S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

pathfinderq1

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
@ Drothgery, Pathfinderq1, Rhun: Oops, my english language skills failed me -- I actually rolled Reflex saves for all of you, and the three of you made it.

@ Pathfinderq1 -- do you mean to go back downstairs, or move towards the cabin/room on the top deck?

OOC: Ipshivi is headed back downstairs. At this point she won't get into the fight unless she has no other choice.

Rhun

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
OOC: @ everyone: I hope you don't mind me posting partial rounds - the combat is so large that when I get a chance, I want to make sure I get done as much as I can to prevent from being bogged down later.

OOC: No problem with this. As a fellow PBP DM, I often find it easier to post partial rounds as each person posts. Just let us know when the round is complete and when we should post our actions for the next round.

Voadam

Legend
"Lothian's burning pyres." Voadam curses the failed magic as he draws on his boots. Once upon his feet he activates their magic causing giant arctic owl wings to emerge powering him in flight.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Just because I didn't see it listed in the actions summary, and it doesn't look like anythng happened to prevent her from doing it, Sanne's still going to cast a Weapon Augmentation, Personal infusion this round to make her rapier Elemental Bane, using an action point to drop the casting time down to a reasonable full round (this is explicitly allowed in the action points section of the ECS).

hero4hire

Explorer
Jaxel moves to the railing before the elemental hovering off in midair and clangs his blades together in an "X" formation in front of him.

OOC: Move to C20. Total Defense Action. Use Dodge Feat on Elemental closest to me.
AC should be 26, 28 vs Large or Bigger, 32 vs Elemental closest to me. I will use Duck Underneath only if it wont send me plummeting to my doom.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round 3 - Complete

Initiative:

30 – Elemental #1 – Whirlwind form, 4 crew member inside, moves ALL over the ship, engulfs Crew #1, #6-8
28 – Elemental #2 – Move to Y-Z-A/19-20-21, Attack Morika with slam – HIT for 9 damage
26 – Aeranduil (64/64) – Attack Elemental #1 with bow – HIT – 22 damage before DR
23 – Dalwir – Yells for Helmsman to stop the ship, attacks Elemental #3 with flaming rapier twice – 1 HIT for 9 damage before DR
21 – Elemental #3 – Attacks Dalwir – 1 HIT for 14 damage
21 – Jaxel (75/75) – Move to C20, total defense vs. Elemental #2
17 – Ipshivi (46/46) – Retreats down the stairs
15 – Lieutenant -- Attacks Elemental #3, HIT – 5 damage before DR, 5’ step to E12
14 – Sanne (65/65) – Cast Weapon Infusion – Elemental Bane on rapier, move to G19
9 – Yoggrith (90/90) – Cast Spikes on staff, move to top of stairs
5 – Morika (57/66) – Cast Master Air, concentration check passes with AP (AP rolls were 1, 6)
5 – Voadam (43/43) – Cast Hideous Laughter on Elemental #2, elemental makes save (rolled an 18 :\ ), draws forth boots
4 – Crew (8) -- #1 inside elemental #1, #2 dying, #3-8 reload crossbows with flaming bolts and fire, 2 hits on Elemental #3 – 11 damage before DR

The scene on deck is a grisly sight, two huge fountains of wind stand on the foredeck, one at an imposing height of 32’ and the other transformed into a cyclone measuring 50’ high.

The whirlwind moves frenetically, mowing down the crew members one by one – where they were standing is vacant after the wind moves past. One second, the cyclone is on the front bow, the next moment, it has raced the length of the ship and engulfed half of the crew, and has run past several of the newcomers.

The three heroes on the starboard side of the ship quickly take cover from the whirlwind and are spared the ill effects. (Aeranduil, Ipshivi, and Sanne all made their reflex saving throw). The other elemental forms a fist made of swirling winds and strikes out at the shifter druid, taking advantage of its long reach and catching her across the face, sending her reeling.

Once past the whirlwind, the elf mutters "Shael air val air vys," quietly in elven at the sight of the elementals on deck. The elf continues moving to make room for the others behind, firing off a single arrow at the remaining elemental on the foredeck.

Meanwhile the battle in the stern part of the ship rages, Dalwir, realizing that his dagger is having no effect on the creature, switches to attacking with his flaming rapier, hitting once.

The elemental responds by lashing out a tendril of storm and creating a laceration across his shoulder.

The small gnome moves up to the ships railing and defiantly crosses his clangs his blades together in an “X” formation, attempting to get the elementals attention.

Without notice, the small halfling retreats invisibly back down the stairs into the main cabin, believing that discretion is the better part of valor.

Back on the stern of the ship, the Lieutenant, a half-elf female named Osolda, furrows her brow as she sees half of the crew engulfed in the monstrous elemental – its coloration starting to take on red tinges from the blood of her men. She retreats backwards cautiously from the towering elemental before her, after fruitlessly striking it with her rapier.

In true heroic fashion, the scion of Lyrander infuses her weapon with energies so that it is the bane of these creatures. She strides cautiously out onto the foredeck and prepares to defend her houses ship against these horrendous beasts.

Entering the scene somewhat late, but well prepared, the half-orc strides up the last steps onto the deck, now brandishing an imposing looking quarterstaff. His eyes beholding the elemental hovering off of the ship to his left.

Her concentration jarred by the blow from the elemental, Morika is able to regain focus and finish her spell, causing small batlike wings to sprout from her back, although they do not look strong or big enough to actually allow her to fly.

Right behind her, the tall otherworldly wizard shouts, "Air Elementals!" To himself he murmurs, "Living elements normally have rudimentary minds that can be enchanted, a weakness of theirs. Too far apart for confusion to affect both, hideous laughter it is then." He draws forth a tiny tart from his pouch and hurls it at the nearest elemental seeking to occupy it with elvish distraction magic. He waves a feather at the creature as he incants the verbal component "An air elemental walks into a bar . . . " his other hand draws forth his magical boots. Momentarily, an unnaturally sounding chuckle emanates from the large column of wind before him, but it quickly dies out, the spell did not appear to take hold, causing the wizard to curse and vow to bone up on elemental humor the next chance he gets.

The remaining crew, who are not engulfed in the elemental reload their crossbows with flaming bolts and do their best to find a weak spot. The helmsman begins to slow the ship.

[D]aa[/D]

Spells in Effect:

Yoggrith: Divine Favor (8 rounds), Spikes (8 hours), Bear’s Endurance (79 rounds)
Sanne: Weapon Infusion – Elemental Bane (200 rounds)

OOC:

Ship will decrease speed 20’/round for the next 5 rounds.
1 AP spent by Morika to maintain concentration on her spell.

Attachments

• Round 3, abovedecks.jpg
    Round 3, abovedecks.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Gnashing her teeth, Morika dashes for the closest elemental, her scimitar bared to strike, knowing right now her enchanted blade might be better than her own horns.

OOC: Charge and attack with scimitar. Morika's master air spell will be in affect for 14 rounds.

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Isida]

OOC: Charge and attack with scimitar. Morika's master air spell will be in affect for 14 rounds.

[/QUOTE]

By charge, you mean just to attack with the scimitar, and not with horns, right?

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases