S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Readied action remain: Morika hits with last boulder first giant to become visible.

For the rest, I'll check up some spells from her list for details, but I think it will be simple strike with scimitar...if you don't here from me until monday, attack with scimitar. Thank you

Redclaw

First Post
Bloodstained spit flying from his bearded mouth, Thanor once again puts his axe to good work. Thank ye! he manages to shout to Yoggrith mid-swing. Despite his wounds, the dwarf seems happier and more alive than the others have seen him during their short association. The rest of ye, stay behind me shield. I'll keep 'em busy.
[sblock=ooc] AC: 25 (+4 vs. giants, +5 vs. ranged, +1 vs. Rosie 10)
Shield Block vs. Rosie 10
Full attack vs. Hill Giant 17, threat again (IC loves me for once), Roll Lookup, backed up with a 29, Roll Lookup, for 25 damage (1 shock).
Second attack, hits AC 22 for 18 damage (6 shock), Roll Lookup. [/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil stands his ground, sending arrow after arrow streaking into the fray!

AC 23, HP 64/64

Initiative +6 - Initiative Roll: 07
Full attack:
Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot and Adjust the Range/Woodland Archer.

3 arrows: +17/+12/+17 (1d8+9+2d6 bane)
- If "rosie" is dropped, Aeranduil will send arrows at the next available target.

[sblock=Adjust for Range]
Adjust for Range – If you miss a foe with a projectile weapon, you gain a +4 bonus on all other attacks in the same round to hit the same foe.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Sanne presses her attack, although she's a bit frustrated with the lack of room to manuever. Still, the giant in front of her leaves himself wide open for her first attack, though it does manage to recover to block her second.

[sblock=ooc]
atk 1, base dmg, electricity dmg; atk 2, base dmg, electricity dmg (1d20+13=33, 3d6+7=16, 1d6=2, 1d20+8=14, 3d6+7=21, 1d6=3)

critical hit extra damage (1d6+7=13)

Critical hit on the first attack for 31 damage (2 electricity); miss on the second (presumably).
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Initiative:

20 - Sanne - Attack HG #17, 1 HIT (crit confirmed) for 29 damage
16 - Thanor - Attack HG #17, 2 HIT (1 crit) for 43 damage
14 - Hill Giant #11 - Test of Mettle Save PASS, Reflex PASS
14 - Hill Giant #17 - Test of Mettle Save FAIL, Reflex PASS, attack Thanor - 1 HIT for 15 damage
14 - Rosie #8 - Test of Mettle Save PASS, Reflex FAIL, STR Check PASS
14 - Rosie #9 - Test of Mettle Save FAIL, Reflex Pass, attack Thanor - MISS
14 - Rosie #10 - Test of Mettle Save FAIL, Reflex FAIL, attack Thanor - MISS
14 - Rosie #11 - Test of Mettle Save FAIL, Reflex FAIL, STR Check FAIL
12 - Voadam - Cast Slow on giants
11 - Ipshivi - Watches the hallway
8 - Morika - Attack HG#17 - 1 HIT for 13 damage
7 - Aeranduil - Attack Rosie #9 - 2 HIT for 45 damage
3 - Yoggrith - Cast Cure Critical Wounds on Thanor curing 28 damage

Sanne presses her attack, although she's a bit frustrated with the lack of room to manuever. Still, the giant in front of her leaves himself wide open for her first attack, though it does manage to recover to block her second. Blood and gore spew forth from his belly.

Bloodstained spit flying from his bearded mouth, Thanor once again puts his axe to good work. Thank ye! he manages to shout to Yoggrith mid-swing. Despite his wounds, the dwarf seems happier and more alive than the others have seen him during their short association. The rest of ye, stay behind me shield. I'll keep 'em busy. The dwarf lands both of his blows, sending the giant reeling, barely able to keep his feet -- sending more blood and gore onto the floor and webbing.

The giants closest to Thanor strike out with their clubs once more -- but the webbing proves a worthy distraction, as all blows sail wide, except for the tall male giant standing closest to Thanor -- once again, freshly healed wounds burst open, sending blood and gore flying, only to be suspended in the webbing.

The three giants in the background cannot be directly seen at this point, due to the web.

Voadam incants words of power and gestures into the mass of webs, causing a few of the giants to appear to be moving in slow motion....

Pouncing upon the snared foe, Morika thrusts her rapier twice into the webbing and connects once, draining the remaining life out of the giant that was beating Thanor into paste.

Aeranduil shoots three more arrows into the room, aiming at the female that he shot at just moments before -- his first arrow hits true, but the other hits a large piece of sticky web, he corrects slightly and sends the last arrow into the forehead of the ugly beast, causing her to hang limply in the webbing.

The dark priest once again channels the power of the Shadow into the dwarf, sealing his wounds, but for how long, no one knows...
OOC:

Condition Summary:

Voadam: (43/43) - Mage Armor (~ 6 1/2 hrs), Wall of Ice (59/70 rounds)
Yoggrith: (90/90) - Spikes (~ 7 1/2 hrs), Bear's Endurance (46/80 rounds)
Aeranduil: (64/64)
Sanne: (45/65) - Giants Bane Infusion (165/200)
Morika: (64/66) - Barkskin (763/800)
Ipshivi: (46/46) - Spiderwalk, Walk Unseen)
Thanor: (73/110) - Entangled, loose

Hill Giant #11 - Entangled, slowed, total cover, loose
Hill Giant #17 - Entangled, loose, 132 damage, dead
Rosie #8 - Entangled, total cover, stuck
Rosie #9 - Entangled, slowed, loose, dead
Rosie #10 - Entlanged, loose
Rosie #11 - Entangled, total cover, slowed, stuck

Gray area is Web

Attachments

• Steading 4-7.11.jpg
    Steading 4-7.11.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Voadam incants words of power and gestures into the mass of webs.

ooc Voadam will cast a DC 16 will save slow spell upon the giants. I believe I can get them all.

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil steps forward, and targets any giants still actively fighting his companions.

AC 23, HP 64/64

Initiative +6 - Initiative Roll: 07
5' step, full attack:
Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot and Adjust the Range/Woodland Archer.

3 arrows: +17/+12/+17 (1d8+9+2d6 bane) vrs whichever giant looks most threatening.

[sblock=Adjust for Range]
Adjust for Range – If you miss a foe with a projectile weapon, you gain a +4 bonus on all other attacks in the same round to hit the same foe.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
"Can anyone clear a path in this webbing?" Sanne asks, seeing no way of getting around it to fight any of the remaining giants. And as her fighting style depends on her ability to move freely, she has no intention of going through it.

When Ishpvi warns of the oncoming wolves, she pivots, and stabs at them instead of trying to force her way to the giants.

[sblock=ooc]
Delay, then full attack the wolf at AZ52.

atk 1; base dmg 1; electricity dmg (1d20+13=24, 3d6+7=17, 1d6=1) I think a 24 hits; 17 standard damage and a point of lightning damage.

atk 2; base dmg 2; electricity dmg (1d20+8=23, 3d6+7=14, 1d6=6) I also think a 23 hits; 14 standard damage and 6 points of lightning damage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads