S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Voadam

Legend
DEFCON 1 said:
Yoggrith waits with his eyes closed and his ears open. His breath is ragged, as it's been quite a tiring hike wearing his full suit armor. "I would endeavor to think that a 'lisk of some type out here would improbable. Although who really is to say."

"The normal terrain associations for animals and beasts do not apply on this continent, the left over magics allow transformations to produce creatures adapted to new environments."

At sight of the swarm of scorpions Voadam notes with concern "The drow of these jungles are linked with scorpions, stay sharp."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi's ear perked up at Voadam's comment- sentient foes were more interesting than bugs, even bugs that were out of their normal range. "Drow? Are they friends to the giants or foe? If they are enemies, mayhap they will have noticed whether their foes are unusually active- if we can negotiate with them at all..."

As the group moved out, Ipshivi kept her senses alert- just in case there was something other than scorpions watching.

Voadam

Legend
pathfinderq1 said:
Ipshivi's ear perked up at Voadam's comment- sentient foes were more interesting than bugs, even bugs that were out of their normal range. "Drow? Are they friends to the giants or foe? If they are enemies, mayhap they will have noticed whether their foes are unusually active- if we can negotiate with them at all..."

As the group moved out, Ipshivi kept her senses alert- just in case there was something other than scorpions watching.

"The nomadic drow contest with the primitive tribes of the giants in these lands. They are known to be magically active, are skilled at jungle warfare, and use poisons. I have dealt with other drow before a number of times, though not ones from these lands and I don't speak elven."

Rhun

First Post
"Pai byr shysia tia thol*," calls Aeranduil to Voadam, "I speak elven fluently. Though I don't relish the thought of running into any drow."

* Do not worry my friend

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"Well basilisks, scorpions, drow or no... they are but diversions from our true journey." the halfork says... half to himself, half to anyone who might be listening. "I follow your lead." he says to the guide, and continues after Ganyon cutting a swath through the underbrush.

s@squ@tch

First Post
A few hours later, the dense undergrowth starts to give way -- gaps in the forest canopy can be seen, and a light rain begins to fall. The thick gray clouds have obscured the harsh sun and given a welcome respite to those walking in heavy armor, although the appearance of ridges and hills has not made the journey any easier.

The small scorpions still are ever present in the jungle -- on many occasions they have dropped from above when the leaves they were perched upon have been disturbed -- causing a sense of paranoia in those with aversions to vermin.

rainforest.jpg

Ganyon leads you on a makeshift path through the undergrowth as you climb what appears to be a ridge. The guide stops short and gives a "Whoa".

"Crikey -- almost lost me feet der." He says.

As you get closer to him, you realize the cause of his exclamation -- a sheer cliff with a drop of roughly 150' to the jungle floor immediately before his feet. In the distance you can hear the sound of what would seem to be a waterfall.

"Luuk at dat!" Ganyon says pointing to the jungle floor past the cliff.

[sblock=Spot DC 10]As you follow his pointing finger, you see what appears to be several scorpion tails poking out above the brush below. Even at this distance, you can tell that they would probably be over 15 feet tall or so, judging upon the height of the undergrowth.

Your group is about 150' up and 200' horizontally away from the grouping of scorpions[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Ganyon

Ganyon, keeping his eyes on the moving scorpion tails below, says quietly,"I wuzn't plannin' on headin' down there, but if'n y'all wanna, I kin git us down dar fairly easy."

"If'n yer not wantin' to make all nice wit da local ginormous scorpions, I reckon we kin git on by headin 'up further on dis ridge."

The view further up the ridge:

jungle10.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases