S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black - Page 12





+ Log in or register to post
Page 12 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1662
  1. #111
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    hero4hire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    3,711

    ψ Ignore hero4hire
    "Ooof!!! Thats enough of that!!!" Jaxel said after getting tagged again. He stepped over to a better position and crossed his shell-blades before him again.

    OOC: 5 foot step to c19 total defense action if it doesnt move I can probably pull off duck underneath in that direction.
    http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Filo_d%27Jorasco_(Hero4Hire)

 

  • #112
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,801

    ψ Ignore Rhun

    Aeranduil - Round 7 actions

    Heeding Voadam's words, the elven archer focuses his shots on the elemental not confounded by the wizard's spell.


    Rapid Shot + Woodland Archery on Elemental #2.
    Three arrows - Attack +15/+10/+15 for 1d8+7 each (if any arrow misses, each subsequent arrow receives a +4 to attack roll.
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • #113
    Morika laughs into the face of the whirlwinds and screams again into the sky, lightning playing along the clouds before spearing through the same elemental caught by her last attack.

    OOC:
    Spoiler:
    Calling another bolt on #2 please

  • #114
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    DEFCON 1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Burlington, MA
    Posts
    5,531

    ψ Ignore DEFCON 1

    HP 84/90 : AC 18 : Spells Remaining 6/5/5/3/3

    The khoravar's bravery at standing toe-to-toe with the whirlwind impresses the halfork. Yoggrith stands right behind her and summons life energy to his palm, which he releases by reaching out and placing his hand upon her shoulder. "Live. In the name of my Lord... live and fight."

    OOC: Cast Cure Critical Wounds on Sanne.

  • #115
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    drothgery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,235
    Blog Entries
    3

    ψ Ignore drothgery
    "Thank you sir," Sanne says after the halfork heals her.

    "Now, if you would assist the Captain and I in removing the presense of this creature, which is an affront to my House, I would appreciate it."

    OOC: Healed, Sanne continues to press her attack. She'll full attack the elemental if she can, and maintain a flanking position if she can. If the elemental moves out of her range, she'll move back to attack it (tumbling to avoid AoOs). And if attacked, she'll use another Storm's Riposte.
    Dave Rothgery

    PBP
    Spoiler:

    My EnWorld Blog
    Republic and Empire
    Buffverse M&M game

    Characters
    Active
    Sanne Bacher d'Lyrandar in S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

    Inactive
    Istara Kandorian in Ankh-Morpork Guard's Star Wars: Rebels with Style
    Eric Hassel (Quarterback) in Jemal's Mutant High
    Sariel in Rumspringa's Keep on the Shadowfell
    Khalia ir'Indari in DEFCON1's Eye of the Lich Queen
    Serrana Vao in Karl Green's Knights of the Old Republic (with 213 things Serrana can't do in the Jedi Order)
    Italimelk in Living ENWorld
    Daellin ir'Ayellan in stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    drothgery's Victorian Eberron game
    Star Wars/KotOR Era - The Second K'ril Incursion

  • #116
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    ψ Ignore s@squ@tch

    Round 6 - Complete


    Initiative:

    30 – Elemental #1 – (Moderately Wounded) - Confused – Reforms into base shape, flees away from Voadam (moves out of sight) – Crew dumped where elemental last was (D4)
    28 – Elemental #2 – Attack Jaxel twice – one HIT for 13 damage
    26 – Aeranduil (64/64) – Attack Elemental #2 w/ 3 arrows – 2 HITS for 27 damage before DR
    21 – Elemental #3 (Moderately Wounded) – Attacks Dalwir once – MISS, Attacks Sanne HIT for 14 damage (Sanne uses 1 AP to riposte the attack) HIT for 34 damage
    21 – Dalwir – Full attack on Elemental #3 with flaming rapier – 2 hits for 20 damage before DR
    21 – Jaxel (47/75) – 5’ step to C19, Total Defense
    17 – Ipshivi (46/46) – (in main cabin)
    15 – Lieutenant -- Sees the unmoving crew member, pours a potion down his throat (#1)
    14 – Sanne (56/65) – Attack Elemental #3 – one HIT for 20 damage before DR
    9 – Yoggrith (84/90) – Cast Cure Critical Wounds on Sanne – heals 27 hp
    5 – Morika (45/66) – Call Lightning on Elemental #2 for 21 damage
    5 – Voadam (43/43) – Cast Scorching Ray on Elemental #2 for 17 damage
    4 – Crew (8) – Crew #1 - #8 except #2, who is prone on the foredeck, dropped on the aft deck.


    After a quick glance at the whirlwind on the back deck, one can tell that the mind affecting magic has taken hold of it. The tornado is losing shape and cohesiveness, allowing the crew to flop out of it, unceremoniously, onto the deck below. The elemental continues for a few moments in this roughshod shape, then immediately bolts off of the deck, the last known direction being that of directly away from the wizard on the bow.

    The second elemental, brings two more fists of air down onto the gnome, his is able to avoid the first, but the second cascades over his small form.

    The elven archer adjusts his position, and continues to quickly fire off arrow after arrow at the elemental threatening the gnome. Aeranduil couldn't tell if he arrows were doing any good, but he had little else of use against foes such as these. Two of the three arrows struck something, at least he thought so.

    Breathing a small sigh of relief as he sees his crew deposited miraculously on the deck, safely, he stares a moment at the elemental in front of him, who is also looked somewhat off drift. (Delay Action until after elemental #3 goes)

    Shaking off the mind magics for a moment, the elemental between the two Lyrander captains decides that anyone near deserves a good pounding, so it sends a giant fist of air at both, the captain ducking under the attack, but Sanne was a touch slow, and receives another blow to her chest as a penalty. Her blade crackles with electrical energy, and she brings it down once more upon the appendage from the creature, striking the creature and sending vast amount of electricity into it. (AP used for Sanne’s riposte, HIT for 34 damage)

    "Ooof!!! Thats enough of that!!!" Jaxel said after getting tagged again. He stepped over to a better position and crossed his shell-blades before him again.

    Lieutenant Isolda, looking much worse for wear, quickly grabs a vial from her belt and pours the contents down the throat of one of her crew members, who was unmoving. He gasps and chokes immediately after, but motion is restored to his body.

    Well, creature, you cannot say that I failed to warn you." Sanne says, pressing her attack, her first slash hitting the creature, while the second passes through without any effect.


    The khoravar's bravery at standing toe-to-toe with the whirlwind impresses the halfork. Yoggrith stands right behind her and summons life energy to his palm, which he releases by reaching out and placing his hand upon her shoulder. "Live. In the name of my Lord... live and fight." (No AoO due to confusion – healed 27 hp)

    The storm has been summoned -- Morika cackles like a hyena at her lightning's success, and calls down further bolts to destroy the rogue creatures, vaguely hoping the crew won't be too badly singed... A robust bolt of lightning shoots out from the area where the whirlwind was, arcing through the air straight at the elemental on the foredeck, briefly lighting it up in the dark sky.

    "I've confounded their elemental minds for the moment, act quickly though, they'll shake it off in a minute." Voadam scans the action, knowing the chaotic effect of his spell and makes ready to move to rescue who he can depending on how the elementals act. His eye drawn to the plight of the second in command.

    Seeing the crewmen safe for the moment Voadam turns his attention to the nearest Elemental and fires off a twin blast of fiery magical pilum towards it. One flies wide but the other strikes true, pitting magical fire against elemental air.

    The crew all quickly dash for cover from any other elementals and grasp vials at their belts.


    Spells in Effect:

    Yoggrith: Divine Favor (5 rounds), Spikes (8 hours), Bear’s Endurance (76 rounds)
    Sanne: Weapon Infusion – Elemental Bane (197 rounds)
    Morika: Master Air (5 rounds), Call Lightning (79 rounds or 7 bolts)
    Voadam: Fly (48 rounds)

    Conditions:

    Elemental #1 – Confused (6 rounds)
    Elemental #3 – Confused (6 rounds)

    OOC:

    Ship will decrease speed 20’/round for the next 5 rounds. Current ship speed is 40’
    Red dot by Elemental denotes Confusion
    I hope the partial round posting method was less confusing with the missing actions highlighted. Let me know about any suggestions you might have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Round 6, Abovedecks.jpg  
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #117
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    s@squ@tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Carmel-not-by-the-sea, IN
    Posts
    4,172

    ψ Ignore s@squ@tch

    Round 7 - Partial


    Initiative:

    30 – Elemental #1 – (Lightly Wounded) - Confused – Reappears ~ 60’ off stern
    28 – Elemental #2 – (Severely Wounded) - Attack Jaxel twice – one HIT for 18 damage
    26 – Aeranduil (64/64) – Attack Elemental #2 w/ 3 arrows – 3 HITS for 35 damage before DR
    21 – Elemental #3 (Severely Wounded) – Attacks Dalwir HIT for 13 damage, Attacks Sanne HIT for 8 damage (Sanne uses 1 AP to riposte the attack) MISS
    21 – Dalwir – Full attack on Elemental #3 with flaming rapier – 1 hit for 13 damage before DR
    21 – Jaxel (29/75) –
    17 – Ipshivi (46/46) – (in main cabin)
    15 – Lieutenant -- Spots elemental #1, drinks potion
    14 – Sanne (56/65) – Full Attack on Elemental #3 – two HITS for 51 damage before DR
    9 – Yoggrith (84/90) –
    5 – Morika (45/66) – Call Lightning on Elemental #1 for 10 damage
    5 – Voadam (43/43) –
    4 – Crew (8) – Crew #1 - #8 except #2, who is prone on the foredeck, running for the cabin/shelter.


    Yoggrith and Sanne both spot the form of the huge elemental a small distance off of the stern of the ship.

    The second elemental, brings two more fists of air down onto the gnome, his is able to avoid the first, but the second cascades over his small form cracking his freshly knit rips.

    Heeding Voadam's words, the elven archer focuses his shots on the elemental not confounded by the wizard's spell. All three arrows strike true, the elemental sputters once, then explodes into hundreds of unorganized torrents of wind.

    Its brain scrambled, the elemental continues to lash out at its attackers, catching Dalwir and Sanne with slashing tendrils of air. Sanne swings her crackling rapier once again in response, but loses her footing on some blowing flotsam on the deck, spoiling the attempt.
    (AP used for Sanne’s riposte, MISS)

    Dalwir lunges at the elemental twice and manages to connect once, further wounding the creature.

    [Jaxel’s Action here]

    Lieutenant Isolda, spotting the form of the elemental off the aft pulpit, screams,”ITS BACK!” and grabs a vial from her belt and drinks it. All her visible wounds disappear.

    "Thank you sir," Sanne says after the halfork heals her.

    "Now, if you would assist the Captain and I in removing the presense of this creature, which is an affront to my House, I would appreciate it.”

    The elemental appears somewhat startled by the scream from the first-mate, and Sanne capitalizes on it, executing a quick spin and slashing twice with her glowing rapier, infusing the creature with an enormous amount of electricity, which breaks down the last vestige of will keeping the mass of air together – its form breaks down into several gusts of air, which scatter to the four winds.

    [Yoggrith’s Action Here]

    Hearing the scream from the back deck, Morika spots the dark form of the elemental. She laughs into the face of the whirlwinds and screams again into the sky, lightning playing along the clouds before spearing through the elemental which has made its way back into view. She grimaces slightly when she notices that the lightning stroke was not as powerful as before.

    [Voadam’s Action Here]



    Spells in Effect:

    Yoggrith: Divine Favor (4 rounds), Spikes (8 hours), Bear’s Endurance (75 rounds)
    Sanne: Weapon Infusion – Elemental Bane (196 rounds)
    Morika: Master Air (4 rounds), Call Lightning (78 rounds or 6 bolts)
    Voadam: Fly (47 rounds)

    Conditions:

    Elemental #1 – Confused (5 rounds)

    OOC:

    Ship will decrease speed 20’/round for the next 1 rounds. Current ship speed is 20’
    Elemental #1 is 60' off of the stern (roughly about G(-12))
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Round 7, Abovedecks.jpg  
    Characters I play


    Toman Kenthur Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 2 - in Strahd's Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth
    Virashil N'al Sil Sorcerer 5/Dragonheart Mage 2 - in renau1q's RHOD
    Delkat Kraylin Cleric 6 - in Rhun's Ravenloft
    Marot the Deadly Warlock 6/Enlightened Spirit 2 - in Stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Derrenil Llirthyn Cleric 7 - HM's Mystery of the Drow
    Lenuran of Lortmills Bard 6 - in Strahd's RttTOEE
    S@squ@tch's PbP Character Thread


    Games I DM

    Against the Giants - Team Black: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Team Gold: RG IC OOC
    Against the Giants - Alternate RG:RG

  • #118
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voadam's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Burke
    Posts
    17,188

    ψ Ignore Voadam
    Voadam scowls at the elemental's reappearance and with a violent gesture flings four darts of pure magic to streak unerringly towards the elemental off the stern. Remembering a bit about elemental's and their element affinities, he glides back down to the ship deck for the moment.

    ooc Magic missile 12 hp damage http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1408243
    PBP games:

    Death in Freeport IC OOC Adversaries RG Info
    Wildwood IC Old IC II OOC RG Info Old IC Monsters
    Dwarven Vengeance Monsters

    ToEE Sir Merrick OOC IC Old IC
    RToEE Inquisitor Miltiades OOC IC Old IC
    Ptolus Longcoat Garn OOC
    Against the Giants Voadam IC OOC
    Pool of Radiance Kordunn IC Combat OOC Info
    Invasion of Mori Snargle fiendish troll rogue IC OOC
    Red Hand of DoomSir Conrad Cyr Tiefling Soulknife


    Old Games

  • #119
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    DEFCON 1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Burlington, MA
    Posts
    5,531

    ψ Ignore DEFCON 1

    HP 84/90 : AC 18 : Spells Remaining 6/5/5/3/2

    "It's moved to the back, has it? Interesting." Yoggrith murmurs amidst the chaos. His eyes close momentarily to get a sense of whose life force is ebbing, then begins moving straight at that person.

    OOC: If Crewman #2 (listed as the one who is prone on deck) is actually hurt or unconscious, Yoggrith will move to him and cast Cure Moderate Wounds on him. If the crewman is actually okay but just prone because he fell down, Yoggrith will make a double move back to Jaxel (as he is the most hurt of the party).

  • #120
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    drothgery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,235
    Blog Entries
    3

    ψ Ignore drothgery
    With no elementals on the ship where her rapier can reach them, Sanne assists the Captain in ordering the crew into position to fight off further attacks, and moves to the stern herself, preparing to attack the elemental if and when it passes over the airship again.
    Dave Rothgery

    PBP
    Spoiler:

    My EnWorld Blog
    Republic and Empire
    Buffverse M&M game

    Characters
    Active
    Sanne Bacher d'Lyrandar in S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

    Inactive
    Istara Kandorian in Ankh-Morpork Guard's Star Wars: Rebels with Style
    Eric Hassel (Quarterback) in Jemal's Mutant High
    Sariel in Rumspringa's Keep on the Shadowfell
    Khalia ir'Indari in DEFCON1's Eye of the Lich Queen
    Serrana Vao in Karl Green's Knights of the Old Republic (with 213 things Serrana can't do in the Jedi Order)
    Italimelk in Living ENWorld
    Daellin ir'Ayellan in stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    drothgery's Victorian Eberron game
    Star Wars/KotOR Era - The Second K'ril Incursion

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black OOC - Grinding
      By s@squ@tch in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 941
      Last Post: Friday, 30th September, 2011, 06:57 PM
    2. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold
      By s@squ@tch in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1386
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 02:18 PM
    3. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black
      By s@squ@tch in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: Friday, 26th August, 2011, 04:14 AM
    4. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold
      By s@squ@tch in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 28
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th August, 2011, 06:07 PM
    5. S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black - need one PC
      By s@squ@tch in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2008, 02:04 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •