Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock

Rhun

First Post
Sorry guys, I missed the posts back on 01-07.

Nerrak takes one of the torches from Mek, and then stands ready to support the big bugbear as he moves to enter the chamber.

doghead

thotd
ic - Yar Gock

Ur'nagi takes up a position near the door where she can keep an eye on the other two but stay out of their way. While Mek and Nerrek deal with the mold, Ur'nagi keeps an eye on the skeletons.

If it becomes apparent that she is not needed, she heads back to the other room to continue the investigation of it.

Surprise Round

While Suxm stays outside and guards the corridors and the interior of the tower, Mek opens the door a little bit, but the far table prevents him from burning the mold so he steps inside to burn it.
Ur'nagi takes up a position near the door where she can keep an eye on the other two but stay out of their way. While Mek and Nerrek deal with the mold, Ur'nagi keeps an eye on the skeletons.
Once inside, Mek begins to scorch the mold, but then … shackle sound echoes in the room as bones build up, the goblin skeletons begin to form up.

You can roll inits and act a standard action for surprise round

Attachments

• Tower ruins Yar gock.xls
    46.5 KB · Views: 86

doghead

thotd
ic - Yar Gock

Ur'nagi growls a warning to the others and shifts her spear into the ready position in case the dead goblins should attack. The wolf rider has head stories of the walking dead. But these are goblin dead, so Ur'nagi holds her hand for the moment. Perhaps they mean no harm. Perhaps they only wish to warn the party of the dangers ahead. Would it be a crime to strike them down, or a favour? Do they still know who they were, or that Ur'nagi and her companions are of one and the same tribe?

"Are they still goblins?" she growls under her breath, struggling to put her thoughts into words.

[sblock=ooc]Init 6.
In combat, my idea was to use the wolf's trip attack in combination with Ur'nagi's spear attack with the goal of having the defender 'prone' for the latter. I'm assuming that it is covered under 'fight with warhorse'. Hopefully it is legal :)

This will probably relate to next round, but here are the numbers anyway.
* Ur'nagi AC 18, hp 19.
* Ride Check 17.
* Wolf Attack 5.
* Ur'nagi Attack 13, damage 6.[/sblock]
[sblock=edit]Going back over the posts, I think Rhun (see below) is correct - Nerrek was in the room, Ur'nagi was waiting outside. I can change this post if need be.[/sblock]
[sblock=Edit II] Ok, holding position at the door. Has the mold been killed yet?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
I'm confused by the map positions. It shows Ur'nagi in the room with Mek, and I thought Nerrak was in the room with him? Can you confirm the correct positions, Strahd?

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mek (Male Bugbear Ranger 1); HP: 11/11;

Mek steps back a bit to distance him self a little bit from the moldy table. He lets out a raspy growl while waiting for the mound of clambering bones to approach him to its doom.

He readies a 2-handed attack with his torch on the first skeleton that steps into range (missing I think =( ).

[OOC: I cannot remember, are we using Invisible Castle for this game?
If so:

Initiative vs. Skeltons (1d20 3=13)
Readied Attack vs Skeleton (1d20+1=13)
Torch Damage vs Skeleton (1d3+6+1=8)
]

Rhun said:
I'm confused by the map positions. It shows Ur'nagi in the room with Mek, and I thought Nerrak was in the room with him? Can you confirm the correct positions, Strahd?

you are right, sorry. I updated the map.
I'll post surprise round post during the weekend

Attachments

46.5 KB · Views: 98

Rhun

First Post
With a low growl, Daggermouth leaps forward to engage the skeletons, slaver flying from his jaws as he tries to sink it into one of the skeletal remains.

Nerrak swings his torch at the bone foe, hoping to knock it down or set it alight.

Daggermouth
Initiative: 21
Bite +3, damage 1d6+1

Nerrak
Initiative: 9
Ride Check +8
Torch -1 (improvised weapon), damage 1d2+1+1 fire

Surprise Round

With a low growl, Daggermouth leaps forward to engage the skeletons, slaver flying from his jaws as he tries to sink it into one of the skeletal remains. But his bite is to weak to penetrates the rotten leather armor remaining

Mek steps back a bit to distance him self a little bit from the moldy table. He lets out a raspy growl while waiting for the mound of clambering bones to approach him to its doom. He readies a 2-handed attack with his torch on the first skeleton that steps into range, but the swing is wide, the torch hits the table and scortch the mold, it appears the mold is only a moss and nothing more.

Nerrak swings his torch at the bone foe, hoping to knock it down or set it alight. But the swings is off, Nerrak strikes the wall to his left, sparks flies everywhere.

Ur'nagi growls a warning to the others and shifts her spear into the ready position in case the dead goblins should attack. The wolf rider has head stories of the walking dead. But these are goblin dead, so Ur'nagi holds her hand for the moment. Perhaps they mean no harm. Perhaps they only wish to warn the party of the dangers ahead. Would it be a crime to strike them down, or a favour? Do they still know who they were, or that Ur'nagi and her companions are of one and the same tribe?
"Are they still goblins?" she growls under her breath, struggling to put her thoughts into words.

"Let me see wench!"
Suxm gets closer and peeks from behind Ur'nagi's shoulder, once he sees the skeletons, the goblin shivers.

[sblock=Actions]
Daggermouth – move 5 ft. to U20, Bite Skeleton 4 - 4.
Skeleton 1 - Surprised
Skeleton 2 - Surprised
Skeleton 3 - Surprised
Skeleton 4 - Surprised
Mek – Attack Skeleton 3 - 13.
Nerrak – Ride 14, Attack Skeleton 4 – 8.
Ur'nagi – Holding position.
Suxm – move to S19.

Active spells & Effects:

[/sblock]

Attachments

46.5 KB · Views: 91

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mek (Male Bugbear Ranger 1); HP: 11/11; AC 18; Init:13;

Mek drops his torch to the floor, and draws his dwarven wax axe to bare while moving (t-18) in to attack the nearest skeleton. He lets out a raspy growl as he swings with conviction.

[OOC: Hits AC 26 and 12 Damage?
I think I am interpreting Invisible Castle correctly.
Attack Skeleton with Dwarven War Axe (1d20+7, 1d10+6=[19, 7], [6, 6])
]

Last edited:

Remove ads