S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

pathfinderq1

First Post
With a soft cluck of dismay, Ipshivi scampered forward along the ceiling, intent on getting a better look at the situation...

[sblock= OOC]
>Moving along the ceiling, double move forward to AE 41
>Survey the situation from there; Quick Reconnaisance feat allows Spot/Listen check as free action; Spot +8= 13/Listen +12= 20; rolls Roll Lookup

>If the situation is noteworthy, relay info to party
>Invocations active (Essentially always on, if one drops, she would use her next action to reinvoke): See the Unseen (darkvision/See Invisible), Spiderwalk, Entropic warding, Walk Unseen
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post

Surprise Round:
Aeranduil - Manyshot vs. Giant #41 - MISS!

Initiative:

16 - Sanne - Run to AG40
16 - Thanor - Run to AG39
16 - Voadam - Move to AF50
16 - Ipshivi - Move to AH36
16 - Morika - Move to AE48, shoot sling @ giant - HIT for 10 damage
16 - Aeranduil - Full attack Giant #41 - 2 HIT for 38 damage
16 - Yoggrith - Double Move to AG44
10 - Giant #42 - Advance, attack Thanor - MISS
10 - Giant #41 - Advance, attack Thanor - MISS
10 - Ogre #10 - Advance, attack Thanor - MISS

Aeranduil sizes up his next target, nocks two arrows on his bowstring, and lets loose -- a gasp of surprise comes from the giants in the next room as both arrows streak past their intended target, plunging into a hide on the wall behind him, the noise of their impact somewhat muffled.

[sblock=ipshivi]
Ipshivi sees a double door on the southeast wall of the room, it is currently closed. You see two male hill giants, and one ogre, they were seated at the table, engaged in some sort of game, as you see a few copper and silver pieces on it, with some bones and sticks.
[/sblock]

[d] aaa [/d]
First Round:
"Come on," Sanne says, dragging Thanor along. "We don't want to stand back and wait for them to throw rocks at us."

"Aye lass," nods the knight as he sets out on a run as fast as his little legs can carry him.

Voadam stays slightly behind the others, as if contemplating what he really is supposed to be doing here.

Ipshivi continued to scamper across the ceiling, moving into position to be able to surprise the big enemies once they moved forward to engage.

Morika moves forward, ready to charge the giants if they show hostile intent. Her form changes again, her posture lowers and horns grow out of her head. From somewhere she pulls the sling and flings the stone at the giant the elf tried to fell, barely hitting it on the lower left kneecap, garnering a cry of pain from the giant.

Aeranduil swears under his breath, unaccustomed to missing his target...especially when said target was unaware of his presence. Stepping to get a better angle, the elf draws a breath to steady himself, and begins sending his arrows streaking toward the giant - 2 of the three arrows strike true.

The giants advance slightly, slamming their clubs towards Thanor, but the dwarf deftly evades both, along with the feeble attempt by the ogre.

OOC:

Condition Summary:

Voadam: (43/43) - Mage Armor (~ 6 hrs), Wall of Ice (35/70 rounds), Mirror Image - 4 images (48/70 rounds)
Yoggrith: (95/90) - Spikes (~ 7 1/2 hrs), Bear's Endurance (23/80 rounds), +2 STR, +1 CL, 5 temp HP from Death Knell (119 minutes)
Aeranduil: (64/64) -
Sanne: (65/65) - Giants Bane Infusion (150/200)
Morika: (66/66) - Barkskin (738/800)
Ipshivi: (46/46) - Spiderwalk, Walk Unseen
Thanor: (107/107) - Shield of Faith (65/80 rounds)

Ogre #10 -
Giant #42 -
Giant #41 - 48 damage

***FYI - starting this combat, all future initiative will be same for the party -- so you will all act, then enemies, etc, etc to simplify and speed things up a bit. ***

Attachments

• Steading 35.jpg
    Steading 35.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil swears under his breath, unaccustomed to missing his target...especially when said target was unaware of his presence. Stepping to get a better angle, the elf draws a breath to steady himself, and begins sending his arrows streaking toward the giant.

AC 23, HP 64/64

5' step to AG50, full attack vrs. Hill Giant 41

3 arrows, using Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot and Adjust the Range/Woodland Archer: +17/+12/+17 (1d8+10+2d6 bane).

[sblock=Adjust for Range]
Adjust for Range – If you miss a foe with a projectile weapon, you gain a +4 bonus on all other attacks in the same round to hit the same foe.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Do the giants appear to be carrying any ranged weapons? If not, Sanne's going to wait for them to move first, because she can't reach them with a charge.

drothgery

First Post
"Come on," Sanne says, dragging Thanor along. "We don't want to stand back and wait for them to throw rocks at us."

OOC: Move forward as many squares as the dwarf can move in one round, staying next to him.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I know, I know! Sorry, I'm more in the warehouse then in the office these days (new system implementation) - I'll find the time today, I promise!
Hey, I see on the map that my move hasn't been taken into account here. Is that because it was surprise round?

Anyhow:

Morika moves forward, ready to charge the giants if they show hostile intent. Her form changes again, her posture lowers and horns grow out of her head. From somewhere she pulls the sling and flings the stone at the giant the elf tried to fell.

(move 25' forward into AE row, ready to charge if/when giants come into range, waiting as long as she can before charging).
Att: ranged +8 (1d4+6/x2/50 ft./B, sling) vs Hill Giant 41

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi continued to scamper across the ceiling, moving into position to be able to surprise the big enemies once they moved forward to engage.

[sblock= OOC]
>Move forward along the ceiling to AH 36- once the giants move up to melee, Ipshivi will have a clean shot at their backs- and she can keep an eye on that door in case reinforcements decide to show up.

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases