The Second K'ril Incursion (SW Saga, KotOR era) [IC]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Ithorian did not respond to the droid's comments, but the pain of the attack caused him to act reflexively. As his left hand clenched into a fist, the nearest droid seemed to strain against something unseen.

The red droid, however, does seem to take offense. "Threat: This model is quite capable of melting you into slag!" Stomping forward, two more blasts of its rifle fired!

OOC: Tomalor will use force grip on Droid #1. Target says 6 squares or LoS, so I'm not sure if our boy will have to move first; if so, he'll go to L2. Use the Force check. (1d20+18=19). Aitch will move to M3, PB Rapid Shot @ #5: Hits Defense 17, 13 dmg

Shayuri

First Post
Still holding her lightsaber at the ready, Kacela holds her free hand over a small tube shaped container on her belt. A slim, black obling sphere pops out as if on its own volition and rises into her hand. The Jedi presses a smalls switch on the device as she raises it over her head...it makes a green light turn on, and the object emits a high pitched beep.

Then she throws it at a spot just between the damaged war droids. When it hits the ground, the grenade explodes into a bright flare of induction sparks, and St Elmo's Fire burns harmlessly along the metal superstructure of the station's floor, walls and ceiling. A blue-white pulse of electromagnetic energy surges out from it in a wave, engulfing the nearby droids before fading away.

(Throwing Ion Grenade at the grid intersection of the lines between 8 and 9, and between K and L...a 2 square explosion from there should affect 7, 6 and 9 I believe, while leaving Kacela out. Attack roll: 32!! That's a natural 20! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1475714/ )

Phoenix8008

First Post
Theta Fett- M Hum Soldier 7/Elite Trooper1 (Ref Def 29, HP 80/100, Power Pack 47/50)

Theta tenses slightly as he notices Sianni pointing her weapon at him before shifting her aim to fire at another droid. Seeing his previous target downed by the battle droid on their side, Theta pivots slightly on the balls of his feet to bring his rifle around to aim at the one who came forward and made the tactical analysis. Taking in a breath, he lets it halfway out before holding it and slowly squeezing the trigger while sighted in right at the chest plate.
"You need a new threat designation level: Terminal." Theta says quietly and without emotion.

[sblock=OOC]Aimed Point Blank Shot at droid #1 (1d20+16=22, 4d8+5=25)
Note: Enemy Threshold -5.
Thanks for the note about PBS, I didn't realize all the ranges were in squares instead of feet like in D&D. Helps to know I can shoot up anything in this room with impunity. :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Initiative...

Martina 29
Kacela 28
Hawke 25
Sianni 23
Theta 17
Tomalor 14
Aitch Cay 13
Devan 13
Droids 11

Round 3, cont'd

Still holding her lightsaber at the ready, Kacela holds her free hand over a small tube shaped container on her belt. A slim, black obling sphere pops out as if on its own volition and rises into her hand. The Jedi presses a smalls switch on the device as she raises it over her head...it makes a green light turn on, and the object emits a high pitched beep.

Then she throws it at a spot just between the damaged war droids. When it hits the ground, the grenade explodes into a bright flare of induction sparks, and St Elmo's Fire burns harmlessly along the metal superstructure of the station's floor, walls and ceiling. A blue-white pulse of electromagnetic energy surges out from it in a wave, engulfing the nearby droids before fading away.

#6's shields blink out of existence as the droid struggles to stay on its feet, while the shields on #7 and #9 are visibly weakened.

[sblock=ooc]
(Throwing Ion Grenade at the grid intersection of the lines between 8 and 9, and between K and L...a 2 square explosion from there should affect 7, 6 and 9 I believe, while leaving Kacela out. Attack roll: 32!! That's a natural 20! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1475714/ )[/sblock]

Shifting his aim, Hawke follows Martina's lead and concentrates fire on her target. Another careful shot from his blaster sears one of the remaining war droids. "Threat level moderate, my ass!"

And with that Hawke blows away the last of #3's shields, and just barely fails to destroy the droid entirely.

[sblock=OOC]Firing at 3 if it's still active, 6 if it's not, and 7 or 9 if 6 is also inactive. He'll move if needed to take a shot, though I think his LOS is clear to 3.
Attack and damage rolls (1d20+9=24, 3d6+5=15) Rolls include Point Blank Shot - I had thought it was the same as D&D, so I hadn't been applying it. Whoops.[/sblock]

"You should have 'known better'?" Sianni asks, turning to Devan. "We gotta talk about about ... YEOUCH!!! You bastard, that's real bantha leather," she screams as one of the energy darts pierces her vest (and shoulder). Swiveling to adjust her aim in order to pay the droid back for ruining her outfit, Sianni finds in her sights ... Theta. Great! Have they rehearsed stepping into my line of fire or what?

With a sigh she lets loose at the only other droid she can target without firing through the Mandalorian.

Two of her shots hit the previously undamaged droid, moderately damaging the droid itself and leaving its shields flickering in and out.

[Sblock=OoC]3 shots at droid #5 (1d20+9=26, 1d20+9=16, 1d20+9=24); Damage (3d8+5=20, 3d8+5=20, 3d8+5=16)
Just as any FYI - the droid thinks it knows Devan's capabilities; it's just placing Hawke in the range of a random Republic naval officer.
[/sblock]

Theta tenses slightly as he notices Sianni pointing her weapon at him before shifting her aim to fire at another droid. Seeing his previous target downed by the battle droid on their side, Theta pivots slightly on the balls of his feet to bring his rifle around to aim at the one who came forward and made the tactical analysis. Taking in a breath, he lets it halfway out before holding it and slowly squeezing the trigger while sighted in right at the chest plate.
"You need a new threat designation level: Terminal." Theta says quietly and without emotion.

#1's shields absorb most of the powerful shot, but it still leaves the droid moderately damaged, its shields weakened, and looking like its not quite reacting as quickly as it was before.

[sblock=OOC]Aimed Point Blank Shot at droid #1 (1d20+16=22, 4d8+5=25)
Note: Enemy Threshold -5.
Thanks for the note about PBS, I didn't realize all the ranges were in squares instead of feet like in D&D. Helps to know I can shoot up anything in this room with impunity. :D[/sblock]

The Ithorian did not respond to the droid's comments, but the pain of the attack caused him to act reflexively. He moved behind Theta, and as his left hand clenched into a fist, the nearest droid seemed to strain against something unseen.

The red droid, however, does seem to take offense. "Threat: This model is quite capable of melting you into slag!" Stomping forward, two more blasts of its rifle fired! Unfortunately, the droid missed; for all the damage #5 had taken from Sianni, it didn't seem like he'd been slowed down any.

[sblock=OOC]Tomalor will use force grip on Droid #1. Target says 6 squares or LoS, so I'm not sure if our boy will have to move first; if so, he'll go to L2. Use the Force check. (1d20+18=19). Aitch will move to M3, PB Rapid Shot @ #5: Hits Defense 17, 13 dmg

Tomalor's immobilized #1, but didn't do enough damage to get through its shields.
[/sblock]

"Nothing sinister. Just going by observed performance, given the known energy outputs of my pistol relative to Martina's rifle and the more standard-issue weaponry you and your friends appear to be carrying." Devan says in response to Sianni's comment. "However, now that my wife and the Jedi have done something about that shield problem..." A spurt of plasma fires from his pistol, and droid #6 collapses to the ground.

OOC: And I'll get the bad guys actions and new map later; I've got to get to work eventually :).

[D]a[/D]

Droid #1 is moderately damaged and has suffered some damage to its shields
Droid #2, #4, and #6 are destroyed
Droid #3 is barely functioning and has no shields
Droid #5 is severy damaged and has suffered severe damage to its shields
Droids 7 and 9 have suffered moderate damage and have suffered severe damage to their shields

Martina 78/89
Sianni 74/85
Tomalor 40/51
Kacela 64/69
Theta 80/100

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Initiative...

Martina 29
*Kacela 28
Hawke 25
Sianni 23
Theta 17
Tomalor 14
Aitch Cay 13
Devan 13
Droids 11

Round 3, concluded

Droid #1 struggles to move but finds itself unable to. With droid #1 immobilized, #5 becomes the talkative one.
"Aditional targets identified.
Target #7, probable identification: Twi'lek mercenary. Observed threat level: high.
Target #8, probable identifcation: Ithorian Force user. Threat level: moderate, low degree of confidence.
Target reclassification.
Target #4, probable identifcation: unknown veteran Republic Naval Officer. Threat level: high."

It, and #8, try to set up Martina for Z again, and this time they succeed, pelting that high-grade armor of her with blaster bolts. She was sweating, but it didn't look she was slowing down any.

#3 tried to fill the area where Hawke and Sianni were standing with autofire, but, perhaps because of all the damage it had taken, managed to aim too high to hit anyone under 2.5 meters tall.

Droid Y moved forward and sprayed autofire at Theta and Tomalor, slightly more accurately. It targetted the right area, but most of its fire was deflected harmlessly by some force surrounding Tomalor or by the Mandalorian's armor, and neither took much damage.

Droids 7, 9, and Z tried the same tactic on Kacela that their compatroits had on Martina, but with rather less success; the Jedi didn't need to pull any spectacular feats of deflecting blaster bolts with a lightsaber to avoid being hit.

Round 4

Martina ran back between her husband and the Ithorian before unleashing another blast of autofire, this time at #7 and #9, and it left the droids barely standing, slowly moving, and with no shields intact.

attachment.php

A - Tomalor's droid
R - Tomalor
T - Theta
H - Hawk
S - Sianni
M - Martina
D - Devan
K - Kacela

1-9, X, Y, Z War Droids
* Cover (equipment)

Droid #2, #4, and #6 are destroyed
Droid #1 is moderately damaged and has suffered some damage to its shields; it is also immobilized
Droid #3 is barely functioning and has no shields
Droid #5 is severy damaged and has suffered severe damage to its shields
Droids 7 and 9 have severe damage and have no shields

Martina 56/89
Sianni 74/85
Tomalor 35/51
Kacela 64/69
Theta 75/100

Attachments

• ijatsiBase1rnd4-1.jpg
    ijatsiBase1rnd4-1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Kacela races into the cavernous room, lightsaber held back and up, tilted at an angle. As she gets to the nearest wardroid, she slashes it in a low, angled arc that bisects the mechanical menace's midsection...nearly dropping to her knees in the graceful motion. On the followthrough, she spins back up to her feet into a guard position, sweeping the 'saber around and back up.

(attacking droid 7. Roll: 27 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1476847/ , for 17 damage http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1476848/ )

Phoenix8008

First Post
Seeing most of the nearer targets being taken down or dealt with by others, Theta shifts his aim to the droids advancing in the middle of the room. He considers shooting a grenade into their midst but decides they're a bit to spread out to make it worthwhile using up one of his 3 grenades. With a flick of his thumb, he switches his rifle over to autofire mode and lets loose at the two droids in the center of the room.

"Quit bunching up and making us a target for their area attacks!" Theta advises the others before moving himself to get a better tactical view of the whole room.

[sblock=OOC]Swuft Action: change weapon mode
Standard Action: Autofire at #8 and Y w/ PBS. (1d20+10=26, 3d8+5=11)
Move Action: Then move to square M2 then over two more squares to O2(4 squares of movement)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tomalor continues his concentration on the droid, hoping to keep in still if nothing else. His droid keeps on shooting after stepping out of the way.

OOC: Continue to concentrate on force grip. Aicht will move N1 and tag 3 with a Rapid Shot if its still up, Y/8 with autofire otherwise.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases