The Second K'ril Incursion (SW Saga, KotOR era) [IC]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Uncrossing his arms from in front of his chest, Theta checks his chrono before saying, "Droids are still just machines, regardless of their power source. They aren't the brains behind the machines, and they aren't gonna do more than support the Mando muscle that is fighting with them. Unless the droids are smart enough to learn the fighting ways of the Mando's they're working with, I wouldn't be too concerned. I mean, what's the big deal if they use 'Dark Side' energy for power. Unless they suck the life force out of you to replenish their energy, I don't get how they're so much worse than regular battle droids." Theta says in his strange echoing voice before sitting back and cracking his knuckles and listening to the others.

drothgery

First Post
"They're not worse for what they can do, though their droids tend to be more dangerous than something their size should be. And awfully resistant to reprogramming." The Jedi said. "Of much greater concern is what making such things does to those who make them. And someone who is highly intelligent, capable of weilding the Force with a high degree of skill, and completely in the grip of the Dark Side is about the most dangerous enemy you can possibly imagine."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The so far quiet Ithoran looks a bit askance as the droids and dark force are mentioned several times. He looks a bit frightful at times. In his deep voice, he adds, Tomalor see people like this. They... speak to machines. Bend them to their will. Turn them dark. They are the master of the machine. Sing its song. Such is a danger when the song is tainted.

Shayuri

First Post
Standing silent through all this was the youngish looking woman in the plain tunic and breeches of a Jedi Knight...and if that wasn't enough, there was the lightsaber at her side to give her away. She had spent the conversation so far watching the others speak, listening to them. She didn't bat a lash at Sianni's baiting of the elder Jedi.

Now though, she spoke in a slightly quiet voice that required listeners to be quiet themselves to hear, and while her tone was unhurried and calm, it was also inexorable in that she gave the impression that she wasn't going to repeat herself

"Master Starwind is correct, of course," Kacela said. "Though you would expect me to agree with her, of course."

She looked up, the cherubic roundness of her face belied by her intense expression. "I have dedicated myself to standing against the Dark Side and those who would use it against us...and by 'us,' I mean the Republic and life in general. This is what you must understand."

Kacela lifts a hand and opens it, palm up. "The Force is life. Life creates and sustains it, and is sustained and nurtured by it. It is a great cycle of being, and all life participates."

She then lifts her other hand, but keeps it clenched in a fist. "The Dark Side is not death, because death is part of life. It is anti-life. Entropy. Decay. Destruction. Dissolution. It is the relentless pull of the Void; the abyss that looks into each of us."

"The battle droids are toys to true Dark Side adepts. They are mere puppets, instruments of slaughter. They're not the real threat."

Douane

First Post
Sianni strained hard to suppress a yawn when the "tin-can" started again. Ooh, nice tough-guy act! Should I be scared? And what's the deal with this 'Mando' stuff? Too good to use the full name?

"Well, the point is that using 'Mando muscle' never worked out for anyone, not even for themselves. So perhaps these guys try something different now, thinking they have a chance at pure sabacc.

But I want to know more,"
she insisted, pointing one of her lekku at the elder Jedi. "You said something about a planet forge ... or star forge, or whatever. I'll take it these droids are not built in your average homeshop. So they are bound to have one of these ... thingies somewhere, right?

And before I forget it, the Jedi Order are notorious information-hoarders. I want everything you have on these droids from the last time around."

drothgery

First Post
Douane said:
"You said something about a planet forge ... or star forge, or whatever. I'll take it these droids are not built in your average homeshop. So they are bound to have one of these ... thingies somewhere, right?

"They would not. It would make things easier for them; building large numbers of their twisted machinery would take large numbers of Dark Side adepts without something like the Star Forge. And I am not sure if they could manage starfighters, let alone capital ships, without one. We never saw evidence of that before, but I can't rule it out."

Douane said:
And before I forget it, the Jedi Order are notorious information-hoarders. I want everything you have on these droids from the last time around."

"It was at my request that this investigation was not confined solely within the Jedi Order. I suspect if my one-time Padawan and I had not been so deeply involved the last time, my voice likely would not have carried the day." Keda said. "I have no intention of crippling it; you will have what you need to know. You will not have everything I know, because much of that is personal or of no consequence. And you will be expected to keep much of this secret for reasons you should well understand. The fewer that know just what the K'ril did to become a threat, the less likely it is that someone will try and follow in their footsteps."

Douane

First Post
Content with her 'win', Sianni conceded mangnanimously:

"Just to avoid any possible misunderstandings, I am not interested in Jedi secrets or the like. I simply aim to squash potential later 'I could have told you so.' foul-ups right here and now.

And therefore I have to ask again: The droids are force-powered - are their weapon systems as well?

Despite of what some of those Holovids try to sell us, I know your lightsabers are not, ever since my father build me one as a toy when I was younger. So have these K'ril developed something the Jedi can't do?"

Her lekku gestured to include both the Jedi and the Ithorian.

Shayuri

First Post
"Won't do, more likely," Kacela replies calmly. "There are many disciplines of the Dark Side that are inherently corrupt, and corrupting."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Douane said:
Content with her 'win', Sianni conceded magnanimously:
And therefore I have to ask again: The droids are force-powered - are their weapon systems as well?

Her lekku gestured to include both the Jedi and the Ithorian.
The quiet Ilthorian flinched at the mention of 'dark corruption' from the other, but answered Sianni's question. Don't think so. Not that I have seen.

Douane

First Post
Again! Sianni nearly tied her lekku into a knot in silent frustration. This might well be the most aggravating Jedi she had ever come across ... except for that other human, of course. Who had ever heard of such a thing as a combination preacher/propagandist jedi? And even better, her being on this side of the room probably meant that she'd be the assigned watchdog for this!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases