S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Stay sharp, indeed. And keep moving." Ipshivi added, her voice still wavering as she tried to keep tabs on every direction at once. In general she liked to think that she was sharp and on her toes all the time- but the surprise tiger attack earlier seemed like a bad sign, and she had no wish to encounter half-drow, half-scorpion monstrosities like those Voadam described.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"If this be their sacred ground, then let's get our rumps out of it quick-like. And don't squish any scorpians on the way out!" Morika says shortly, impatient to be moving again.

s@squ@tch

First Post
"Right. Lits git movin'." Ganyon says as he steps around the ettin's body and heads deeper into the brush.

The sun rises high into the sky. Combined with the humidity of the jungle, even those not wearing heavy armor are uncomfortable. You continue to notice small scorpions sunning themselves on various plants leaves or tree branches.

The vegetation is quite lush, but has changed to be relatively low growing, with various trees and bushes rising up to create a scattered canopy.

About an hour after leaving the ettin's corpse, you hear a scream from ahead and see Ganyon disappear from sight into the ground.

Voadam

Legend
"Ganyon!" Voadam casts mage armor on himself then rushes over to the edge of where Ganyon disappeared, drawing his wand of web as he goes.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Stay back- and keep your eyes open!," Ipshivi called shrilly , about as loud as she had ever spoken so far. "It is probably a trap. Let me take a look- everybody else watch for trouble moving in." Even as she spoke, she moved forward, her senses alert for any sign of what had happened as she reached into her Haversack for some rope. A pit they could handle- a pit full of scorpions might be another matter...

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil fades into the underbrush, move silently toward the spot where Ganyon disappeared, Taurionamarth ready in hand.

Hide +11, Move Silently +11

s@squ@tch

First Post
The invisible halfing orders the rest to stay back as she hustles towards the pit.

Sanadal chats nervously with the half-orc artificier -- a constant stream of consciousness filling the concerned silence.

[sblock=Ipshivi]
As you approach the last known location of Ganyon, you see a gaping hole (~ 15' square) in the ground. At the lip of the pit, you notice that it is, indeed, a pit trap, you see what appears to be the well-camoflaged cover against the south wall -- it appears to be weight activated.

Peering further down into the pit, you make out the shadowy form of Ganyon, some 50' below, impaled upon several spikes. His body is unmoving.

You can see the mechanism for the trap, and it looks rather old, but bears a coating of some grease-like substance.
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Yeah, it is a trap- pretty nicely hidden pit set-up," Ipshivi's voice called from the edge of the pit. "We're going to need one of the healers- this thing is pretty deep and he isn't moving. I'm going to see if I can disarm it so it doesn't re-close while we're a'rescuing."

OOC: [sblock] Does the mechanism look like it can be reached- either from the edge or via Spider Climb? And grease-like substance as in protection from elements, or grease-like as in thick sludgy poison? If the mechanism cannot be reached, Ipshivi will start climbing down- throwing one end of her rope to the nearest party member and Spider-climbing (or Feather-fall/jumping) down, trusting her agility (and Tumble) to avoid the spikes herself. If the mechanism can be easily reached, she will skunge off the grease (using her Eternal Wand of Prestidigitation to clean it), then try to disable it so the trap can't easily close/reset. [/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor freezes at the halflings first words, standing as still as he can. He knows that any movement from him will announce itself as loudly as a sneezing dragon in an alchemist's shop. If you've never seen a fully-armored dwarf try to stop all movement mid-step, I doubt that I can properly describe it.

Regardless, when Ipshivi calls for help he stops his struggle and rushes to her side, glad to grab the rope and anchor her if needed. Be careful down there, lass. It's a long ways down, and I don't ken which amongst us 'ld follow ye if ye fell too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases