S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Yoggrith looks past the grizzled human but says to him quietly "What denominations of temple does this city have? I would like to commune with my god for a while if we are not leaving right away."

drothgery

First Post
"I believe that I will check in with the House," She says, clearly meaning Lyrandar, "And then see what they -- and the denizens of this town have to say about our mission. Since the latter is likely to be rather enjoyable -- at least if one enjoys taverns in port towns -- does anyone wish to accompany me?" Sanne asks.

Voadam

Legend
s@squ@tch said:
He looks over the otherworldly wizard, then begins,"Aye, you are correct about the creatures native to this land -- they can be unnatural as snow in the middle of summer to those from the mainland. After a while down here, you start to accept them -- grow used to seeing the oddities."

He shakes his head while continuing his diatribe.

"But lately, reports of unusual creatures -- by Xen'drik standards -- have become much more commonplace. Hardly an expedition returns without some mention of some monstrosity of a creature that defies all logic."

"No one knows what to think about this."

Voadam smiles warming to the subject "I have experience dealing with beings from other worlds. I would like to see reports that were made on such encounters, and talk to the men or women who have directly encountered such oddities. I would like to know if these creatures have commonalities or what the points of divergence among them are. I will need more details. Also if you have a house library with lorebooks on the magical aspects, local beasties, and giant and drow politics, I would appreciate being granted access to them. Similiarly, if there are any House sages, loremasters, or jungle guides I would appreciate an introduction and opportunity to speak with them."

Voadam

Legend
drothgery said:
"I believe that I will check in with the House," She says, clearly meaning Lyrandar, "And then see what they -- and the denizens of this town have to say about our mission. Since the latter is likely to be rather enjoyable -- at least if one enjoys taverns in port towns -- does anyone wish to accompany me?" Sanne asks.

Voadam flashes Sanne a broad smile "Thank you for the offer, I could use a good mead, but for now I believe I would like to follow up on these issues raised by our employers."

s@squ@tch

First Post
The gruff druid gets up from her seat and walks out of the great hall, mumbling something about talking to some animals.

[sblock=Morika]
You wander around, following one of the larger walkways in the ward, heading generally westward, a large palace (#22 on map), then pass under a giant-sized archway, entering a different ward of the city.

A few minutes later, you clear another building and notice that you see no more giant sized walls or archways anymore -- you can see trees not to far off in the distance. Crossing over a canal, you see large tents off to your left (#2 on map).

At this point, you are outside of the city proper, walking along a road, with the trees and bushes growing more dense.

You are unfamiliar with the flora and fauna of this land, but are able to attract the attention of several small furry creatures, which resemble squirrels, but green, with smooth, scaly skin.

They are delighted when you offer them some tidbits of food and begin to chatter loudly.

"Food! Food! Food!" Is most often heard from them while you ask them questions about what they have seen.

But they are able to convey to you that they see all sizes of humanoids and creatures travelling to and from the city. Rarely do any stop and give them any food.

After you realize that the squirrel-like creatures really don't have anything of interest to talk about besides trees and hoarding nuts for the coming dry season, you set out, off of the main road, hoping to run across something a little more intelligent.

After walking through the jungle for maybe a half hour, you feel some vibrations underfoot -- something large is walking your way.

Moments later, a large hill giant carrying a basket ladened with various greens bursts into view from between two large trees. He nods to you and continues walking -- in the direction of Stormreach. You notice that although he is walking swiftly through the underbrush, he leaves no trail.
[/sblock]

Meanwhile, back at the Tharashk Greathall:

"If yer looking for churchs and such, I'd head towards the Keep of the Silver Flame (#3 on map). Stormreach ain't exactly a religious city, but all of 'em are grouped together over there. No matter what, they'll have ya covered."

He then turns to Voadam.

"We're not well stocked with books and such about the local beasties -- our main mission down here is to keep the dragonshards moving back to Khorvaire. But we do have some logs and journals from previous expeditions that I can show you, along with give you a good run-down on whats out in the jungle -- and thinking.

The person to talk to about magical items and such would be Valexa -- she runs an antiquity shop (#1 on map) just west of the bazaar, but short of the palace. We do a good business by selling any odd relics we find to her -- she seems to know a bit about everything down here."

"As for the jungle guides and such -- survival in the jungles and lands of Xen'drik is best accomplished by getting to know the land -- the Traveller's Curse is not just some fairy tale made up to scare mainlanders -- it can get you lost."

[sblock=Voadam]
I'm trying to understand a bit more about your background -- so you came to this planet by the act of a higher power in another realm, so you were, or were not an aasimar wizard before you came to Eberron? i.e. did your race and class change?
[/sblock]

At this point, the lithe Lyrander scion stands up and says,"I believe that I will check in with the House," clearly meaning Lyrandar, "And then see what they -- and the denizens of this town have to say about our mission. Since the latter is likely to be rather enjoyable -- at least if one enjoys taverns in port towns -- does anyone wish to accompany me?" Sanne asks.

OOC:
OK, so Morika is in the woods, Voadam is going to sit down with Nardon and go over some local info (Jaxel will stay with Voadam), Yoggrith is going to find the local temple to the Shadow, and Sanne is heading to the Lyrander Enclave.

How 'bout Ipshivi and the elf?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika: [sblock]Looks at the giant's non-existant trail for a moment, and then a candle lights in her head. Hurrying to catch up with him, she speaks in the Druidic tongue, "Hoy there! I be needing to speak with ye!"[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
s@squ@tch said:
"If yer looking for churchs and such, I'd head towards the Keep of the Silver Flame (#3 on map). Stormreach ain't exactly a religious city, but all of 'em are grouped together over there. No matter what, they'll have ya covered."
The halfork rises and nods to the man, then he nods to the rest of his companions. "I will be back here within two hours. If plans are made to leave before then, please send someone for me and I will return."

Yogrrith then turns and makes his way to the Keep Of The Silver Flame.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Morika: [sblock]Looks at the giant's non-existant trail for a moment, and then a candle lights in her head. Hurrying to catch up with him, she speaks in the Druidic tongue, "Hoy there! I be needing to speak with ye!"[/sblock]

[sblock=Morika]

You hurry after the giant, trying to keep him in sight through the dense underbrush. After several tries of hailing him in a normal voice, without success, you give a loud holler,"Hoy there! I be needing to speak with ye!"

The loud footfalls cease momentarily and you hear from up ahead in a low, booming voice,"Ah, 'tis always good ta hear the tongue of nature."

"Now, where ya be, who ya be, and what ya need?"
[/sblock]

[sblock=Yoggrith]
You head towards the Keep of the Silver Flame, keeping an eye out for any telltale sign of the Shadow as you enter the new ward.

Rising high into the air before you, the Keep is quite an imposing sight -- the architecture looks much newer than the other buildings you've seen so far. Large banners emblazoned with the flame hang from the numerous buttresses of the keep. You notice several units of flamic guards practicing marching in the afternoon sun.

You circle around the keep, and notice that the old humans words were correct -- various churches and shrines to the various deities have been erected in this area. It appears it is just a matter of time before you locate your own.

Minutes later, you see a small, non-descript building, in the shadow of the keep, upon the entryway you spot a bas-relief that appears to be a rough-shod staff.

You step inside, and see a simple room with several tables and chairs, all of which stand empty, sans one brown robed human, who looks over you with a questioning eye.

After seeing your staff and symbol, the man nods and with a gravelly voice says,"Greetings, brother. How may the Shadow assist you?"

[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
s@squ@tch said:
He then turns to Voadam.

"We're not well stocked with books and such about the local beasties -- our main mission down here is to keep the dragonshards moving back to Khorvaire. But we do have some logs and journals from previous expeditions that I can show you, along with give you a good run-down on whats out in the jungle -- and thinking.

The person to talk to about magical items and such would be Valexa -- she runs an antiquity shop (#1 on map) just west of the bazaar, but short of the palace. We do a good business by selling any odd relics we find to her -- she seems to know a bit about everything down here."

"As for the jungle guides and such -- survival in the jungles and lands of Xen'drik is best accomplished by getting to know the land -- the Traveller's Curse is not just some fairy tale made up to scare mainlanders -- it can get you lost."

[/COLOR]

"Very good, thank you. The more pieces I can see the better I can get a sense of the puzzle. I would like to start with the logs and journals." The wizard will spend time reviewing the House's reports getting a sense of the encounters, and the House's business.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the group began to split up, Ipshivi thought matters over for a few moments. Then she scampered down from her perch and made her way to Aeranduil's side. "Stay with Sanne, as best you can," she said in a sibilant whisper. "I don't think any of us ought to be wandering alone in unfamiliar ground like this. I'll stay with Yoggrith, and Morika ought to be all right for now- if we can't trust a druid to be alone in the jungle we're in worse shape than I thought..."

OOC: With that said (whether she gets agreement or not), Ipshivi will tag along with Yoggrith to the temple- followers of the Dark Six ought to stick together, after all. She will continue to be all wary and watchful...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases