S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

s@squ@tch

First Post
drothgery said:
Hmm... she certainly would 'in the field' (i.e. in a wilderness/dungeon area); she probably wouldn't anywhere she thought was safe. So the question becomes how common are attacks on Lyrandar airships on this run?

The Sharn office of the Khorvarian Bureau of Investigations has refused my Freedom of Information request on the criminal statistics on the Sharn to Stormreach run. I have filed an appeal and will advise you when I hear something.

p.s. I'll have you know I've made the Kessel run in less than 6 parsecs.

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
The Sharn office of the Khorvarian Bureau of Investigations has refused my Freedom of Information request on the criminal statistics on the Sharn to Stormreach run. I have filed an appeal and will advise you when I hear something.

Well, Sanne would know this sort of thing... however, based on the ship and crew apparently being armed, I'm going to go on the side of caution and say Sanne slept in her armor and bracers.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Deckhand said:
“ALL HANDS ON DECK! ALL HANDS ON DECK!”
Yoggrith's eyes slowly open to the sounds of the shouting. As all ammner of individual begin rustling and running about, preparing themselves for a fight above-deck, the halfork takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. He swings himself off of his hammock then looks down at the equipment he brought on board. His full set of platemail is still wrapped up in cloth for easy conveyance and he does a quick calculation as to how long it would take him to dress.

The thought of him going above-deck and then getting knocked over the side into the water below while wearing what would amount to an anvil instantly nixxes that idea. His amulet and ring are still on of course, and he then reaches down and grabs his boots and belt, which he quickly puts on. He then grabs his shield, checks that his two wands are in their holsters on the back of it, then casts Bear's Endurance and Shield of Faith on himself, and Spikes upon his quartstaff.

"I am ready." he says, then begins making his way upstairs. As he reaches the top of the stairs, he also casts a quick spell of Divine Favor on himself as well.

OOC: With the four spells active, he gains an additional +16 to hit points; +2 to AC (Shield of Faith gives a +3 Deflection bonus to an 8th level character, but I already have +1 Deflection from the Ring Of Protection); +5 to hit (+2 for Spikes and +3 for Divine Favor) and +11 to damage (+8 for Spikes and +3 for Divine Favor).

However he loses -10 to AC for not wearing his full plate armor.

Current information:

Initiative [9]
HP: 90
AC: 18
Spiked Quartstaff: +15/+10 to hit; 1d6+14 damage
Spells Remaining: 6/5/5/4/3

drothgery

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
The thought of him going above-deck and then getting knocked over the side into the water below while wearing what would amount to an anvil instantly nixxes that idea.

OOC: I think cruising altitudes for airships are generally high enough that it doesn't matter what you're wearing when you hit the water.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
With the howl of potential battle up above, Morika comes awake all at once. Rolling out of bed, she slings her backpack over her shoulder, drawing her scimitar from it as she dashes from the room. As she moves, her muscles thicken and bulge, and her head erupts in heavy ram's horns. With a feral growl, she goes for the deck.

OOC: Morika will wear her amulet of health while sleeping always. Before she heads up, she's going to grab her Heward's Handy Haversack and bust her scimitar out of it as she goes (which she can do while she's moving). Other than that, she's not taking the time to armor up. She'll shift as a free action. And her initiative is 5.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round 1 -- Belowdecks

Initiative:

26 – Aeranduil (64/64) – Grab Bow, buckler, quiver, move to E12 from F4 (40’ move)
21 – Jaxel (75/75) – Grab blade and shield, don gauntlets, move to B8.
17 – Ipshivi (46/46) – Invoke Walk Unseen, Grab Haversack. move to E10
14 – Sanne (65/65) – Grab Buckler, Rapier, move to D17.
9 – Yoggrith (90/90) – Grab staff, boots, belt, cast Bear’s Endurance
5 – Morika (66/66) – Grab Haversack, then shift. Move to C10
5 – Voadam (43/43) – Grab sash, spell component pouch, cast Mage Armor

The seasoned adventurers are roused from their bunks by shouting and commotion from above decks.

"ALL HANDS ON DECK!"

The call can still be heard echoing from above. Various shouts are heard, it is obvious that something has attacked the ship. The voices are somewhat muffled.

Various pieces of equipment are quickly assembled, spells are being cast, and bodies are heading towards the stairs.

[sblock=Ipshivi] You hear the rustling of strong winds -- did another storm appear? [/sblock]

Attachments

• Round 1, Bow.jpg
    Round 1, Bow.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Round 1, Aft.jpg
    Round 1, Aft.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
After securing her buckler and infusion component pouch, Sanne runs to the deck with rapier in hand. Depending on what she sees as she moves through the ship, she may shout approriate orders at some of the crewmen.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round 2 - Partial

Initiative:

30 – Elemental #1 – Whirlwind form, 1 crew member inside
28 – Elemental #2 – Attacked Crewman #2, one critical hit, one regular hit  crewman down.
26 – Aeranduil (64/64) – Single move to top of stairs
23 – Dalwir – Attacks Elemental #3 with flaming rapier & dagger – HIT 9 damage before DR
21 – Elemental #3 (9 damage – lightly wounded) – Attacks Lieutenant, 1 HIT
21 – Jaxel (75/75) – Double move to the top of stairs (C16)
17 – Ipshivi (46/46) – Reached top of stairs, standard action available.
15 – Lieutenant -- Attack Elemental #3 with rapier - MISS
14 – Sanne (65/65) – Reached top of stairs with 20' of 2nd move action left
9 – Yoggrith (90/90) – Cast Divine Favor, Move to C11 (30' move)
5 – Morika (66/66) – Retrieve Scimitar, Move to top of stairs
5 – Voadam (43/43) – Double move to top of stairs
4 – Crew (8) -- #1 inside elemental #1, #2 dying, #3-8 reload crossbows and fire, 1 hit on Elemental #2 – 2 damage before DR, two hits on Elemental #3 – 8 damage before DR

[D]aa[/D]

Aerandiul reaches the top of the stairs with 15’ left on his move action.

Jaxel double moves and reaches the top of the stairs.

Ipshivi reaches the top of the stairs with no move left (standard action available).

Yoggrith casts Divine Favor, moves 30’ to C11.

Morika reaches top of stairs with no move left after drawing her scimitar from her Haversack.

Sanne reaches the top of the stairs with 20’ of her second move action left.

Voadam double moves and reaches top of the stairs with no move left.

Notes:

Jaxel/Morika share the same square at the moment, as do Ipshivi and Sanne
The only way to the stern is through the middle room.

Yoggrith is still downstairs, will be topside next round after he casts Spikes on his staff.

Elemental #1 (F26) is in Whirlwind form 5' wide at base and 50' tall

This is about to get messy.

Actions for round 2 please (for those of you with a partial action left) or round 3 (for those who do not), now that you've been thrown into the fray and see what you're dealing with.

[sblock=Voadam] You know for certain that these are air elementals. (due to his ranks in Knowledge (the planes) )[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round 2, Belowdecks.jpg
    Round 2, Belowdecks.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Round, Abovedecks.jpg
    Round, Abovedecks.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Taking a glance to be sure the ship's bound elemental is unharmed before procceeding,
Sanne moves a bit further out beyond the stairway so others can come up more easily, then quickly puts together an infusion to empower her blade to better fight the elementals on the deck.

[sblock=OOC]
Sanne will move to G19 to finish out her previous action, then spend an action point to invoke the Weapon Augementation, Personal infusion as a full-round action rather than spending the normal one minute to do so, giving her rapier the Elemental Bane property (+2 to hit/dmg vs elementals, +2d6 dmg vs elementals) for the next 20 minutes.

Before she begins, though, she'll spare a glance for the ship's bound elemental, quickly checking to make sure it's unharmed.

Sanne's rapier (unaugmented, it's a +1 shock rapier) vs. elementals after augmentation -
+13/+8 to hit, 3d6+7+d6 electricity dmg (+1 str, +3 int, bane, shock), 18/x2 crit
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika sums up the situation in a glance, and dipping into her belt pouch, clutches the wing bone of a bat. Uttering a few words in ancient Druidic, she gives herself wings to fly. Insubstantial bat wings flutter at her back, and she charges forward to slash at the substance of the rogue elemental.

OOC: Standard action from round 2, cast master air. Round 3, charge and attack with scimitar.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases