Siege in the Stonespike Mountains (Boddynock Judging)

Patlin

Explorer
Zaeryl recognizes the creatures as an unusually large variant on Lizardmen. He speculates that they might be elite warriors, or possibly simply a varient species. It's even possible (though unlikely) that they are utilizing an Enlarge Person spell. He searches his memory...

[sblock=DC 18 knowledge(nature)]Blackscale Lizardfolk are related to the more normal variety of lizardfolk, but are unusually large and strong. They have clans of their own, and their best warriors are frequently Barbarians.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Only a 16 on Know Nature since he can't just take 10. Can he connect them in any way to dragons using Know: Arcana? He's substantially better at Knowledge Arcana, with a +19)

Patlin

Explorer
He does know that Dragons often employ servants, and many times those servants are reptilian humanoids such as kobolds. Lizardfolk might very well also serve dragons.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

Initiative (1d20+2=18)

Charlarn will ready his shield, but won't draw a weapon. He also tries to recall what he's learned about lizardmen. Knowledge (nature) (1d20+4=17) He says to the others, "Be ready for battle. We're not far from the keep."

Cleric Spells Prepared (5/4+1/4+1/3+1: save DC 14 + level):
0-create water (2), detect magic, guidance, mending;
1-bless, divine favor, entropic shield, remove fear, sanctuary*;
2-hold person, make whole, status, shield other*, summon monster II.
3-dispel magic, fly*, magic circle against evil, magic vestment.
*Domain spell.

Patlin

Explorer
Round 1 Begins
Charlarn readies his shield. (Move action, I believe... since no other action stated, I will consider him full defending.)

[Zaeryl is up.]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I don't think you ever mentioned how they were arranged? Assuming it isn't an obvious formation for a quick AoE, Z is going to even the odds a bit more (6 hulking brutes against 4 with no tank seems a bad plan) by summoning an Astral Construct. If this wasn't the 6th day, he would have liked to try out the new version, but since the new version is more expensive, he'll stick with good old version 5. Starting now since there's no way they can hit with a javelin from that distance--come back to me next round and I'll give you the specifics!

Please note that Zaeryl is already missing 2 PP before this battle even begins due to his +5 AC Inertial Armour (already accounted for in his character sheet))

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Zaeryl is already missing 2 PP before this battle even begins due to his +5 AC Inertial Armour

He must have gotten the power preservation item then, as otherwise that would cost 3 pp. Right?

Patlin

Explorer
Round 1 Continues
Zaeryl begins to concentrate.

The Barbarians rush in, greatclubs in hand and ignoring their javelins for the moment. They close to within about 50' of the adventurers. (Close enough that I'll put up a map in a moment.)

[Iggy is up.]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
He must have gotten the power preservation item then, as otherwise that would cost 3 pp. Right?
(OOC: You were in the adventure where he got that :p It isn't hard to remember Zaeryl's treasure. He basically just has the Psychic Nexus of Power Preservation and the Circlet of Intellect +6. He's faking having other protective items (like a Con item or a save-boosting item) by virtue of the fact that I leveled him up again :eek:)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases