S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Snarling at being deprived of her targets for her more powerful spell, Morika powers away in the air and calls for the lightning above to answer her call.

OOC: [sblock]Move to A15 and cast call lightning[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round 5 - Complete

Initiative:

30 – Elemental #1 – (Moderately Wounded) Whirlwind form, 7 crew members + Lieutenant Isolda inside, ends in D4
28 – Elemental #2 – Attack Jaxel – MISS w/ total defense action.
26 – Aeranduil (64/64) – Attack Elemental #2 w/ 3 arrows – 2 HITS for 25 damage before DR
23 – Dalwir – Full attack on Elemental #3 with flaming rapier – 1 hits for 9 damage before DR
21 – Elemental #3 (Moderately Wounded) – Attacks Dalwir once – HIT for 19 damage, Attacks Sanne CRIT (confirmed) for 22 damage
21 – Jaxel (60/75) – Charge/Jump Elemental #2 – CRIT confirmed for 18 damage before DR
17 – Ipshivi (46/46) – (in main cabin)
15 – Lieutenant -- Inside Elemental #1 – Attacks from within with rapier, HIT – 5 damage before DR
14 – Sanne (43/65) – 5’ step to H11, full attack on elemental #3, both MISS, counterstrike HIT for 16 before DR
9 – Yoggrith (84/90) – Double move to I12, AoO from Elemental #3 – HIT for 6 damage
5 – Morika (45/66) – Move to A15, AoO from Elemental #2 – HIT for 12 damage, Concentration check PASS, Cast Call Lightning
5 – Voadam (43/43) – Fly to H23, Cast Confusion on Elementals #1 and #3 – both FAIL
4 – Crew (8) – Inside Elemental #1: Crew #1 - #8 except #2, who is prone on the foredeck.

Sitting on the back of the ship, the elemental gives out what appears to be some sort of chuckle or laugh, or some sound that would appear to signify that it is enjoying what it is doing. It moves across the deck to engulf the last crewmember who is not currently twirling like a rag-doll inside the 50’ twister, which unfortunately, is successful. The whirlwind has taken on a pinkish hue, and it is slowly becoming redder.

The second elemental, still intrigued by the gnome, hovers closer to the ship, while ignoring the flying shifter next to it, and forms a giant fist, swinging it down like huge sledge hammer upon the small, tortoise shelled creature. The blow misses the gnome, but does end up cracking several planks on the deck of the ship.

Aeranduil mutters curses under his breath and launches a salvo of arrows at the nearest elemental, 2 appear to strike true, while one is deflected by the swirling winds.

Dalwir continues his attack on the elemental on the aft deck, but his mind goes out to his crew stuck inside the whirlwind. His flaming rapier rises and falls twice, one connecting solidly with the wind creature, whereas the second hits nothing but empty space.

The elemental notices the newcomer to the stern, and sends one fist towards each of the scions of Lyrander. Each is hit solidly, but the blow landed upon Sanne knocks the wind out of her. The half-elf’s bracers flash again and she jabs with her rapier at the fist that just struck her, landing a blow that sending electricity crackling into the elemental.

Jaxel acknowledges the healing he recieves with a nod and a grunt of affirmation.
He quickly looks from side to side, scanning his surroundings for anything that would help.
"What kinda ship aint got no flamin' rope?! Ahhh Screw it!"
He then grunts and runs at his opponent screaming a warcry. His stout legs churning he hurls himself at the Elemental! Hit blade bites into the creature, but he bounces off the windy body of the thing, falling to the deck. He is able to regain his balance in time to keep himself on his feet. (Jump checked succeeded)

Meanwhile, belowdecks, Ipshivi listens as the battle rages above her while puttering about the cabin. In the common area, she finds a copy of last months issue of the Sharn Enquirer, and becomes engrossed in an article about the nightlife surrounding one of the hot new pop-bards. “She dresses like a trollop,” She thinks to herself.

Dalwir’s second in command futilely attacks the cyclone that is slowing crushing her to death, along with 7 of the crew.

"I don't suppose you speak the common tongue, and are eager to explain the plans of whoever summoned you? No? Perhaps I shall need to be more persuasive." Sanne says.

She closes with the elemental, flanking with the captain, and flashes her blade twice – her crackling blade finds no purchase on the wind creature.

Yoggrith doesn't see the half-elven scion of House Lyrander get whalloped by the elemental's fist... but the sound is unmistakable. His eyes lost in thought over the edge of the ship and the gnome next to him whooping it up now that he is feeling better... Yoggrith begins hurrying through the central cabin to the other end of the ship towards Sanne. "Your pain is The Shadow's pain. The Shadow will take your pain from you, woman."

As he bursts through the doorway onto the back of the ship, he is greeted by a small fist of air slamming down upon him.

Snarling at being deprived of her targets for her more powerful spell, Morika starts to power away in the air and is slammed by a tendril of air. Bloodied and enraged, she calls for the lightning above to strike down her foes. Crackling can be heard above the ship, and the smell of ozone permeates the area.

The wizards boots carry him aloft, to the roof of the central cabin, he then strides on air towards the bow of the ship.

"We need to save the crewmen if we can!" He roars. Frustration at not having more appropriate magic at hand burns through the wizard. He wants to save lives. He invokes a more powerful mind scrambling magic, targeting the two elementals in the rear of the ship, centering it high off the deck so that the scions of Lyrander would not be affected. Immediately upon completion, the two elementals appear to reverse their rotation on portions of their forms -- and some incoherent babbling, not much louder than a whisper can be heard. (Will saves both fail)

[D]aa[/D]

Spells in Effect:

Yoggrith: Divine Favor (6 rounds), Spikes (8 hours), Bear’s Endurance (77 rounds)
Sanne: Weapon Infusion – Elemental Bane (198 rounds)
Morika: Master Air (6 rounds), Call Lightning (80 rounds or 8 bolts)
Voadam: Fly (49 rounds)

Conditions:

Elemental #1 – Confused (7 rounds)
Elemental #3 – Confused (7 rounds)

OOC:

Ship will decrease speed 20’/round for the next 5 rounds. Current ship speed is 60’

Attachments

• Round 5, Abovedecks.jpg
    Round 5, Abovedecks.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 71

drothgery

First Post
"Well, creature, you cannot say that I failed to warn you." Sanne says, pressing her attack.

OOC: If the elemental stays where Sanne can full attack it (preferably maintaining her flanking position) with a 5' step or by staying in place, she'll do that; if she needs to move to attack (because the elemental moves before her turn), she will. She'll use an action point and Storm's Riposte to counter-attack in response to any attacks at her.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm finding the partial round postings really confusing, because the same action ends up being listed again when you do the complete round post.

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil - Round 6 actions

The elven archer adjusts his position, and continues to quickly fire off arrow after arrow at the elemental threatening the gnome. Aeranduil couldn't tell if he arrows were doing any good, but he had little else of use against foes such as these.

5' step to F19, Rapid Shot + Woodland Archery on Elemental #2.
Three arrows - Attack +15/+10/+15 for 1d8+7 each (if any arrow misses, each subsequent arrow receives a +4 to attack roll.

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
drothgery said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm finding the partial round postings really confusing, because the same action ends up being listed again when you do the complete round post.
OOC: This is why I'm holding off posting my actions until after the first Partial Round gets posted with most of the early actions taken care of. At least after I see what 2/3rds of the people in front of me do can I then make fairly accurate decsions on my action.

Voadam

Legend
"I've confounded their elemental minds for the moment, act quickly though, they'll shake it off in a minute." Voadam scans the action, knowing the chaotic effect of his spell and makes ready to move to rescue who he can depending on how the elementals act. His eye drawn to the plight of the second in command.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika cackles like a hyena at her lightning's success, and calls down further bolts to destroy the rogue creatures, vaguely hoping the crew won't be too badly singed...

OOC: [sblock]More lightning bolts, concentrating on Elemental #2[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round 6 - Partial

Initiative:

30 – Elemental #1 – (Moderately Wounded) - Confused – Reforms into base shape, flees away from Voadam (moves out of sight) – Crew dumped where elemental last was (D4)
28 – Elemental #2 – Attack Jaxel twice – one HIT for 13 damage
26 – Aeranduil (64/64) – Attack Elemental #2 w/ 3 arrows – 2 HITS for 27 damage before DR
21 – Elemental #3 (Moderately Wounded) – Attacks Dalwir once – MISS, Attacks Sanne HIT for 14 damage (Sanne uses 1 AP to riposte the attack) HIT for 34 damage
21 – Dalwir – Full attack on Elemental #3 with flaming rapier – 2 hits for 20 damage before DR
21 – Jaxel (47/75) –
17 – Ipshivi (46/46) – (in main cabin)
15 – Lieutenant -- Sees the unmoving crew member, pours a potion down his throat (#1)
14 – Sanne (29/65) – Attack Elemental #3 – one HIT for 20 damage before DR
9 – Yoggrith (84/90) –
5 – Morika (45/66) – Call Lightning on Elemental #2 for 21 damage
5 – Voadam (43/43) –
4 – Crew (8) – Crew #1 - #8 except #2, who is prone on the foredeck, dropped on the aft deck - spread out and drink potions.

After a quick glance at the whirlwind on the back deck, one can tell that the mind affecting magic has taken hold of it. The tornado is losing shape and cohesiveness, allowing the crew to flop out of it, unceremoniously, onto the deck below. The elemental continues for a few moments in this roughshod shape, then immediately bolts off of the deck, the last known direction being that of directly away from the wizard on the bow.

The second elemental, brings two more fists of air down onto the gnome, his is able to avoid the first, but the second cascades over his small form.

The elven archer adjusts his position, and continues to quickly fire off arrow after arrow at the elemental threatening the gnome. Aeranduil couldn't tell if he arrows were doing any good, but he had little else of use against foes such as these. Two of the three arrows struck something, at least he thought so.

Breathing a small sigh of relief as he sees his crew deposited miraculously on the deck, safely, he stares a moment at the elemental in front of him, who is also looked somewhat off drift. (Delay Action until after elemental #3 goes)

Shaking off the mind magics for a moment, the elemental between the two Lyrander captains decides that anyone near deserves a good pounding, so it sends a giant fist of air at both, the captain ducking under the attack, but Sanne was a touch slow, and receives another blow to her chest as a penalty. Her blade crackles with electrical energy, and she brings it down once more upon the appendage from the creature, striking the creature and sending vast amount of electricity into it. (AP used for Sanne’s riposte, HIT for 34 damage)

[Jaxels’ Action goes here]

Lieutenant Isolda, looking much worse for wear, quickly grabs a vial from her belt and pours the contents down the throat of one of her crew members, who was unmoving. He gasps and chokes immediately after, but motion is restored to his body.

"Well, creature, you cannot say that I failed to warn you." Sanne says, pressing her attack, her first slash hitting the creature, while the second passes through without any effect.

[Yoggrith’s Action goes here]

The storm has been summoned -- Morika cackles like a hyena at her lightning's success, and calls down further bolts to destroy the rogue creatures, vaguely hoping the crew won't be too badly singed... A robust bolt of lightning shoots out from the area where the whirlwind was, arcing through the air straight at the elemental on the foredeck, briefly lighting it up in the dark sky.

"I've confounded their elemental minds for the moment, act quickly though, they'll shake it off in a minute." Voadam scans the action, knowing the chaotic effect of his spell and makes ready to move to rescue who he can depending on how the elementals act. His eye drawn to the plight of the second in command.

[Voadam’s Action goes here]

The crew all quickly dash for cover from any other elementals and grasp vials at their belts.

Spells in Effect:

Yoggrith: Divine Favor (5 rounds), Spikes (8 hours), Bear’s Endurance (76 rounds)
Sanne: Weapon Infusion – Elemental Bane (197 rounds)
Morika: Master Air (5 rounds), Call Lightning (70 rounds or 7 bolts)
Voadam: Fly (48 rounds)

Conditions:

Elemental #1 – Confused (6 rounds)
Elemental #3 – Confused (6 rounds)

OOC:

Ship will decrease speed 20’/round for the next 5 rounds. Current ship speed is 40’

Attachments

• Round 6, Abovedecks.jpg
    Round 6, Abovedecks.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 74

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases