The Second K'ril Incursion (SW Saga, KotOR era) [IC]

Douane

First Post
[sblock=Keda and Sianni]
drothgery said:
"It was hardly a 'scam' to help prevent Lejo from being disposed of like a worn-out tool by the K'ril after they had used him. And I owed him -- I don't know how I would have survived between my parents' deaths and the Jedi finding me without him. I wasn't going to give up on him.

"Now, I still suspect you want something from a Jedi. Most of the people who would want something from me for my talents unrelated to the Force are long dead; Jedi are not typically among the galaxy's best slicers, and even those who know me don't usually know that I am, or at least was. Is it so difficult to just say what that is?"

"Oh no, don't you go mushy on me!" Sianni replied, using a lek to imitate the human gesture of wagging a finger. "Won't work on me. Not at all. Same goes for that Jedi mind control, by the way. My father trained me to resist that.

But I've really wasted enough of my valuable time. Forget that I ever said anything and rest assured that if I ever need a slicer I'll hire one. A good one."

With the intention of not giving the Jedi the opportunity for any further nonsense, Sianni whirled quickly around and hit the door button with a lek, only to stop dead in her tracks as the door finally opened. Turning a paler green she abruptly jumped to the side of the door with a yelp, defensively tucking her lekku behind her back, and frantically hit the button to close it again. Her eyes wide with panic Sianni pointed a lek accusingly at Keda Starwind.

"You ..., you ..., you brought him here! That lekku-grabbing Lylek-spawn! How could you?"

The exact cause for her panic remained unkown, however, as the only persons in the corridor outside were a new Republic guards and Lias Etom, a respected human Jedi Master who had once served as Watchmen of the Ryloth system and on whose recommendation Sianni Amersu had been contracted for this mission. Strangely enough, the unconventional Jedi whose eccentricities included an undue liking for 'slumming' had apparently chosen her after she took his padawan hostage for a while to ensure her client's passage to their destination. (Where he had been apprehended afterwards by Etom and his padawan.)

Badly failing to cover her anxiety as her lekku still shivered in obvious agitation, Sianni began anew.

"Okay, I am offering you a different deal. I don't think he has seen me yet. If you order him away while I hide in here so that I can get to the ship unseen, I'll forget everything I have ever heard of these 'K'ril' and I'll bring the holocr..., the holovid afterwards to you." [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Shayuri said:
"My knowledge of the Dark Side and its tactics are only half of the equation."
The Ithorian smiled weakly, unsure around the Jedi. "Tomalor... uh, Tomalor very comfortable around machines. Tomalor will help. Tomalor tries not to think about Dark Side, just focus on making machines sing." He cringed at the last part, as if admitting to something he did not want.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Douane said:
"But I am so trying to work with you," Sianni called after him, her husky voice dripping with innuendo. "Get rid of that armor and I'll show you that I am a great teacher - of biology and other things. Don't be coy, make an experience to brag about."

To underline her words even more, she lolled provocatively on the bed.
It takes alot of effort, but Theta manages to keep himself from turning around as Sianni tries harder to entice him. It would be SO easy to just turn and at least record a little of this ...for posterities sake with his helmet holorecorder. Just keep walking, Theta. ,he tells himself.

The Mandalorian continues out through the door and goes to find a room which doesn't share a wall with Sianni's if possible. After stowing his gear, he gets busy exploring the ship and learning his way around.

Zurai

First Post
Shayuri said:
Kacela's voice came from behind Hawke.

"Master Starwind would not have sent us in anything less than what she thought we would need to both succeed and survive. But I'm glad you like it. The rapport between pilot and ship is important, so I'm told."

"I've no doubt that Master Starwind would send us in a half-busted tramp freighter if she thought it would be sufficient. That we have this at our disposal means this mission may be very dangerous indeed. The Korlen Phet may not have much cargo space, but she has the same weapon systems that the Republic's top-end starfighters have, and she's better armored and shielded. Make no mistake, this is a warship, not a civvy. Not that I'm afraid of danger, mind you - you don't get very far as an explorer if you're too scared to go outside the safe lanes."

She looks up at the bridge's ceiling and trails a hand along the bulkhead.

"I've never really felt a connection to machines...it's hard for me to relate to."

Hawke shrugs. "I don't really feel a connection to them either. For me, it's a problem to be solved. Apply so much thrust here to dodge the incoming missile, re-route power from engines to shields if I can't dodge - that sort of thing. Once you've been piloting long enough, it almost becomes second nature." As he speaks, he punctuates his statements with his hands, displaying a mock-dogfight.

Douane

First Post
Once she realized that Theta was not going to turn around, Sianni leapt off the bed and raced to the entrance of the cabin. Preventing the door from closing, she began to yell after the 'retreating' Mandalorian.

"Yeah, run off like the coward you are! You lousy son of a Lylek! Hutt-slime! You ..." Here her words began to degenerate into a long, yet imaginative string of Twi'leki obscenities, only to be topped by the even more vile gestures her lekku added to the mix.

"Don't you even bother to crawl back! You blew your chance! Forever! Not even if you came begging on your knees!" With her final shot Sianni let the door close at last and whirled through the cabin, sending her braintails flailing and filling it with laughter. How great it felt to finally allow them to move freely again after she had to almost forcibly restrain her lekku from dancing with silent laughter during her little 'show'.

Men.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Silently enduring Sianni's stream of invective as he walks away, Theta quickly stashes his gear and soon after finds himself wandering up to the bridge where he sees Hawke, Kecela, and Tomalor already talking. Nodding an acknowledgement to all three he says "Greetings. So, is the ship okay Hawke? How soon till we're ready to fly outta here?"

Zurai

First Post
Hawke grins over his shoulder at Theta. "As I was just explaining to Lady Kacela here, the ship is a little more than 'okay'. The Korlen Phet has weaponry comparable to my fighter and is better armored and shielded. She'll probably not be as responsive, but she's a fighter for sure. It seems the brass think this mission'll be a mite dangerous.

"As for when we can leave - I'm just waiting for the final data transmissions from the brass and departure clearance from Tower Control. Shouldn't be too much longer."
So saying, he turns back to the controls, fiddling with settings until everything responds to his satisfaction.

drothgery

First Post
Just as Hawke says that, a message flashes on his screen that the Korlen Phet is cleared for departure.

OOC: It'll take a few days, in-game to get to your destination; a 'fast' hyperdrive in this era is not as fast as the hyperdrives in the movies. So feel free to chat in-character until Sunday or Monday.

Shayuri

First Post
Kacela shakes her head at Hawke's title for her.

"I appreciate the sentiment, but just Kacela is fine." She quirks an almost-smile.

"I work for a living."

Douane

First Post
A few minutes after the ship's departure from the dock Sianni appears finally on the bridge, busily shoveling Gamorrean grakknuk larvae from a steaming bowl into her mouth.

" .. .... ... .. .. . . .. "

Whatever she is actually trying to say is lost to a mouthful of larvae. Only due to the questioning/exasperated glances from her compatriots she finally realizes the "problem".

[Gulp!] "I said, whoever was responsible for the foodstuff on this tub, has a pretty sick sense of humour. This stuff is disgusting!" Sianni repeated before devouring another grakknuk batch.

Looking left and right, Sianni finally opts for a nearby ready chair that allowed her to rest her legs on the railing.

"Well, good to be on our way at last. But there are still a few matters we need to talk about. First thing, it was brought to my ear-cones that there's some grousing going on among the rank and file regarding my command style and a 'lack of respect'. No problem, easily solved. From now on, every order I give you will be followed by a really heartfelt "please".

Well, how's that?"

Sianni opens her lekku widely in a gesture of expectation as she glances around from face to face. The reactions were certainly less than encouraging.

"Okay, okay, if you don't like it," she goes on, raising both hands and lekku-tips in a vague imitation of an apology while muttering under breath: "Hutt-slime, this trip is going to be more fun than a heatstorm in the Bright Lands.".

"So we are doing the Republic Senate thing then: Nobody can decide anything and there'll be endless talking and talking and talking and discussions and talking ... and so on. Not really my style, but if you want it that way ... I'm kinda worried about the other part, though: Sitting around and waiting to get bribed. Who will bribe us? Will he have enough creds to meet my rate?"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases