OK Weird and double Weird

jester47

First Post
My handle on these boards and most everywhere else for that matter is jester47. My legal name is Aaron L. Webb. Now, on these boards there is:

Jester47 who is Aaron L. Webb
Number47
The Jester
and Aaron L

WHO CAST THE MIRROR IMAGE SPELL?

Aaron.

Mahiro Satsu

First Post
mabye it is a coincidence. the net is vast.

I hope it is. stealing a name is one of the worst jokes one can perpetrate. I hate people who do it to be mean, on the other hand if they like the name- then its a form of respect. who knows?

EOL

First Post
The number 47 has achieved a cult status similiar to the number 42, especially among Star Trek Fans. Here are a couple of instructive websites:

http://www.star-trek-voyager.fsnet.co.uk/47s.htm

http://www.47.net/47society/47story/

I'm not sure if this is why you choose 47, but I am almost certain it is why "Number47" whoever that is did. As for the rest Jester and the name Aaron are common enough. Perhaps you should take it as imitation, and be flattered.....

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Alias too!

As the board's resident Alias freak, I thought I would also point out that 47 is used extensively in that show as well, being found somewhere in every episode except 2 (the episode entitled Page 47 and the show that originally aired on April 7th (4-7 :D )).

jester47

First Post
Im not saying they cant have those names, just saying its kind of weird!

Actually there is a long string of events behind the 47 in my screen name. When I came up with the name I was looking for somthing that had a technological ring to it with a medieval feel and also sounded cool. I picked jester and looked around my room and saw a shoe box with 47 on it (thats my european shoe size). I then logged onto the board as jester47. A while later I went to Virtual World to play battletech. They asked me for my callsign. I said "jester." The guy said "there are a lot of those, we will be having name duals to figure out who gets to keep it." I then asked "how many jesters?" He counted and said "46." I said make me jester47. So it became my permanent screen name.

I then moved to seattle, which I discovered is on the 47th parallel. 1947 is a weird year, its the year that Alister Crowley died and the same year of the roswell crash, the transistor, the breaking of the sound barrier, holograms were invented, the CIA was created, AK-47 goes into mass production, and the frisbee was invented. To create a circle that is perfect to the atomic level you only need to calculate pi to 47 digits. Its prime. It shows up in a lot of TV shows. I believe that it is the most random prime number. And star trek likes it too...

But all this I would say is coincidence. Still fun to think about.

Aaron.

Tristissima

Explorer
Now, if someone could come up with some numerological connection or correspondence between 42, 47, and 23, we will have the perfect numerical triumvirate.

Wait a minute, 47 and 42 are separated by the number 5, which is actually a sychronistic echo of the importance of 23, being 2 + 3, and that must be the connection. Holy geometry, Batman! We have discovered the building block of the universe!

Grim

First Post
me and my best friend, whose alias is ShadowJester, have had similer experiences.

Jester actually shows up a lot on these boards, such as Jester47 (who started this thread). The Jester, Bloodjester, DarkJester, and DeathJester.

To me, the most disturbing coincidence is GrimJester, a combination of me and my friend's names. Freaky.

And DeathJester is also freaky because my handle used to be The Grim Reapa, until I shortened it out of laziness, and, possibly, coolness.

I've actually had a lot of weird experiences with handles, especially with how I made them. Like my friend Jason mistyped his name, and instantly became Jaspn. Or my old alias was hobinkobad, my first DND character, and a name I came up with when looking through the MM and seeing Hobgoblin/Kobold. Freaky.

Remove ads