S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil Warraven

Spot +13, auto-success

Aeranduil shrugs as he looks down on the cluster of massive scorpions. "We should leave them be. Though, if we do need to head in that direction, I might try scaring them off with a few well-placed arrows."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Let us just leave them be, if we don't need to go that way. At best it would be a waste of time and energy, and at worst, if the local drow are fond of such things, it might stir up unnecessary trouble." Ipshivi seemed far more interested in continuing their exploration than in extracurricular violence.

Voadam

Legend
"Let us press on further up the ridge. The workings of insects and scorpions are too far removed from that of men or other beasts for my mind magics to work on them, we would have to physically overcome or elude such beasts if it came to a confrontation."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Ganyon begins to head further up the ridge, kukri out and chopping through any vegetation that gets in his way.

After about another hour of moving through the jungle ridge, you reach a the peak and begin to descend downwards.

The appearance of scorpions continues to increase, as more and more can be seen on the ground and on the vines and vegetation. You catch glimpses of larger scorpions from time to time behind branches and fronds.

Once more, Ganyon gives a quick low whistle and freezes, his two hunters can also be seen crouch into a defensive posture. He had just hacked through a dense wall of vines and branches, which opened up on the other side to a small clearing.

As you quickly catch up the outdoorsman, your eyes witness an odd spectacle -- in the middle of the jungle clearing sits an enormous green scorpion claw, which has hundreds of smaller scorpions crawling over it. The clearing itself is teeming with scorpions, some small, some much larger.

claw.jpg

Ganyon turns to you and the others and says,"Watcha make a'that?"

Rhun

First Post
"I'm really hoping their isn't the rest of a massive scorpion attached to that claw." says Aeranduil, his bow in hand as he eyes the clearing ahead.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"I don't imagine that big claw is really any different or more threatening than the foot we saw a ways back- it is probably a statue, from the looks. See there, how the vines are draped around it," Ipshivi said tersely as she looked the scene over. "It is the rest of the bugs I'm worried about. There is an awful lot of them, and if the local drow like scorpions, this may be some kind of important site. Is ther any way we can go around, avoid this area? If we have to go through, perhaps one of our magically-enabled folk might provide something with a nice large blast radius- I don't think killing those things one at a time is a good idea..."

Voadam

Legend
"A giant emerald claw? Intersting." Voadam considers all he has has heard about the organization of the invisible agent that awaited them in the city.

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor stomps around a bit, clearly uncomfortable with a foe he can't take on directly. Does this have aught ta do with our mission? I thought we was here ta kill giants, not bugs.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika stares at the claw with some amazement, but it soon palls.

"I say go around it. The local crawlies like it, and that sure explains the lot of 'em, but some of us got our guts nearly ripped out by local fauna and we ain't even where the giants are supposed to be."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases