S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round 2 - Partial

Initiative:

22 - Scorrow #1 - Detaches bead and hurls at party for 32 damage (reflex 1/2) (fire)
22 - Scorrow #2 -Throws Javelin of Lightning for 9 dmg
19 - Aeranduil - Fires 3 arrows at Scorrow #1, 2 HIT for 23 damage
19 - Morika - Cast Master Air Defensively, fly down pit
19 - Yoggrith - Cast Spikes on staff
18 - Sanne - Attack Scorpion #4, #1 - 2 HIT for 24 and 23 damage
17 - Thanor - Swim check FAIL
13 - Voadam - Fly 30' higher (60' total elevation currently)
10 - Ipshivi - 5' step to (10,14), Eldritch Blast Scorpion #3 HIT for 15 damage
8 - Scorpion #1 - Full Attack Sanne - all MISS
8 - Scorpion #3 - Move to (11,12) AoO on Morika HIT for 6 damage, Attack Aeranduil MISS
8 - Scorpion #4 - Dead

A serpentine clicking noise can be heard behind the party as two forms emerge from shadowy hiding places.

Dark-skinned elf torso's, atop monstrously large scorpion bodies appear from behind rocks and leaves, one on each side to the rear of the group. Leather straps hold fast various blades and boomerangs upon their bodies. Ipshivi, after glancing them in the open, finally puts together the various figments she has been seeing over the past day -- and realizes that these two have probably been following the group.

The second has a javelin in its hand -- as it brings it forward, the javelin transforms into an arc of lightning as it speeds across the marsh -- catching the visible halfling and druid in its wake -- Morika is able to duck under the majority of the bolt, while the halfling evades it altogether. [Reflex save for both PASS]

While the second reaches its left hand to its neck and detaches something from a necklace and hurls it towards the main group, the bead blooms into a massive fireball over the heads of those on the ground, burning all within the blast radius, though the Khoravar, busy with her infusion work, is a step slow and takes the full brunt of the blast. Once again the nimble halfling comes out of the fiery cloud unscathed.[Reflex save PASS for all but Sanne]

Trusting his companions to guard his back, the archer from the Towering Wood turns his attention to the scorrow. "Thyr eirdystolarol!" cries Aeranduil as he lets arrows fly toward the nearest of the creatures.

Morika yells at the fire and lightning, though luck was with her for once, and she was actually able to dodge the worst of the muck. Gathering up the words of the air, she concentrated fiercely upon them even as she ducked the swipe of the scorpion's claws, bringing wings of wind into existance upon her back. Flying backward, hoping to avoid the creature's stinger, Morika dove for the pit and Thanor. Although she avoided the stinger, the creatures claw closed down on her thigh, causing a rivulet of blood to begin to stream forth.

She'd been the one to bring the dwarf with the group, and she'd be damned if she let him die out here!

"Thanor, I'm coming!" she yells as she swoops down the pit. Her eyes adjust quickly to the darkness down the pit and she quickly comes to hover above the waters edge, scanning the bottom for the dwarf. Somewhat panicked when she initially does not see Thanor, the sees some bubbles on the murky waters surface and reaches a hand underneath the surface, feeling a cold piece of metal. Her preternatural strength is able to pull the dwarf back to the surface of the water. [Next round you can fly out with Thanor]

"Beware the Shadow" growls the half-ork as he mutters a prayer to his dark god. His staff quickly flashes and grows gruesome stone spikes.

Thinking to finish off at least one of the scorpions, if not both, Sanne shakes off the lightning bolt's effect and lets her rapier fly high over her head as she leans towards both of the vermin and spins. Her blade strikes both of the creatures, finishing off the first, and opening up a large hole in its carapace on the second.

[sblock=Thanor]
Meanwhile, in the bottom of the water filled pit, Thanor struggles against the weight of his armor and his head dips below the surface.
[/sblock]

Seeing Morrika enter Thanor's pit Voadam breaks off his rescue attempt and simply flies higher so as to get out of range of another fireball that would engulf his allies as well.

Ipshivi clucked and muttered in the halfling tongue- their real foes had made their appearance, and with a bang... She scanned the area quickly, and was more than a bit dismayed to realize that Thanor had vanished into a gaping pit. She sighed and shook her head in respect at the Traveler's mischief, drawing away their heaviest fighter in the midst of a vicious ambush. That momentary distraction was all she could afford- there was work to be done. Not sensing any other threats in the near vicinity, she scampered a few steps before unleashing another bolt of arcane energy at one of the scorpions.

OOC:

Condition Summary:

Voadam: (27/43)
Yoggrith: (68/74)
Aeranduil: (48/64)
Sanne: (33/65)
Morika: (42/66)
Ipshivi: (46/46)
Scorpion #1: Lightly Wounded
Scorpion #2: Dead
Scorpion #3: Heavily Wounded
Scorpion #4: Dead
Scorrow #1: Lightly Wounded
Scorrow #2:

Red square is the pit.
Yellow box is the the Javelin of Lightning AoE
Red box is the blast radius of the Fireball

Attachments

• Round 2- final.JPG
    Round 2- final.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Thanks to her rogue levels, Ipshivi has Evasion, so if the reflex saves were made, she should take no damage from the AoE effects. Will post actions later today- leaving for work now...

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=S@squ@tch] Thanor thrashes around in the water, knowing the futility of it. Dwarves weren't made fer swimmin', he thinks to himself in frustration. He attempts to move himself over to the side of the pit and climb up.

OOC: I figured you told me about the pit in private, so I'll keep my descirptions the same, since Thanor can't exactly shout out for help while he's underwater. He's got no shot at swimming, and he doesn't have time to take his armor off, so it's pretty much up to con checks (+5) to keep from drowning. He's at a +1 climb after the ACP. :(

By the by, I have been out of school too long. I totally reversed the coordinates on my plan of action. I was aiming at (7,9) rather than (9,7). Oops.
[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika yells at the fire and lightning, though luck was with her for once, and she was actually able to dodge the worst of the muck. Gathering up the words of the air, she concentrated fiercely upon them even as she ducked the swipe of the scorpion's claws, bringing wings of wind into existance upon her back. Flying backward, hoping to avoid the creature's stinger, Morika dove for the pit and Thanor. She'd been the one to bring the dwarf with the group, and she'd be damned if she let him die out here!

"Thanor, I'm coming!" she yells.

OOC: Casting master air defensively, success. Morika's Concentration check. (1d20+9=21). Then flying straight toward Thanor, and Morika will just suck up the AoO that's sure to result from leaving the scorpion's threatened area.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
"I'll tend the dwarf, Take care of the scorpions!"

Voadam aims his wand to position a web engulfing the two scorrow and making their progress towards the party more difficult, though careful not to engulf Yoggrith. Invoking its magic he then streaks forwards to plunge down to rescue the fallen dwarven warrior.

Rhun

First Post
Trusting his companions to guard his back, the archer from the Towering Wood turns his attention to the scorrow. "Thyr eirdystolarol!*" cries Aeranduil in elven as he lets arrows fly toward the nearest of the creatures.

Initiative +6
Rapid Shot + Woodland Archer (Adjust for Range) vrs closest Scorrow
+14/+9/+14 (1d8+6/x3)

[sblock=Adjust for Range]
If you miss a foe with a projectile weapon, you gain a +4 bonus on all other attacks in the same round to hit the same foe.[/sblock]

[sblock=* Translation to Common]
Foul Abominations!
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Ipshivi]
Completely spaced the evasion. You took no damage last round, will update.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Thanor]
Since the water is considered calm, the swim DC is 10, and I believe you can take 10 on a swim check for a certain amount of time.

Also, the walls of the pit are not of stone -- it was dug out of the earth, so there should be some hand-holds available to help keep yourself above water (+3 to swim checks to stay above water via holding onto the side), but at the same time, doesn't make climbing any easier, as the muddy sides are slippery and would give way. (-3 to climb checks)
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=S@squ@tch] Unfortunately, with his ACP of -6, multiplied for swim checks, he's still at a -7 modifier for swimming, that's why I was hoping climb would allow him to keep his head up. Oh well, I guess he can just sink, hold his breath for 20 rounds, and hope Voadam can help him out. [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi clucked and muttered in the halfling tongue- their real foes had made their appearance, and with a bang... She scanned the area quickly, and was more than a bit dismayed to realize that Thanor had vanished into a gaping pit. She sighed and shook her head in respect at the Traveler's mischief, drawing away their heaviest fighter in the midst of a vicious ambush. That momentary distraction was all she could afford- there was work to be done. She scampered a few steps before unleashing another bolt of arcane energy at one of the scorpions.

OOC: 5 foot step to 10, 14; invoke a point-blank eldritch blast at scorpion (4 if it is still up, 3 otherwise); +13 touch, 3d6+1 damage; free action to do a Listen +12/Spot +8 sweep for further threats

Remove ads