S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Rhun

First Post
"Shael air val air vys," says Aeranduil quietly in elven at the sight of the elementals on deck. The elf continues moving to make room for the others behind, firing off a single arrow at the neaarest of the elementals.

Move to H19.
Attack +17 for 1d8+7+1d8 (Ranged Precision)

[sblock=Elven translation]
When it rains it pours.
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Isida] I forgot to change the text in the round 2 post, you did not have a standard action left -- so your Master Air spell will be cast in round 3.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Drothgery]
Wouldn't the Weapon infusion only last for 10 minutes due to only having 1 level of Artificier?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Yoggrith continues along up the stairs while casting his Spikes spell.

OOC: s@squ@tch, any possibility of having a legend placed on the far left of the map that identifies the names of the characters along with their icons? Because I don't remember pretty much any of them and would hate to have to keep flipping through the OOC thread having to find who had what. Thanx!

drothgery

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
@ Drothgery: Wouldn't the Weapon infusion only last for 10 minutes due to only having 1 level of Artificer?

Sanne's caster level 2 due to a +1 from Windwright Captain (which does the normal spellcasting prestige class thing for artificers and arcane casters at odd levels).

Voadam

Legend
Voadam 3

"Air Elementals!" Voadam shouts to alert those below decks. To himself he murmurs, "Living elements normally have rudimentary minds that can be enchanted, a weakness of theirs. Too far apart for confusion to affect both, hideous laughter it is then." He draws forth a tiny tart from his pouch and hurls it at the nearest elemental seeking to occupy it with elvish distraction magic. He waves a feather at the creature as he incants the verbal component "An air elemental walks into a bar . . . " his other hand draws forth his magical boots.

standard action hideous laughter, DC 15 move action get out magical boots to don.

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Voadam]
Voadam said:
" An air elemental walks into a bar . . . " his other hand draws forth his magical boots.

standard action hideous laughter, DC 15 move action get out magical boots to don.

I am sure you are aware, but just a reminder:
SRD said:
A creature whose type is different from the caster’s receives a +4 bonus on its saving throw, because humor doesn’t “translate” well.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round 3 - Partial

Initiative:

30 – Elemental #1 – Whirlwind form, 4 crew member inside, moves ALL over the ship, engulfs Crew #1, #6-8
28 – Elemental #2 – Move to Y-Z-A/19-20-21, Attack Morika with slam – HIT for 9 damage
26 – Aeranduil (64/64) – Attack Elemental #1 with bow – HIT – 22 damage before DR
23 – Dalwir – Yells for helmsman to stop the ship, attacks Elemental #3 with flaming rapier twice – 1 HIT for 9 damage before DR
21 – Elemental #3 – Attacks Dalwir – 1 HIT for 14 damage
21 – Jaxel (75/75) –
17 – Ipshivi (46/46) –
15 – Lieutenant -- Attacks Elemental #3, HIT – 5 damage before DR, 5’ step to E12
14 – Sanne (65/65) –
9 – Yoggrith (90/90) – Cast Spikes on staff, move to top of stairs
5 – Morika (57/66) – Cast Master Air, concentration check required.
5 – Voadam (43/43) – Cast Hideous Laughter on Elemental #2, elemental makes save (rolled an 18 :\ )
4 – Crew (8) -- #1 inside elemental #1, #2 dying, #3-8 reload crossbows with flaming bolts and fire, 2 hits on Elemental #3 – 11 damage before DR

The scene on deck is a grisly sight, two huge fountains of wind stand on the foredeck, one at an imposing height of 32’ and the other transformed into a cyclone measuring 50’ high.

The whirlwind moves frenetically, mowing down the crew members one by one – where they were standing is vacant after the wind moves past. One second, the cyclone is on the front bow, the next moment, it has races the length of the ship and engulfed. The three heroes on the starboard side of the ship quickly take cover from the whirlwind and are spared the ill effects. (Aeranduil, Ipshivi, and Sanne make reflex saving throw)

Once past the whirlwind, the elf mutters "Shael air val air vys," quietly in elven at the sight of the elementals on deck. The elf continues moving to make room for the others behind, firing off a single arrow at the remaining elemental on the foredeck -- the arrow strikes true.

Meanwhile the battle in the stern part of the ship rages, Dalwir, realizing that his dagger is having no effect on the creature, switches to attacking with his flaming rapier, hitting once. He yells for the helmsman to stop the ship, and you can feel ship start to slow. (will take 5 rounds to come to a complete stop)

The elemental responds by lashing out a tendril of storm and creating a laceration across his shoulder.

To be continued....

OOC:

@ everyone: I hope you don't mind me posting partial rounds - the combat is so large that when I get a chance, I want to make sure I get done as much as I can to prevent from being bogged down later.

@ Morika: due to being struck by Elemental #2 for 9 damage, a concentration check was required. Do you want to use an action point (you get 2 1d6’s at lvl 8) to try and save your spell? (you’ll need to roll a 6 on one of them...)

Concentration Check : DC19 (1d20+9=13)

Attachments

• Round 3, abovedecks.jpg
    Round 3, abovedecks.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 76

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi took a moment to realize just what was going on- air elementals were a new foe, but right now didn't seem like the time to study them. She moved quickly, hoping to avoid the worst of the gusting air- then dodged back down the steps into the shelter of the hull.

OOC: Reflex save (at +13= 16; roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1371879 ); I'll spend an action point on that terrible roll; adds 5= 21; (roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1371883 ). After that, move back down towards the "quarters"- a straight-up fight in the constrained space of the deck is not her preferred arena.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases