to some, Sianni knew better, of course. Mentioning the holocron would only lead to the Jedi taking it from her, just like that.

"Funny thing, that. In fact, I'd still prefer working for a Hutt. Strange tastes aside, they are still business-m..., well, -slugs at heart. And thus they are predictable. Plus, they are a lot less likely to stab you with a lightsaber once one's back is turned, claiming the "Dark Side" made 'em do it.

Look, I am trying to cut a deal here. If you are not interested, fine. Perhaps these K'ril are more amenable. .... And before you rag on me, I will be fulfilling my part of the contract to the best of my ability. I always did and even working for the Jedi won't change that."
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases