S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Redclaw said:
Thank ye, lass. If ye can put me down atop the half-drow that's hurting our half-elf, I might be able to even things up a bit, eh? Thanor suggests to Morika, brandishing his axe in anticipation.

[sblock=ooc] the scorrow by Sanne seems a good target to me. If you can't cover that distance, any target works. :D

Once he gets there, he'll unleash axing furry, +11/+6 for 1d10+3 damage. [/sblock]
"Got it!" Morika cries, and flies high and over to near Sanne's drow-scorpion, thunking Thanor on the ground so he can hack at the creature.

OOC: Moving Thanor to 13,9, two squares to Sanne's right.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Yoggrith hears the cry of Sanne when she gets injured, and he glances back at her to see how badly she is wounded. What he sees is a woman who does bear the mark of injury, but is not so badly hurt that he needs to make a desperate attempt to get to her side.

Instead, he steps away from the scorrow in front of him and turns to face the same one that is attacking Sanne. (5' step to 9,15) Figuring he has a few seconds to perhaps step around the scorpion-humanoid to reach her, he uses the moment to swing at the scorrow twice with his spike-laded quarterstaff. (Attack left scorrow w/quarterstaff + Spikes: +12 / +7; 1d6+11 damage each)

"I will be to you momentarily, half-elf. Try not to die before then."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Too close, too close," Ipshivi muttered quietly as their foes circled the group tightly. She weaved this way and that, trying to avoid the dangerous spots long enough to call upon her protective magics.

OOC: 5-foot step to 10 across, 13 down. If Scorpion 3 is still up, then total defense- if not, invoke Walk Unseen.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Initiative:

22 - Scorrow #1 - 5' step to (10,16), throw bead into the crowd - 19 damage (ref 1/2)
22 - Scorrow #2 - Attack Yoggrith - 2 HIT (stinger crit confirmed) for 17 damage + poison
19 - Aeranduil - Full attack on Scorrow #1 - 2 HIT for 24 damage
19 - Morika - Cast Call Lightning
19 - Yoggrith - 5' step to (9,14), Cast Guidance defensively
18 - Sanne - 5' to (9,12), infuse weapon with Aberration Bane property
17 - Thanor - Full Attack Scorrow #2 - 2 MISS
13 - Voadam - Use Wand of Grease on Scorrow #1
10 - Ipshivi - Move to (10,11), Eldritch Blast on Scorrow #2 - No effect

The wounded scorrow takes a small step back and to the left, and a almost imperceptible grin comes over its face as it reaches up to its necklace and grabs another bead and hurls it behind the party -- it once again blossoms into a burst of flame, engulfing all inside of it, including the other scorrow, which appears to be unscathed. [Ref Save PASS for all except Sanne and Morika. Yoggrith/Ipshivi unharmed]

The second scorrow turns slightly to the side and sets into the halfork with a flurry of blades -- swinging them both in a whirlwind of metal, he finds a crease in Yoggrith's armor and draws blood with its first strike. Yoggrith deflects the next two blows, but is caught flatfooted when the stinger rises up over the scorrow's body and bursts forth. A sickening 'thunk' is heard as it punches through the heavy plate armor. Yoggrith fights off the effect of the poison as it courses through his system -- for now.

Aeranduil grimaces against the pain of the flames, but doesn't lose his focus. He continues sending a stream of deadly arrows into the combat, concentrating on the fireball tossing scorrow -- two of the three arrows bury themselves into the carapace of the scorpion hybrid.

Morika begins her chanting, her harsh voice summoning the storm above to dance to her command, ready to unleash skyfire against the scorrow...

As the poison courses through his veins, causing a dazzling spray of pain... Yoggrith takes a moment to step to his right to hopefully get out of the range of one of the scorrows.

With the rain of arrows and the sudden crack of lightning causing all manner of destruction around them, the halfork quickly casts an orison to help possibly stave off the next round of agony the poison will most certainly bring.

"I'll not abandon the field, but I fear it is time for me to make a tactical withdrawl," Sanne says, taking a quick step back behind Thanor. "My blade is ill-prepared to face this creature. I'll correct that shortly."

Cursing loudly in dwarven, a sign of frustraton tinged with a bit of excitement over an old-fashioned dustup, Thanor moves around the scorrow in front of him and brings his axe around in a vicious chop, followed up with a quick downswing aimed at the creatures arachnid leg. The wet shaft of his axe continues to give the warrior fits as both blows sail wide of their intended mark.

The flying wizard pulls out another wand and invokes a pool of slimy grease underneath the fireball throwing scorrow. At once, its multiple legs appear to have difficulty maintaining their hold on the ground, and it slumps to the earth. [Reflex Save FAIL]

Ipshivi gave another muttered halfling curse, then ducked into the mass of her allies, using her small size and nimble nature to weave between the larger folk, aiming for a more comfortable location, where she could safely work her magics. As she unleashes a bolt of eldritch might towards the second scorrow, the energy itself appears to disapate as it touches the creature. An ill feeling fills her small stomach.

OOC:

Condition Summary:

Voadam: (27/43)
Yoggrith: (51/74) + poison, Guidance (10 rounds)
Aeranduil: (32/64) + poison
Sanne: (14/65)
Morika: (23/66)
Ipshivi: (46/46)
Thanor: (101/110)
Scorpion #1: Dead
Scorpion #2: Dead
Scorpion #3: Dead
Scorpion #4: Dead
Scorrow #1: Moderately Wounded
Scorrow #2:

Red square is the pit.
Gray area is web
Red square is Fireball effect

Attachments

• Round 4 - final.JPG
    Round 4 - final.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi gave another muttered halfling curse, then ducked into the mass of her allies, using her small size and nimble nature to weave between the larger folk, aiming for a more comfortable location, where she could safely work her magics.

OOC: Moving through the group- as far as I can tell, she should be able to move past/though space occupied by allies without trouble. If necessary, she will use Tumble to do so- her route will go "up" between Aeranduil/Morika's spaces and the dead scorpion, ending north of Morika. Once there (and out of reach) she will invoke another point-blank eldritch blast at the nearer scorrow; +13 touch, 3d6+1 damage. Tumble, if needed, is at +13.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Your dice hate Sanne; she has a +10 ref save, and she's failed twice.

"I'll not abandon the field, but I fear it is time for me to make a tactical withdrawl," Sanne says, taking a quick step back behind Thanor. "My blade is ill-prepared to face this creature. I'll correct that shortly."

[sblock=mechanics]
(5' step to 9,12), then spends an action point to infuse her blade with the aberration bane property.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
[sblock=Sanne]
Two nat 1's for Sanne on the two reflex saves, which was eye-opening.... She must not like fire. :(
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM]
You'd think she lived most of her life on rather flammable ships and airships or somehting... ;)
[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As the poison courses through his veins, causing a dazzling spray of pain... Yoggrith takes a moment to step to his right to hopefully get out of the range of one of the scorrows. (5' step to 9,14)

With the rain of arrows and the sudden crack of lightning causing all manner of destruction around them, the halfork quickly casts an orison to help possibly stave off the next round of agony the poison will most certainly bring. (Cast Guidance defensively for next save vs poison)

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil grimaces against the pain of the flames, but doesn't lose his focus. He continues sending a stream of deadly arrows into the combat, concentrating on the fireball tossing scorrow...

AC: 23, HP: 32/64 + poison

A) Precise Shot + Rapid Shot + Woodland Archer (Adjust for Range) vrs Scorrow 1: +15/+10/+15 (1d8+7/x3)
B) If Scorrow 1 falls, redirect remaining attacks vrs Scorrow 2

[sblock=Adjust for Range]
If you miss a foe with a projectile weapon, you gain a +4 bonus on all other attacks in the same round to hit the same foe.[/sblock]

Remove ads