D&D 4E Rumor control: Lucca 4e seminar report inaccuracies

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
I am not sure what was said at the seminar or who even presented the information that was reported on the front page here: 4th Edition Italian News

This comes as a surprise to us and I want to point out two inaccuracies:

1) there is no tiered licensing structure to the OGL. There will be D&D and the OGL as I explained here: Tiered OGL

2) core rule book sequels will not be updates (mistake corrections) to previously released versions. These will be similar to the PHB to PHBII, DMG to DMGII, or MM to MMx. The game will still require use of the three core rule books (PHB, DMG, MM) and follow up titles will introduce new classes, DM options, and monsters respectively.

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
Yay, sky is no longer falling. Wonder is someone should sticky this thread and Scott can just add to it as time goes on. Would be amusing a year from now to see how much rumour was just skewing the picture.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Please do include errata in the subsequent reprints of PHB1, MM1 and DMG1, though, guys. Yes, there will be those of us who will buy replacements if the errata are significant enough (and over time, they inevitably will be).

Goken100

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Please do include errata in the subsequent reprints of PHB1, MM1 and DMG1, though, guys. Yes, there will be those of us who will buy replacements if the errata are significant enough (and over time, they inevitably will be).
Ya, that sounds fine to me. As long as the errata are corrections of mistakes or completely broken rules and NOT revisions.

mxyzplk

Explorer
So you're still saying there'll be an OGL? When is it going to be released to third party publishers? Before 4e comes out or after?

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
I am not sure what was said at the seminar or who even presented the information that was reported on the front page here: 4th Edition Italian News

This comes as a surprise to us and I want to point out two inaccuracies:

1) there is no tiered licensing structure to the OGL. There will be D&D and the OGL as I explained here: Tiered OGL

2) core rule book sequels will not be updates (mistake corrections) to previously released versions. These will be similar to the PHB to PHBII, DMG to DMGII, or MM to MMx. The game will still require use of the three core rule books (PHB, DMG, MM) and follow up titles will introduce new classes, DM options, and monsters respectively.
while on the topic of phb2 and OGL, will the phb2 and its varieties be added to the OGL?

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
It is so much better to get immediate rumor control rather than to have a hush over everything.

More of this, please!

Thanks, Scott, for rushing to correct! *thumbs up*

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I've stickied this thread for a day or so to make sure that it stays visible and the rumour doesn't progress further.

Cheers

Remove ads