The Second K'ril Incursion (SW Saga, KotOR era) [IC]

Douane

First Post
drothgery said:
"Dear, I thought you said Admiral Aran was competent." Devan said.

"Extremely, the last time I checked." Martina replied.

"So how do you explain her, then?"

"Hitchhiker?"
drothgery said:
" [...] Is it too much to think we care enough about our friends and our business to send one of the family to investigate what happened here?"

Ugh, comedians!

"Yes. Totally. Utterly. If you think I'd buy that drivel, better forget it. But it seems to be your lucky day because the Jedi is buying your story," Sianni answers while jerking a lek in Kacela's direction. "Well, I ain't. But dumb Twi'lek must be silent now because owner has spoken."

Falling silent, she walks a few a steps down the hallway before suddenly pointing a lek in Devan Ijatsi's general direction without ever looking back.

"Still, Mr. Technology Officer won't set his feet any further into this facility unless I say so. The rest of you can clear the station but he stays here. Conscious or unconscious, that's his choice."

drothgery

First Post
"Now, unless I am misinformed, you are not in command of this little expedition. Your companions have agreed to let us accompany you." Ijatsi said, and walked on, letting most of the others take the lead. But somehow Martina always managed to stay between Sianni and Devan.

If Martina and Devan were here for anything other than their stated purpose, they were very good actors. The anguish they had shown when they had found the first room full of dead technicians, the obvious higher level of alert Martina had shifted to when she saw the blaster scoring on the walls inside, Ijatsi's crisp, technical reports on files broken into.

Still, no one had expected what they found in the hangar bay Ijatsi had said was used for storing experimental craft.

A dozen odd war droids were inside, that began to move as the bay door opened. And Kacela knew right then this was where her low-level sense of something dark had come from.

drothgery

First Post
Code:
    A   R   T    H

S   M   D    K
----------!-----         -----!-----------------
          ! *    1     2   * *!
          !                   !
          !  3             4  !
          !      *        ****!
          !  6   *         5  !
          !      *    *       !
          !  7             8  !
          ! **      *        *!
          !  9   X *** Y   Z  !
           -------------------

A - Tomalor's droid
R - Tomalor
T - Theta
H - Hawk
S - Sianni 
M - Martina
D - Devan
K - Kacela

1-9, X, Y, Z War Droids
*  Cover (equipment)
!,- walls

Zurai

First Post
"I knew this was too easy... mutters Hawke as he dives for cover, blaster instantly in hand. He pops out from behind cover only long enough to fire off a couple shots at the nearest K'ril droid, but his aim is off and the shots splatter harmlessly off the bulkhead.

[sblock=OOC rolls]Initiative (1d20+13=25)
Move action to get behind cover - a wall, if nothing else.
Swift action to draw his blaster pistol (Quick Draw feat).
Standard action to Rapid Fire at the nearest K'ril war droid: Attack and damage rolls (Rapid Shot) (1d20 6=9, 4d6 4=18)[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur!" Theta calls out as he moves forward and brings his blaster rifle to bear on the room full of droids. [sblock=Mando'a translation]"Today is a good day for some other bugger to die!"[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC] Theta's initiative (1d20+13=17)
Theta will move past Hawke's position so that he is just outside the doorway and directly 'north' of war droid #2. If this is a surprise round, that's all he can do. If this is the first regular round, then he will also take a shot at droid #2 with his blaster rifle. Atk (w/point blank shot bonus +1) and damage for blaster rifle shot at droid #2 (1d20+15=32, 3d8+4=10) (Enemy damage threshold is lowered by 5)[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Exclaiming "eep!" and pulling behind his droid, Tomalor begins fiddling with his blaster, doing something to the settings. The robot seamlessly steps forward, pulling forth its blaster. With a sinister sounding, "Exclamation: I am quite eager to participate in some unadulterated violence!", it levels its rifle at the nearest droid.

OOC: Tomalor will take a 5' step back and to the side and start some Personalized Modifications on his blaster. Aitch will draw, take a 5' step to Tomalor's old position, and blast 2 with a Rapid Shot.

Douane

First Post
Previously ...

Sianni stared incredulously at the corporate magnate with her mouth open but no sound coming out - a rather rare occurence as her current companions can attest to. Having the human idiot dismiss her reputation so casually just caught her totally off-guard. For a moment the old instincts took over and Sianni's hands dropped to her blasters till it occured to her that working for Republic had now forced her into a no-win situation. Gunning those two down would almost certainly lead to the squeamish Jedi voiding her contract while letting them live might invite unpredictable risks for her reputation. And her esteemed companions stood around like a herd of niz'aras, waiting wide-eyed for the butcher ... apparently this Ijatsi had real deep pockets if he could even buy the Jedi. Well, he probably got a bargain deal on the Navy, anyway.

Reluctantly Sianni lifted her hands again after deciding to go with the lesser evil in this case. At least for the moment ...

OoC: Initiative (1d20+13=23)

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Initiative...

Martina 29
Kacela 28
Hawke 25
Sianni 23
Theta 17
Tomalor 14
Aitch Cay 13
Devan 13
Droids 11

As Kacela shouts out her warning, Martina is springing into action, moving to where she can see inside the hanger bay and losing a plasma bolt from her rifle at droid #2. Its shields flicker in shades of black, and sparks fly, but the droid only seems to have taken minor damage from her shot.

Kacela steps out in front of the group, her lightsaber springing out in a bright green line.

"These machines are K'ril," she says grimly. "They will be more powerful than normal for droids of this size."

"I knew this was too easy... mutters Hawke as he dives for cover, blaster instantly in hand. He pops out from behind cover only long enough to fire off a couple shots at the nearest K'ril droid, but his aim is off and the shots splatter harmlessly off the bulkhead.

OOC: Sianni, Hawke's now occupying the square you wanted to move to (it was the only cover he could reach in a single move). Kacela, I'm assuming you had to draw your lightsaber.

Code:
    A   R   T              
             M             

S       D  H K                
----------!-----         -----!-----------------
          ! *    1     2   * *!
          !                   !
          !  3             4  !
          !      *        ****!
          !  6   *         5  !
          !      *    *       !
          !  7             8  !