S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

s@squ@tch

First Post
For Aeranduil:

At first glance, this place looks unused, but there is a faint gling of light frmo the west wall -- was that the gleam of light reflected from a gem? You see a pile of coffers, one tipped which has spilled its contents onto the floor -- gems and jewelry!

Attachments

• Steading 46.PNG
    Steading 46.PNG
    201.6 KB · Views: 62

Rhun

First Post
Seeing the horde of wealth in the chamber, but no guardians, Aeranduil carefully retraces his steps back down the corridor and back up the stairs to rejoin his companions.

"Looks like a treasure room below," he reports, stepping silently from the shadows of the stairwell. "No guardians that I could see, so it could be a trap. If we decide to descend, I recommend doing so very cautiously."

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Cody Dylan Overstreet, Unseen Seer

The other captive, a halfling, pulls the sack from over his head. "Well, thank you for that," he says. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sanne d'Lyrandar. I'm Cody Dylan Overstreet, once from Sharn and currently a resident of Xendrik. I appreciate the help. I'm not sure how Forivarra and I ended up here. We were ready for giants, we ran into giants, and yet ... " he holds his hands out. It turns into a stretch.

"Well, now that we're out, let's get our stuff back and start killing some giants. It's not like I was gunning for them when I got here, but now that we've been tied up I think we need to settle the score. Where's my stuff?" Cody collects his things from the other room and suits up.

"So, what's the plan? We gonna go kick some more butt now?"

ooc: I'm here. I don't think I took anyones color, but I'll change if I did.

Leif

Adventurer
Forivarra d'Deneith, Human Duskblade (least Sentinel Dragonmark)

Having discovered the pile of his and Cody's gear, Forivarra accouters himself appropriately. "Ahh, that's much better, yes indeed!" Turning to his compatriot Mr. Overstreet, Forivarra says, "If they're about to rest, then I suppose that puts you and I at the top of the list to stand watches, since they have so graciously rescued us. ;) I'll stand the first watch, wake you when it's your turn, and then you can wake me again if you must. I hope I can squeeze in enough sleep to renew my spell powers."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You do know we would be crazy to let you guard us without any of us awake, right? Unless The Houses formally agree to that. If I don't get my beauty sleep I'll be real cranky in the morning. I might summon a swarm of bed bugs to lull you to sleep."

Morika bursts into laughter, braying and snorting for a moment.
She then straightens to her full five feet height and offer the hand.

"I am Morika Kevsecks, a Greensinger."

The grip of smallish woman is like iron vice, strength barely surpassed by strongest men in lithe body.

Leif

Adventurer

"Well met, Morika. Since you mention 'houses', I don't immediately deduce your house from your surname. What is your house again?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
She looks at Frovarra like he's from one of the moons.

"What House? Isn't it obvious enough that I'm shifter? We don't have The House. We don't want one, either. We just want to be left alone. Sanne is d'Lyrander."

Leif

Adventurer

"Very well, very well, no need to be hostile. We can't all be Dragonmarked, now, can we?"

OOC: What I'm imagining as a model for this scene is the part of "Animal House" where the wet-behind-the-ears fresman asks the tough black guys in the bar, 'So what fraternity are you guys in?'

drothgery

First Post
"I've spent most of my life as a trader, and the House regards me as a quite skilled negotiator." Sanne said (OOC: She's got a +10 to Diplomacy, anyway, even if I can't always write it right), throwing up her hands. "But there are some messes even I can't clean up."

"Very well, very well, no need to be hostile. We can't all be Dragonmarked, now, can we?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases