S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Unless there's some reason to believe she wouldn't know the type of creature she's facing, Sanne spends an action point to infuse her rapier with the correct bane property.[/sblock]

Staying back for a second, Sanne draws upon her knowledge of the artificer's art to prepare her blade better to face the scorpions.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
When the wizard brings the half-elf back to the surface, Yoggrith moves over and takes the wand from him. "The healing magic was useful I see. Good. As you can see, I store it on the back of my shield." He slides the wand back into its holder that he had on the rear of his large metal shield for easy access. "If you need it again at some point, or if I drop unconscious... you know where it is."

Later on in the day as they come upon the four large scorpions, the halfork glances around the circle. Four beasts, each coming from a different direction. He closes his eyes and sighs... knowing how this will probably play out. However, he does take the moment to make his comment in hopes that it might be acted upon.

"It would save us all a lot of time and energy... and quite possibly our lives... if you allow these creatures to come to us, rather than rush up to face them. If we stay together in the circle, you'll each be in reach of my healing. If you rush off on your own... I might not get to you. Charge at your own risk."

pathfinderq1

First Post
At Yoggrith's mention of staying in a circle, Ipshivi realized just how exposed her current position was. She had no wish to engage these creature's at close range, and prudently ducked into a safe spot near the center of the group. Only then did she attack, shifting momentarily into visibility as a swirling clot of shadowy energy left her hands.

OOC: (Initiative +8) Move to the center of the group (9 across, 14 down). Invoke an eldritch blast at scorpion 2 (+12 touch, 3d6 damage)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Traveler's stinking breath, finally you decide to play by my rules," Morika growls at the scorpions in front of her, her muscles rippling and her horns emerging as she lets her beast spirit show. Drawing strength from that, she brings her hands out, pointing at the two scorpions, and then draws them together, lightning crackling between them!

OOC: Shifting as a free action and then casting arc of lightning at the scorpions in squares 3/6 and 3/12 (the ones north of her). Morika's arc of lightning spell damage. (8d6=26) Reflex save DC 17 for half.

drothgery

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
"It would save us all a lot of time and energy... and quite possibly our lives... if you allow these creatures to come to us, rather than rush up to face them. If we stay together in the circle, you'll each be in reach of my healing. If you rush off on your own... I might not get to you. Charge at your own risk."

"I dance where the battle takes me, halfork." Sanne says as she's preparing her infusion. "Standing around in one place is a good way for a lightly-armored Khoravar to get herself killed."

OOC: Sanne's initiative (1d20+4=18)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Sanne said:
"I dance where the battle takes me, halfork. Standing around in one place is a good way for a lightly-armored Khoravar to get herself killed."
Yoggrith replies simply, not seemingly afronted by her response. "I will remind you of what you said when you bleed to death off by yourself because The Shadow's reach was not long enough to keep you on your feet."

He holds his action, waiting for the first time he is needed to heal.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round 1 - Complete

Initiative:

19 - Aeranduil - Attack Scorpion #2 - 3 HITS for 36 damage
19 - Morika - Shift, cast Arc of Lightning on Scorpions #4 & #3 for 27 dmg (reflex 1/2)
19 - Yoggrith - Delays
18 - Sanne - Infuses blade with Vermin Bane properties
17 - Thanor - moves forward, disappears down a pit
13 - Voadam - Activates boots - ascends 30'
10 - Ipshivi - Move to (9,14), eldritch blast on Scorpion #2 HIT for 13 damage
8 - Scorpion #1 - Attack Sanne - MISS
8 - Scorpion #2 - DEAD
8 - Scorpion #3 - Attack Morika - HIT for 7 damage
8 - Scorpion #4 - Attack Sanne - MISS

Aeranduil quickly has arrow knocked as he steps toward the middle of the group, leaving himself surrounded by the others, and looks for a target...his bowstring whistles three times as he litters the carapace of one of the scorpions with arrows.

"Traveler's stinking breath, finally you decide to play by my rules," Morika growls at the scorpions in front of her, her muscles rippling and her horns emerging as she lets her beast spirit show. Drawing strength from that, she brings her hands out, pointing at the two scorpions, and then draws them together, lightning crackling between them! One of the scorpions lights up briefly as the energy courses through its body, while the other one dropped its abdomen to the ground and ducked under most of the effect.

The unamused halfork watches the battle unfold before him, while the scion of House Lyrander quickly sets to work infusing her blade with various magicks and power.

Thanor clangs forward, loosing his axe from its sling on his back as he moves. Durned bugs don't know what they're mucking with, he grumbles. As he plants his feet, he hears a muted 'click' as the ground beneath him gives way to a PIT! [Reflex save to avoid FAILS]

[sblock=Thanor]
The ground gives way and you find yourself falling head over heels down a pit -- a moment later you hit the bottom, or which you think is the bottom with a loud splash!

None-the-worse-for wear, you find yourself in the bottom of a water filled pit, roughly 20' form the surface in water that is well over your head.
[/sblock]

As the party approaches the bridge Voadam wipes moisture from his damp brow.

At sight of the scuttling giant scorpions Voadam exclaims "Jormundgand's venom, a natural critter ambush point. To arms!" Voadam activates his boots once again and takes to the air, drawing his wand of webs. "Alien spider-like minds but I think not web walkers." he mutters to himself "Ware their poison stings!" he shouts to his companions.

At Yoggrith's mention of staying in a circle, Ipshivi realized just how exposed her current position was. She had no wish to engage these creature's at close range, and prudently ducked into a safe spot near the center of the group. Only then did she attack, shifting momentarily into visibility as a swirling clot of shadowy energy left her hands.

The remaining scorpions nimbly crawl out of the water or over the rocks and quickly close the distance between themselves and the Khoravar and shifter druid. Sanne is able to avoid a pair of claws, while the druid has a long gash opened up on her thigh from the raspy claw.

OOC:

Condition Summary:

Morika (57/66)
Scorpion #2: Dead
Scorpion #3: Lightly Wounded
Scorpion #4: Heavily Wounded

Red square is the pit.
Yellow box is the the Arc of Lightning AoE

Attachments

• Round 1.JPG
    Round 1.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
s@squ@tch said:
OOC:

Voadam: How far up do you fly?

30 feet, enough to get out of sting range and to hopefully achieve a good perspective on whether these scorpions are alone or advanced forces of drow/scorrow.

Remove ads