S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round 10 - End of Combat

Initiative:

30 – Elemental #1 – (Near Death) - Confused – Attacks Sanne twice, two hits for 20 damage
26 – Aeranduil (64/64) –Attack Elemental #1, 2 hit for 18 damage before DR

End of Combat

The babbling of the elemental abruptly ceases, it appears to scan its surroundings then savagely attacks Sanne, striking her twice and opening up several tears in her clothing and lacerations along her torso.

Almost simultaneously, the elven archer has already launched the first arrow of his next volley, it impacts the creature mere moments after its attack, followed shortly by the second and third arrows. The elemental wavers a moment, then silently dissipates into nothing.

Party Condition at end of combat:

Yoggrith: 84/90
Sanne: 36/65
Morika: 45/66
Jaxel: 56/75

[sblock= drothgery]
Used my DM's prerogative and didn't have you use an AP for the riposte, as it would have been complete overkill (thing had 4 hp left after your crit) :) And you'll need those AP's soon enough. :]
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
[sblock= drothgery]
Used my DM's prerogative and didn't have you use an AP for the riposte, as it would have been complete overkill (thing had 4 hp left after your crit) :) And you'll need those AP's soon enough. :]
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM]
Quite. There's a reason why her 9th level build had Heroic Spirit; she burns through APs pretty quickly in combat.
[/sblock]

"I am not an expert on these things," Sanne says when the last of the elementals has been destroyed. "But these creatures are usually summoned, are they not? I've flown this route quite a few times, and attacks by elementals are not a regular occurance."

And one should hope that little display erased any doubts they had of my competence. With a blade, anyway.

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Voadam]

Due to your insanely high Knowledge (The Planes) modifier, you happen to remember this passage from a text you perused in an old bookshop in Sharn:

"The presence of free-roaming elementals is one of the mysteries of the Thunder Sea. Some sages claim that the Xen'drik cataclysm spread manifest zones far beyond the continent, drawing water, air, and storm elementals from Lammania and Kythri. Whatever the reason, the elementals are angry and aggressive when encountered in the region, and they are especially hostile towards any bound-elemental vessels."

[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Yoggrith looks around deck at the banged-up forms of many of the sailors and party members and he says in a quiet voice. "Gather together and I will infuse your bodies with The Shadow's blessing. I will use the power He has given me and pray that we face no other hardships tonight."

OOC: Yoggrith will use whatever remaining spell power he has to heal people back to full. Both party members and any sailors who need it.

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil brushes a stray lock of copper colored hair out of his eyes, and peers around the ship. Seeing the threats vanquished, the elf lowers his bow. He moves to join his companions and find out what they have to say about the attack.

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
[sblock=Voadam]

Due to your insanely high Knowledge (The Planes) modifier, you happen to remember this passage from a text you perused in an old bookshop in Sharn:

"The presence of free-roaming elementals is one of the mysteries of the Thunder Sea. Some sages claim that the Xen'drik cataclysm spread manifest zones far beyond the continent, drawing water, air, and storm elementals from Lammania and Kythri. Whatever the reason, the elementals are angry and aggressive when encountered in the region, and they are especially hostile towards any bound-elemental vessels."

[/sblock]

[sblock=DM]
Doesn't this kind of fall under something that an experienced airship officer would know?
[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
drothgery said:
[sblock=DM]
Quite. There's a reason why her 9th level build had Heroic Spirit; she burns through APs pretty quickly in combat.
[/sblock]

"I am not an expert on these things," Sanne says when the last of the elementals has been destroyed. "But these creatures are usually summoned, are they not? I've flown this route quite a few times, and attacks by elementals are not a regular occurance."

And one should hope that little display erased any doubts they had of my competence. With a blade, anyway.

Voadam lands on the deck and retracts the wings into his boots "Elemental attacks are not a regular occurrence but I have read of them. At first I worried about the power of the summoner of these, but upon reflection I think they were uncontrolled elementals. Elementals are not native to the mortal plane and usually manifest here due to magics. Summoning takes a lot of power to bring a relatively small elemental under your command though. These were too big to have been summoned by normal magics. The presence of free-roaming elementals is one of the mysteries of the Thunder Sea. Some sages claim that the Xen'drik cataclysm spread manifest zones far beyond the continent, drawing water, air, and storm elementals from Lammania and Kythri. Whatever the reason for their presence, I have read that the elementals are angry and aggressive when encountered in the region, and they are especially hostile towards any bound-elemental vessels. This seems to comport with the nature and behaviour of the ones that attacked us. "

s@squ@tch

First Post
drothgery said:
[sblock=DM]
Doesn't this kind of fall under something that an experienced airship officer would know?
[/sblock]

[sblock=drothgery]
I'd say that Dalwir and Sanne would be aware that there are an abnormal amount of unbound elementals in the Thunder Sea area that are naturally occuring, but unaware as of the origin or reasons why.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil raises an eyebrow at the wizard's words. "Indeed. We shall have to keep out eyes open for any more such surprises." Turning to survey the injured, the elf continues. "What of the butcher's bill?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases