Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Ciki Ik'gosh

Ciki comes back with the hobgoblins looking unusually cheerfull. She leaves the hobgoblins to fend the prisoners and wanders aimlessly the hall. Her hair is apparently not cooperating as she tries to keep it of her face, but it just keeps falling back.

Finally she spots the witch-doctors standing in guard, which strikes her odd. They are not usually put in such menial work. She walks over to them and sits down just outside Nerrak's reach. She just sits there, staring at Nerrak, chewing something in her mouth and occasionally brushing her hair out of her eyes.

Rhun

First Post
Blackrat said:
Finally she spots the witch-doctors standing in guard, which strikes her odd. They are not usually put in such menial work. She walks over to them and sits down just outside Nerrak's reach. She just sits there, staring at Nerrak, chewing something in her mouth and occasionally brushing her hair out of her eyes.

Nerrak eyes Ciki suspiciously with his green-yellow catlike eyes. After several moments, he points his shortspear in her direction. "What you want, wench?"

Blackrat

Ciki changes position a bit to get further of the spear and as she does so her pet rat crawls out of her sleeve. She picks the piece of meat from her mouth and gives it to the rat. Looking at Nerrak curiously she asks: "What're ye guarding, hmm? Is it the rock? Did you finds it? Can I sees it?"

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mek (Bugbear Ranger 1) - Prison Room

Mek naps quietly and lightly against the wall with his back to the door, eyes open and toward the cage, and waits for sunset to waken him and ready him for the new day.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Blackrat said:
Ciki changes position a bit to get further of the spear and as she does so her pet rat crawls out of her sleeve. She picks the piece of meat from her mouth and gives it to the rat. Looking at Nerrak curiously she asks: "What're ye guarding, hmm? Is it the rock? Did you finds it? Can I sees it?"

Nerrak smiles, showing his sharp, jagged teeth. That rat looked like it would be a tasty morsel. The witchdoctor brings his spear back to a guard position and shrugs."You have heard. You know the Red Stone is within. We," Nerrak indicates himself and Suxm, "are first to bring back Red Stone. And now we guard it. Tok-Razul not be pleased if we let some puny wench like you in to look at rock."

Blackrat

Rhun said:
Nerrak smiles, showing his sharp, jagged teeth. That rat looked like it would be a tasty morsel. The witchdoctor brings his spear back to a guard position and shrugs."You have heard. You know the Red Stone is within. We," Nerrak indicates himself and Suxm, "are first to bring back Red Stone. And now we guard it. Tok-Razul not be pleased if we let some puny wench like you in to look at rock."
Ciki notices Nerrak's looks and hurriedly ushers Whisper back inside the sleeve. Flashing her own teeth she starts to respond. "Well I captur..." She suddenly stops and picks up a mushroom that was next to her feet, seemingly forgetting that she was even talking to Nerrak as she turns and heads to the main hall, cleaning the little mushroom of dirt.

doghead

thotd
ic - Yar Gock

Outside the red rock room

Ur'nagi watches Ciki through hooded eyes. The goblin wolf rider knows that they share some of the same problems. But Ur'nagi has never been able to work out quite what Ciki thinks. Half the time Ur'nagi is not sure that Ciki even realises that she as far as the rest of the tribe is concerned, she is a usurper.

Perhaps it would be easier to be mad.

Evening falls and Mek's resting is disturbed when Floch-Ta brings into the prison a tied kicking and screaming female human under his right armpit. His left hand drags a rope tied human male, the human male is unconscious.
You free, me shift, you guard from middle of night.
Sadly, the two other bugbears haven't returned from the howling forest yet, leaving you and Floch-Ta to work in the slave's den. When they'll be back they'll join the shift.
The blind dwarf rest in the corner, he is trying to sleep. The two manacled kobolds snore in the other corner and the caged bugbear lay still and eyes the new comers.

The Main Hall
Cheers and joy rocks the cave walls of the large hall as goblin females prepare the area for the winter ceremony. The elite warriors were commanded to keep an eye on the mob and punish those who might disturb the preparations of this holy day.
In the meantime the adventuring party that went to the howling forest returned. They brought back a deer, a boar, squirrels and rabbits, unfortunately (to those who loved him), Fodash, a goblin warrior and one of the tribe's fisherman perished and was left for scavengers. But deaths of goblins are quite common so no grieve can be spotted in the main hall, the goblins are quite excited with the food that were brought and the upcoming ceremony.

[sblock=reneu1g – Tazrax]
Psst. Taz
Whispers Shragash. He is a goblin that is ranked as an elite guard like you.
I and Zipontz got plan, we teach manners filthy Nerrak and Suxm later this night, gonna beat him to his bones. He not hear me when I want see rock, you with us?
[/sblock]

Ik'gush Ciki is approached by Ber, he is one of the super elite guards. The super elite guards differ from the regular elite guards by their loyal to the Mogur and their strength. They are known to be heroes among the tribe for killing dwarfs and gnomes.
Ik'gush, you are summoned to Tok-Razul, you come with me now!

Blackrat

Ciki Ik'gosh

Minding her own business, trying to figure out the pattern a spider is making with web, Ciki is startled by Ber. "Iaa!" With a surpriced yelp her first reaction is to run away from the scary male but she quickly gathers herself, remembering that she could burn his skin with just a word. Snatching the tiny spider she throws it away and hastily gathers some of the web, stuffing it to her pocket. With false submission she bows her head and follows the warrior.
Hee, Tok-Razul gives me important duty. That'll show Nerrak.

Last edited:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mek (Bugbear Ranger 1) - Outside Warren

Mek smiles evilly to the captive humanssss, pats Floch-Ta on the shoulder, and shakes his head in satisfaction and respect to his fellow hunter/prison-watcher.

He points to the captive bugbear and says "Trchesk (goblin for: he who likes to bite the goblin hand that feeds him)." and then points to the captive bugbear and humans and rasps out "Separate. Safe.".

Seeing that many have returned in the last day or so, the Dwarf Hunter stealthily makes his way to outside the warrens, via the hidden entrance, to gos outside to watch for others that may return or those that may have knowingly followed.

Last edited:

Remove ads