The Second K'ril Incursion (SW Saga, KotOR era) [IC]

Zurai

First Post
After the first few seconds of the ambush, Hawke's nerves steady and he lines up his shot carefully. At just the right moment, he squeezes the trigger of his blaster, and his target reels at the effect of the precise shot. "Ha! Eat it, tin can!"[sblock=OOC]Staying put. Hawke will fire at #2 if it's still active after Kacela's Force Slam, or #4 otherwise.
Attack and damage rolls (1d20+8=28, 3d6+4=9)
That's a crit; unfortunately, I rolled pitifully for damage. I know in D&D, you roll the dice twice on a crit instead of just doubling the outcome of the damage roll, but I don't see anything about that in the Saga Edition rules. If more dice need rolling, you can do that yourself or tell me and I'll roll. Either way, the droid's gonna feel it![/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Initiative...

Martina 29
Kacela 28
Hawke 25
*Sianni 23
Theta 17
Tomalor 14
Aitch Cay 13
Devan 13
Droids 11

Round 2, cont'd

At the first lull in the droid's firing, Kacela runs directly into the room, southward along the impromptu line that the warbots have established. She whirls in a cartwheel that blazes with the green fire of her lightsaber, and thrusts her free hand outwards towards the war droids as she lands.

An invisible pulse of power radiates out, striking the droids like the blast wave of an intense explosion...hurling them away and knocking them over! Droids #3,#6,#7, and #9 show damage, but their shields flicker back into being.

After the first few seconds of the ambush, Hawke's nerves steady and he lines up his shot carefully. At just the right moment, he squeezes the trigger of his blaster, and his target reels at the effect of the precise shot. "Ha! Eat it, tin can!"

OOC: Sianni's up. FYI - I don't normally resolve things one person at a time, it's just we had some conflicting actions last round.

attachment.php

A - Tomalor's droid
R - Tomalor
T - Theta
H - Hawk
S - Sianni
M - Martina
D - Devan
K - Kacela

1-9, X, Y, Z War Droids
* Cover (equipment)

Droid #2 is barely functioning and has no shields
Droid #4 has suffered some damage to its shields
Droids 3,6,7, and 8 have suffered moderate damage and have suffered some damage to their shields; they have also been knocked prone

Kacela 64/69
Theta 80/100

Attachments

• ijatsiBase1rnd2-1.jpg
    ijatsiBase1rnd2-1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Douane

First Post
"Yes!" Sianni quickly puts her allies' abysmal shooting out of her mind when two of the droids stepped straight into her sights. The reports of her blasters echo through the corridor as she begins to fill the air with cyan bolts, concentrating her left hand fire on the severly damaged machine while her right tracks the other war droid.

OoC: Left Hand (aimed at droid #2) To hit: 1d20+9=28 Damage left hand shot (3d8+5=20)
Right Hand (aimed at droid #4) Right Hand to hit (1d20+9=11, 1d20+9=23);Right Hand damage (3d8+5=20, 3d8+5=16)
[Point Blank Shot feat appplied to all rolls]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Initiative...

Martina 29
Kacela 28
Hawke 25
Sianni 23
*Theta 17
Tomalor 14
Aitch Cay 13
Devan 13
Droids 11

Round 2, cont'd

"Yes!" Sianni quickly puts her allies' abysmal shooting out of her mind when two of the droids stepped straight into her sights. The reports of her blasters echo through the corridor as she begins to fill the air with cyan bolts, concentrating her left hand fire on the severly damaged machine while her right tracks the other war droid.

Droid #2 exploded into a heap of circuitry, while Sianni's first shot at #4 went wide. The second connected, forcing down the droids shields for an instant to do some light damage.

[sblock=OoC]Left Hand (aimed at droid #2) To hit: 1d20+9=28 Damage left hand shot (3d8+5=20)
Right Hand (aimed at droid #4) Right Hand to hit (1d20+9=11, 1d20+9=23);Right Hand damage (3d8+5=20, 3d8+5=16)
[Point Blank Shot feat appplied to all rolls][/sblock]

[D]a[/D]

Droid #2 is destroyed
Droid #4 has suffered light damage, and moderate damage to its shields
Droids 3,6,7, and 8 have suffered moderate damage and have suffered some damage to their shields; they have also been knocked prone

Kacela 64/69
Theta 80/100

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
His modification's complete, Tomalor ducks behind Hawke. The droid strides forward menacingly, squeezing out two shots with its rifle at one of the nearby droid.

OOC: Tomalor moves to I4 (prolly a double move). Aitch moves to L1, which looks to have LoS to 4. Point Black Rapid Shot vs. 4 (+5, 4d6+1 dmg).

drothgery

First Post
Initiative...

Martina 29
*Kacela 28
Hawke 25
Sianni 23
Theta 17
Tomalor 14
Aitch Cay 13
Devan 13
Droids 11

Round 2, concluded

Theta raises his rifle and takes a moment to sight down it before firing at the droid that is most damaged near the doors (#4). Theta's shot blows through the last of its shields and leaves the droid badly damaged

[sblock=ooc]
Aimed Blaster Rifle shot at #4 (1d20 14=19, 4d8 4=20) +1 Atk/Dmg die from Aiming, -1 from range (35 ft)
DM note - Point blank shot does apply, so it's a 20 to hit and 21 on the damage rolls.
[/sblock]

His modification's complete, Tomalor ducks behind Hawke. The droid strides forward menacingly, squeezing out two shots with its rifle at one of the nearby droid. With a sinister sounding, "Exclamation: I am quite eager to participate in some unadulterated violence!", it fires. And droid #4 joins droid #2 as a pile on the ground.

Devan moves up next to Sianni to take a shot at #1, but his blast bounces harmlessly off the droid's shields, though it hits the droid square on. "I should have known better than that." He mutters. "Those shields are too good."

The four droids knocked down by Kacela's Force Slam get up. Droid #1 pivots around, looking at its attackers, and walking forward.
"Target #1, probable identification: Jedi Knight. Threat level: Extreme.
Target #2, probable identification: Mandalorian Mercenary. Threat level: high.
Target #3, 95% confident identifcation: Martina Ijatsi. Threat level: high.
Target #4, probable identifcation: unknown Republic Naval Officer. Threat level: moderate, low degree of confidence.
Target #5, probable identification: unknown assasin droid model. Threat level: moderate, low degree of confidence.
Target #6, 95% confident identification: Devan Ijatsi. Threat level: moderate.
Possible other threats, no line of sight."

And then it lets out a blast of autofire that encompases Hawke, Sianni, and Tomalor. They all manage to avoid some of the fire (OOC: It hit the square, but didn't beat anyone's ref defense). Hawke manages to completely evade the fire (OOC: He has evasion).

#5 and #8 take shots near Martina, apparently trying to set up a shot for Y, but the droid's shot went wide as well. Droid Z, seeing this failure, moved into position and targetted her area with a burst of autofire, which the Republic Commando shrugged off the damage to her obviously high-grade armor. Droid X tried the same tactic on Kacela, but quick lightsaber work Deflected its shots harmlessly.

Round 3

Martina stayed where she was, calmly shifting her aim to droids 3 and 6 and sweeping that area with autofire. Her shots blasted through their shields, and when they came back up, they didn't seem to have much strength.

attachment.php

A - Tomalor's droid
R - Tomalor
T - Theta
H - Hawk
S - Sianni
M - Martina
D - Devan
K - Kacela

1-9, X, Y, Z War Droids
* Cover (equipment)

Droid #2 is destroyed
Droid #4 is destroyed
Droids 3 and 6 have suffered severe damage and have suffered major damage to their shields
Droids 7 and 9 have suffered moderate damage and have suffered some damage to their shields

Martina 78/89
Sianni 74/85
Tomalor 40/51
Kacela 64/69
Theta 80/100

Attachments

• ijatsiBase1rnd3-1.jpg
    ijatsiBase1rnd3-1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 145

Zurai

First Post
Shifting his aim, Hawke follows Martina's lead and concentrates fire on her target. Another careful shot from his blaster sears one of the remaining war droids. "Threat level moderate, my ass!"
[sblock=OOC]Firing at 3 if it's still active, 6 if it's not, and 7 or 9 if 6 is also inactive. He'll move if needed to take a shot, though I think his LOS is clear to 3.
Attack and damage rolls (1d20+9=24, 3d6+5=15) Rolls include Point Blank Shot - I had thought it was the same as D&D, so I hadn't been applying it. Whoops.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
"You should have 'known better'?" Sianni asks, turning to Devan. "We gotta talk about about ... YEOUCH!!! You bastard, that's real bantha leather," she screams as one of the energy darts pierces her vest (and shoulder). Swiveling to adjust her aim in order to pay the droid back for ruining her outfit, Sianni finds in her sights ... Theta. Great! Have they rehearsed stepping into my line of fire or what?

With a sigh she lets loose at the only other droid she can target without firing through the Mandalorian.

For later teasing Sianni also mentally filed the fact away that the droid considered Hawke to be of the same threat level as Devan Ijatsi.

OoC: 3 shots at droid #5 (1d20+9=26, 1d20+9=16, 1d20+9=24); Damage (3d8+5=20, 3d8+5=20, 3d8+5=16)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases