S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Voadam

Legend
pathfinderq1 said:
Almost before the tiger had collapsed, Ipshivi vanished back into her comforting cloak of shadows. Her voice, though, was clearly audible, and it had a shrill, waspish tone to it. "That was no normal tiger- I guess that is obvious; that thing could have swallowed me up without even chewing. Was it always like that, or did something change or infect it to turn it to such an unnatural form?"

"A good question. The tentacles and unnatural nature are due to the extraplanar nature of the creature. Such things are of a type I have heard of before that come from planes far removed from ourthis reality. Beyond even the known bordering planes of nightmare and madness that sometimes come into conjunction with this world. They are basically incompatible with our reality on a fundamental level and cause a disconnect by their very presence and existence. As you can see from the rapid decomposition, we have not just slain a creature, but in doing so disrupted the phsyical fom anchoring the unnaturalness to this reality. This took the form of a tiger, according to Ganyon another one took the form of a puma. Whether these are assuming native forms when present here or infecting or possessing local creatures is a very good question."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Let us hope that it isn't some kind of infection, then. Because the best way to infect a new host is to bite- and I'd hate to see our companions transformed into horrors like that. Now what say we get back on the trail before something else shows up to see what the commotion is..." By the time she finished speaking, her voice had lost its shrill worried tone- at least for now.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Between Yoggrith's dark healing power, the gnome priest, and Morika's connection with the natural world, the wounds on the various party members are closed. [1 CSW and 2 CMW from Yoggrith on Sanne, 1 CMW on Aeranduil from Yoggrith, 1 CLW from Morika on Sanne, and 1 CMW from Sanadal on Sanne]

Ganyon and the two hunters once again take the lead and head out -- with Ganyon taking point, and the other two disappearing off to each side into the brush.

The gnome talks quietly with the artificier in the rear of the group, occasionally those in the main group can catch a word or two from the gnome,"This jungle certainly has taken a turn for the worse -- now it just isn't safe for an upstanding gnome to venture forth. Why, just the other day, one of my close friends came across some sort of beetle contraption while out digging for tubers, and then the creature just up and squirted him with alchemical fire I tell you! I'd never think the day would come where I would come to think of Stormreach as a safe haven of upstanding folks -- certainly never with those Coin Lords in power."

The conversation appears to be one-sided, as you can catch glimpses of an uninterested female half-orc's face staring off into the brush. Her homonculi flitting to and fro underneath the canopy of the jungle.

[D]aa[/D]

As the shadows grow longer, the jungle becomes more overgrown. Small pools of water litter the ground, and the native vegetation has overgrown the path in most spots. Blades are drawn by Ganyon and the others to clear a walkable path through the dense foliage.

Progress through the jungle slows down, as the guides are now having to blaze their own trail through the underbrush, you begin to hear more strange animals noises -- birds primarily, but an occasion screech or howl -- possibly a primate of some sort, or perhaps some jungle cat. It is difficult to say how close or far away they are, as the various leaves and vines distort the sound.

[sblock=Listen check DC15]
You hear a 'clank' sound from up ahead, sounds like a metal blade hitting something made of stone.
[/sblock]

You hear a whistle from up ahead and look up to see Ganyon holding his right hand up in a fist, much like the gesture earlier when the tiger pounced upon the unsuspecting archer.

This time, you scan your surroundings and ready yourself for any unseen attacker.

A moment passes, and you hear Ganyon call out,"Oy, luuks leik we found somepin'."

He gestures for the rest of the group to come closer.

As you approach, you notice that in front of Ganyon is still a dense wall of foliage that continues upward into the forest canopy above you.

About chest high in front of Ganyon, still mostly covered with vines, is what appears to be a large stonework foot -- about 5 feet wide and 5 feet tall. You can make out a few toes where the Ganyon had cut away the foliage.

"Atsa biggie," He says as he clears a bit more of the vines away.

Voadam

Legend
"Aerundil, I have known a druid that could cast the spell in that wand, but I do not know with certainty whether it is also one among the ranger tradition of nature magics. If not then we should pass it on to Morika unless there are any others among us who could use it. There are some who train specifically in unlocking the power of magical devices regardless of magical tradition."

Voadam

Legend
s@squ@tch said:
About chest high in front of Ganyon, still mostly covered with vines, is what appears to be a large stonework foot -- about 5 feet wide and 5 feet tall. You can make out a few toes where the Ganyon had cut away the foliage.

"Atsa biggie," He says as he clears a bit more of the vines away.

"Indeed." Voadam considers the dimensions and his recollection of cloud giant proportions, mentally comparing the two. "A big statue made by the giants then? Would this indicate we are near an old giant ruin?"

Voadam

Legend
Voadam takes a closer look, "Thanor, would you say this is definitely the product of stone carving? The thought of dracolisks comes to mind in the jungles here."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Anybody else want a look at this thing before our guide trims the rest of its toenails off?," Ipshivi chirped. The foot was an amusing tidbit, but the signs of living giants were what they were after.

GM:[sblock] Did the sound seem like it was where Ganyon found the statue-chunk (ie. that it was from his machete-strike hitting the stone?), or was it further ahead?
And while we're at it, Ipshivi will use her at-will Dtect Magic to give the stone a once-over.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor walks up to the gigantic foot and takes a look. [sblock=ooc] With his +2 bonus from stonecunning, that gives Thanor a grand total of +2 on his search to determine if this is indeed nothing more than worked stone.

Sorry all, not his area of expertise. ;) [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases