S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
AC: 26 | HP: 74 | Spells Remaining: 6/7/3/3/2

Yoggrith waits with his eyes closed and his ears open. His breath is ragged, as it's been quite a tiring hike wearing his full suit armor. "I would endeavor to think that a 'lisk of some type out here would improbable. Although who really is to say."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Thanor walks up to the foot and starts to give it a 'dwarven once-over'.

While the dwarf is sizing up the foot, Ganyon continues to hack down some vines from around the foot, exposing an ankle and leg that disappear up into the dense foliage.

Morika, not being particularly interested in big stone feet, shifts her weight back and forth from foot to foot. Something does not feel completely natural to her, so she kneels down and puts her hand on the ground. Underneath her feet, covered by an inch or so of plant root filled dirt, she uncovers a stone paver. She surmises that the entire area could be paved with the stones.

Thanor looks up from his inspection of the foot (and now ankle) and says,"It's just wha' I thought -- its stone. And probably old too."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Earlier, re: the wand

"If ye think it'll be useful, then I'll give it a try. If it's healing magic, then it'll be damn useful," Morika says thoughtfully.

She'll pocket the wand for further use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, at the stone foot

"We might have company," she says softly, rising from her crouch where she was examining the stone pavers. "I heard metal against stone, like a blade."

Ambush? Or another adventuring group? Friends or foes? Considering their luck thus far, probably foes.

"Where's our invisible lass? Ipshivi, care to take a look?" Morika asks somewhere in the vague general quadrent where the halfling woman may or may not be at this precise moment.

"Rest of you, might be doing well to hide," Morika says, keeping her voice low as she crouches down behind a toe and peaks her head out on the other side, wondering if she might be able to spot someone further across this "plaza." "That wasn't a suggestion!" she snaps at the others if anyone is slow to take cover.

For once we might get the damn drop on something and some of them would rather stare at the big foot than hide against the blood assassains or something right out there in the woods!

OOC: Morika's Listen check (1d20+15=18). Despite only rolling a freaking 3, Morika can literally not fail a DC 15 Listen check right now.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"That was just our guide, clanging the dinner bell to see if there were any other tigers around," Ipshivi chirped, from somewhere over near the statue. "I think we can probably move out, unless anyone wants to spend precious daylight gawking over the size of this thing."

s@squ@tch

First Post
As the group mulls the dwarf's discovery, you start to notice the presence of a rather large number of small scorpions -- crawling over the foot and ankle of the possible statue, as well as appearing from behind various vines and plants on the forest floor.

None of them appear larger than a human's hand, but the sight of a creature usually spotted in the dry, harsh desert is something unnerving in the dense jungle.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika feels mildly foolish that she might have sounded the alarm for nothing, but at the sight of the scorpions, she feels slightly vindicated.

"Trouble's coming," she says to no one in particular, and draws her scimitar. She peers around the foot to the possible-plaza beyond, wondering what might be disturbing (or sending) the insects.

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil is thankful of his high, stout leather boots as he notes the number of scorpions crawling about. He looks for any signs that would indicate what the normally desert dwelling creatures would be doing here in the jungle.

Survival +8? Not sure that skill would reveal anything, but thought I'd ask.

s@squ@tch

First Post
"Oy, I found da udder one too." Ganyon says from behind a dense screen of foliage. You hear a muted 'clank' as his blade glances once more off a stone foot.

"Lets git back on da trail den, unless you tuurists want tah bring along a souvenir," Ganyon says as he looks up to jungle canopy to get his bearings. "Luuks lik' dis is da way tah go."

He heads off, his blade swinging up and down, chopping a hole in the dense foliage.

The movements of the scorpions do not appear to be orchestrated or in any coordinated fashion -- the mindless vermin appear content to enjoy their perches on the stonework, ground and various leaves and vegetative outcroppings.

OOC: The scorpions are more of a greenish brown in coloration, in contrast to the near colorless color expected of a desert scorpion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases