The Second K'ril Incursion (SW Saga, KotOR era) [IC] - Page 16
  1. #151
    OOC: What about Theta's actions listed above? If that is too far for him to move, then have him move right and down some till he has a clear shot at #2. Maybe behind Kacela or something for now.

  2. #152
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,230
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block drothgery


    ° Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix8008
    OOC: What about Theta's actions listed above? If that is too far for him to move, then have him move right and down some till he has a clear shot at #2. Maybe behind Kacela or something for now.
    OOC: Yeah, the action you originally proposed wasn't actually possible; it'd take a double-move to get into that position. I wouldn't have stopped mid-round except that one PC's actions made another's impossible.

  3. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by drothgery
    OOC: Yeah, the action you originally proposed wasn't actually possible; it'd take a double-move to get into that position. I wouldn't have stopped mid-round except that one PC's actions made another's impossible.
    OOC: So my revised action is okay then? To move a little sideways and down before taking a shot at droid #2?

  4. #154
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,230
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block drothgery


    ° Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix8008
    OOC: So my revised action is okay then? To move a little sideways and down before taking a shot at droid #2?
    Yup. 1 space = 1 square on the ASCII art map.

  5. #155
    Member
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    G÷ttingen, Germany
    Posts
    1,913
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block Douane


    ° Friend+
    "Nice work, grandma, keeping the client between yourself and the enemy! Perhaps you should toss him right in to make absolutely sure?" Sianni hisses in Martina's direction as she bounds between the two, blasters almost literally flying into her hands. Sliding into a firing position to take out one of the droids while still being covered from the rest of them, Sianni is just about to pull the trigger when suddenly Hawke's back fills her sights instead of the war droid as he slams into the wall next to the bay door. Screaming in frustration over the missed opportunity Sianni lashes out and kicks Hawke (lightly) in the thigh/hip.

    "Ta'rak! Koocha gada!"


    * (Twi'lek) Bright Fool!
    ** (Huttese) Idiotic Man!



    OoC: Swift Action to draw blaster via Quick-Draw feat; Move Action to move and draw the other blaster; Standard Action to move further (final position: space directly "NW" of Hawke)

  6. #156
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,230
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block drothgery


    ° Friend+
    Initiative...

    Martina 29
    Kacela 28
    Hawke 25
    Sianni 23
    Theta 17
    *Tomalor 14
    Aitch Cay 13
    Devan 13
    Droids 11

    * * * * * *

    Round 1, continued

    "Nice work, grandma, keeping the client between yourself and the enemy! Perhaps you should toss him right in to make absolutely sure?" Sianni hisses in Martina's direction as she bounds between the two, blasters almost literally flying into her hands.

    Martina doesn't seem to notice, however; she doesn't even look up from her rifle's targetting scope.

    Sliding into a firing position to take out one of the droids while still being covered from the rest of them, Sianni is just about to pull the trigger when suddenly Hawke's back fills her sights instead of the war droid as he slams into the wall next to the bay door. Screaming in frustration over the missed opportunity Sianni lashes out and kicks Hawke (lightly) in the thigh/hip.

    "Ta'rak! Koocha gada!"

    "Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur!" Theta calls out as he moves forward and brings his blaster rifle to bear on the room full of droids.
    Mando'a translation
    "Today is a good day for some other bugger to die!"

    OOC

    Theta will move past Hawke's position so that he is just outside the doorway and directly 'north' of war droid #2. If this is a surprise round, that's all he can do. If this is the first regular round, then he will also take a shot at droid #2 with his blaster rifle. Atk (w/point blank shot bonus +1) and damage for blaster rifle shot at droid #2 (1d20+15=32, 3d8+4=10) (Enemy damage threshold is lowered by 5)


    Theta's shot is right on target, though the droid's shields flash again.

    OOC: stonegod, It's no longer possible for Aitch Cay to have a line of fire on #2.

    Code:
        A   R                 
                 M             
                  S  T        
        S       D  H K                
    ----------!-----         -----!-----------------
              ! *    1     2   * *!
              !                   !
              !  3             4  !
              !      *        ****!
              !  6   *         5  !
              !      *    *       !
              !  7             8  !
              ! **      *        *!
              !  9   X *** Y   Z  !
               -------------------
    
    A - Tomalor's droid
    R - Tomalor
    T - Theta
    H - Hawk
    S - Sianni 
    M - Martina
    D - Devan
    K - Kacela
    
    1-9, X, Y, Z War Droids
    *  Cover (equipment)
    !,- walls
    Droid #2 has been hit twice; it doesn't look like it's sustained much damage, but its shields look a lot less stable.

  7. #157
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,534
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block stonegod


    ° Friend+
    Tomalor draws his weapon and begins fiddling with it, playing with its settings. From behind him, the droid draws its blaster and exclaims something quite sinister while moving into the fray.

    OOC: Tomalor draws (no move free draws on move either), then activates his Talent. Aitch draws then moves six squares forward toward the battle.

  8. #158
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,230
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block drothgery


    ° Friend+
    Initiative...

    Martina 29
    *Kacela 28
    Hawke 25
    Sianni 23
    Theta 17
    Tomalor 14
    Aitch Cay 13
    Devan 13
    Droids 11

    * * * * * *

    Round 1, concluded

    Tomalor draws his weapon and begins fiddling with it, playing with its settings. From behind him, the droid draws its blaster and exclaims something quite sinister while moving into the fray.

    Devan produced a blaster pistol from within his robes somewhere, drawing as he moved back beside Tomalor.

    Droid #1 walks back and to the 'east' slightly, before unleashing a torrent of autofire that ecompasses Theta and Kacela. Kacela deflects away the shots that come near her with her lightsaber (Deflect attempt succeeds), but a few of the cluster of shots glance off of Theta's armor. Droid #2's attempt to do the same was wildly inaccurate. As was droid #4s. Droid #3 was about as effecive as Droid #1; again Kacela Deflected the autofire, and again Theta took minimal damage to his armor. Droids #5 and #6 were both able to nick at Theta, and with her third attempt to deflect autofire, Kacela miss-timed slightly; her fourth fared better.

    The remaining droids simply moved out and forward, and for some reason three of the droids in the back of the room looked rather more sinister than even the other nine.

    Round 2

    Flipping her rifle to autofire as well, Martina fired at #4 and #2, blowing through the last of #2's shields and leaving scorch marks on the droid underneat, and causing #4's shields to flicker for an instant.

    Code:
            R  A              
            D           M      
                  S  T        
                   H K                
    ----------!-----        4-----!-----------------
              ! *          2   * *!
              !        3          !
              !       6  1 5      !
              !     7*        ****!
              !     9*        8   !
              !      *    * Z     !
              !      X    Y       !
              ! **      *        *!
              !        ***        !
               -------------------
    
    A - Tomalor's droid
    R - Tomalor
    T - Theta
    H - Hawk
    S - Sianni 
    M - Martina
    D - Devan
    K - Kacela
    
    1-9, X, Y, Z War Droids
    *  Cover (equipment)
    !,- walls
    Droid #2 has no shields and has suffered moderate damage
    Droid #4 has suffered some damage to its shields

    Kacela 64/69
    Theta 80/100
    Last edited by drothgery; Saturday, 26th January, 2008 at 04:33 AM.

  9. #159
    Member
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)



    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    20,907
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Block Shayuri


    ° Friend+
    At the first lull in the droid's firing, Kacela runs directly into the room, southward along the impromptu line that the warbots have established. She whirls in a cartwheel that blazes with the green fire of her lightsaber, and thrusts her free hand outwards towards the war droids as she lands.

    An invisible pulse of power radiates out, striking the droids like the blast wave of an intense explosion...hurling them away and knocking them over!

    (Move south and to the left a little so I can get 3, 7, 9, 6, 1 and 5 in the cone effect of a Force Slam. Use The Force check: 30 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1473319/ against droid Fort Defense. If that beats it, they take 4d6 damage and are knocked prone. I will spend a Force Point as well, to knock the damage up to 6d6.)

  10. #160
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,230
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block drothgery


    ° Friend+
    OOC: I can't see how to draw a cone without leaving at least two of the droids you listed out of it. One character space might be a rectangle on the ASCII art map, but it's actually a square. A right-angle one will leave out 1 and 5 or 3 and 5; a straight-on cone will leave out 5 and 9 or 7 and 9.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 65
    Last Post: Thursday, 17th July, 2008, 06:04 AM
  2. [SW Saga] The Second K'ril Incursion (OOC) [RE-RECRUITING]
    By drothgery in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: Sunday, 18th May, 2008, 04:30 PM
  3. [RG] The Second K'ril Incursion Characters (SW Saga, KotOR era)
    By drothgery in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Thursday, 24th April, 2008, 12:54 PM
  4. Incursion Help
    By Sigdel in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Friday, 4th March, 2005, 10:20 PM
  5. What is Incursion?
    By SemperJase in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Saturday, 15th March, 2003, 03:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •