S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

s@squ@tch

First Post
The wizard quickly flies the injured man to the surface, leaving the elf for a moment in the bottom of the pit. After dropping off Ganyon to the top, he flies once more down to the bottom of the pit and hauls up Aeranduil.

Once Sanadal spies the injuries on the Tharashk guide, he quickly goes to work, ministrating to the various wounds and punctures on his body. Quickly he has him back to full strength and raring to go.

"I can't believe the trouble you got yourself into Ganyon"
Sanadal preaches,"You of all people should be alert and cautious out here in the brush, just the other day, I was reading tales of a hapless wanderer who became encased in a tomb of ice because he wasn't paying attention. Now, if you think about it, why ice? In the jungle, it just wouldn't be very logical to make such a trap -- now fire, now that would work, and make sense. Ice? No, No. It would melt, thus freeing the subject."

"Tanks fer yer concern, mate." Ganyon says as he pats the gnome on the head. "And tanks to y'all fer fishin' me outta dat pit -- I can't believe I didna see it first before I was fallin' head ova heels onta dem dam spikes."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi reclaimed her rope, and coiled it up to return to the depths of her Haversack. "Let's get back on the trail shall we. You now, before the scorpions and all their friends come to see what fell into the trap."

drothgery

First Post
pathfinderq1 said:
"Well, he is still alive," Ipshivi called cheerfully, sparing a glance downward as she thought about how to handle the trap mechanism. "Somebody is keeping watch up there, right?," she added, a bit more worriedly.

"Do you see me climbing down into a pit?" The Lyrandar scion says. "You do not. And you won't."

Rhun

First Post
"Well, that was certainly a bit of excitement to liven up the march," says Aeranduil sarcastically, as he reclaims his pack and makes ready to move out. "This jungle is like no place I've been before. Deadly beasts, hidden pits." The elf shakes his head. "Giants will be simple to deal with compared to this."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I doubt th' scorpies made this, so let's be careful, eh?" Morika says, scowling. With that she'll start moving out, maintaining a position near the front to let her keen senses augment those of their guide.

Can't barely fight compared to the others, keep getting showed by the bleeding wizard and unseen halfing, can't find the trap, didn' t know what killed the stupid ettin, can't heal anyone as well as the halforc, damn useless I am! she thinks bitterly as she trudges along.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Somewhat more cautious, Ganyon gets the group moving. The trail, if you could call it that, that he leads you on continues to the south, gradually changing to southwest. The sun disappears behind a layer of thick gray clouds -- rain is coming.

The jungle descends into an area of lowlands, pooling water becomes more abundant -- ranging from small puddles to occasional ponds and marshes. A chorus of croaks and bird song provides aural stimulation as you work your way along.

Shadows dance across the wet ground in front of you, large droplets of rain begin to fall. The lush foliage absorbs most of the rain, but it is nigh impossible to keep yourselves dry.

Ganyon approaches a natural bridge -- large marshes on either side of the land and hurries onward, turning his head backward to say,"Git amovin' I dunt wanna be uut in dis rain enny longar dat I havta."

Halfway across the bridge, a clicking noise can be heard all around you.....

Attachments

• Round 0.JPG
    Round 0.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 53

Voadam

Legend
As the party approaches the bridge Voadam wipes moisture from his damp brow.

At sight of the scuttling giant scorpions Voadam exclaims "Jormundgand's venom, a natural critter ambush point. To arms!" Voadam activates his boots once again and takes to the air, drawing his wand of webs. "Alien spider-like minds but I think not web walkers." he mutters to himself "Ware their poison stings!" he shouts to his companions.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil quickly has arrow knocked as he steps toward the middle of the group, leaving himself surrounded by the others, and looks for a target...

Initiative +6
Move to stay 30' from Scorpion 2; Rapid Shot + Woodland Archer (Adjust for Range) vrs Scorpion 2
+15/+10/+15 (1d8+7/x3)

[sblock=Adjust for Range]
If you miss a foe with a projectile weapon, you gain a +4 bonus on all other attacks in the same round to hit the same foe.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor clangs forward, loosing his axe from its sling on his back as he moves. Durned bugs don't know what they're mucking with, he grumbles. As he plants his feet, facing the northwest-most foe, he triggers his magical shield and one of its spines shoots toward the creature.

[sblock=ooc] Init +2, move to (9,7), drawing axe along the way, then fire a spine from the spineshield at Scorpion 4, +11 to hit, 1d10 damage with a 19-20 threat range. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases