S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ipshivi said:
"I don't suppose any of you feel like giving me a lift- that cloud he threw off really sapped my energy."
The halfork looks to where the voice is coming from, although the young halfling is no longer in view. "Are you hurt, Miss Unseen? What can The Shadow do for you?"

pathfinderq1

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
The halfork looks to where the voice is coming from, although the young halfling is no longer in view. "Are you hurt, Miss Unseen? What can The Shadow do for you?"

"Not hurt- not really. Just tired, all of a sudden- I'd guess that weird cloud caused it. A bit of rest and I'll be fine." The quiet voice from the air heaves a bit of a sigh. "It would have been worth it if we had caught him..."

s@squ@tch

First Post
End of Combat

The trail had run cold.

Once the invisible man had entered the trees, any hope of catching him had disappeared.

Not even the halflings otherworldly vision could pierce the dense canopy of leaves and branches - nor could the shifters eyes and ears track its quarry.

After a brief period of time, the sickly gray cloud dissapates, leaving the shiny and sticky webs the only reminder of the encounter.

The Tharashk halfork returns to the group, looks over the webs strewn over the giant stone block, then looks at the group.

"I assume whatever has transpired here has been resolved. If so, then please follow me."

Voadam

Legend
Voadam snaps his fingers and says "Begone." the dreadwraith folds in upon itself forming a black sphere that contracts until it dissapears. Voadam returns his wand to his magical backpack and joins back with the rest of the group. Approaching where Ipshivi is speaking he says to the guide as he passes "One moment more if you please and we will join you." When he reaches the invisible halfling he says "While it is still fresh in you vision describe this man in as much detail as you can, so that we might recognize him later if we see him when he is not cloaked by magic. Hair color, eye color, scars, tattoos, distinguishing features would all be useful identifying marks."

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Ipshivi]
These are the details you were able to remember about the man: he wore studded leather, a green cloak, short, close cropped dark hair, and some sort of bludgeoning weapon swinging from his belt.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:

"I assume whatever has transpired here has been resolved. If so, then please follow me."

"I suspect it has merely been put in abeyance." Sanne said. "Whatever that was, he, she, or it got away."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Voadam said:
Voadam snaps his fingers and says "Begone." the dreadwraith folds in upon itself forming a black sphere that contracts until it dissapears. Voadam returns his wand to his magical backpack and joins back with the rest of the group. Approaching where Ipshivi is speaking he says to the guide as he passes "One moment more if you please and we will join you." When he reaches the invisible halfling he says "While it is still fresh in you vision describe this man in as much detail as you can, so that we might recognize him later if we see him when he is not cloaked by magic. Hair color, eye color, scars, tattoos, distinguishing features would all be useful identifying marks."

Ipshivi considered for a moment, gathering her breath in the pause as she went over what she could remember of the spy. "A human, male, with short dark hair and a green cloak- lightly armed, just a mace and studded armor... And he cast that cloud, and flew off, so probably a spellcaster, though I can't say which powers he employed. Between his cloak, that cloud, and the webs, I didn't get too close a look."

OOC: Spellcraft, at +5, to see if she can figure what kind of magic he was using?

pathfinderq1

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
The Tharashk halfork returns to the group, looks over the webs strewn over the giant stone block, then looks at the group.

"Does it not bother you, to have invisible spies watching over you and the dealings your House is to have with people who have come to help? If this is common, it is easy to see how those expeditions were compromised..." Now the invisible voice had a hint of petulance to it- things were not starting off well.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Barrak's ears perk up at the invisible voice, but does not turn towards the sound.

"I am a hunter. I track then kill. If I cannot track it, then I cannot kill it. Under no circumstances will I waste my time on something that I cannot succeed at hunting. I am, however, reporting this to my superiors at the enclave."

[sblock=Ipshivi]
You were unable to determine the source of his flight or invisibility, but you identified the conjuration of the sickening cloud as that of eldritch magic. (Miasmic Cloud)
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
Barrak's ears perk up at the invisible voice, but does not turn towards the sound.

"I am a hunter. I track then kill. If I cannot track it, then I cannot kill it. Under no circumstances will I waste my time on something that I cannot succeed at hunting. I am, however, reporting this to my superiors at the enclave."

There is the barest hint of a chuckle at that. "That is actually a very fine attitude, I think. Some of us just hunt our prey differently. As long as the matter is not swept aside, and we stay ready for further such visitors, I'll complain no further."

Remove ads