S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"I will help you with the barricade." says Yoggrith... moving over to the alcove to begin making room for pulling out the body.

Rhun

First Post
"I will keep watch," says Aeranduil. Gathering his bow and gear, he moves to keep an eye on the front door to ensure no surprises.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Ganyon heads towards the alcove after Ipshivi mentions a possible body in the barricade.

He grabs a sunrod from his pack and pokes his head into the hole.

He disappears inside.

A few minutes later, he reappears with a somber look upon his face.

"Aye, I knew him. He was a good bloke - name was Melach. Summun 'elp me git 'im oot o' der -- he deserves ah propa berial."

The gnome priest shakes his head in disgust,"Unfortunately, he isn't one of the scions that we were looking for."

Yoggrith squeezes into the tunnel with Ganyon, and together, they pull the corpse out. But not before they notice some writing on the stone block in front of the corpse, written in dried blood.

[sblock=Bloody message]
'take the bodies' 'the chief need'
[/sblock]
[sblock=Heal check DC10]
The body itself shows extensive wounds, in line with a large bludgeoning weapon. Several ribs were broken, the left arm, along with a hairline fracture of skull. There is no doubt Melach knew he was not going to survive those injuries.
[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
"Yoggrith, do you know the magics to speak with the dead? If so we may be able to piece together more information about what occurred." The black robed wizard turns to the accompanying house agents "Did any of the rest of you also accompany past expeditions here? I would be interested in understanding the dragonshard mining operations that went on."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Even if we can't speak with him, there are things we can learn," Ipshivi offered. "Do you know which group this fellow was with? When we were hired, we were told two separate teams had been lost- might be nice to know which one this fellow was in."

"Some of you all want to see if we can get that lift working? We may as well camp here tonight, but like I said, I don't think this exact campsite is a good choice. Somewhere upstairs might be better- in fact, I'm going to go up and look around, see if I can find someplace that looks good. If I'm not back in half an hour, you probably need a new scout."

OOC: Ipshivi is going to go upstairs in search of a more secure campsite, or anything else that might be interesting. She will just climb up one of the lift shafts, and search each floor as she comes to it. She'll try to wrap up her sweep in about twenty minutes, unless she finds something really interesting.

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Ipshivi]

You crawl up the south shaft, the lift plate in which is shattered and lying in pieces on the ground.

The first few floors are devoid of anything remarkable -- basically broken debris and rubble strewn randomly about. This trend continues on for many floors.

Around the 22nd floor, well, you think is the 22nd floor, you notice that this must have been some sort of arboreteum -- the entire place is an overgrown jungle. The buzz of insects can be heard.

After this floor, the levels once more are empty shells -- stripped by looters and ravaged by tiem.

The 38th floor consists, from your viewpoint, as a enormous steel door with a giant sized locking mechanism. It also radiates magic.

There after, the floors again are devoid of anything of interest, until your reach the top floor. This appears to be a elegant dining hall, complete with an enormous kitchen in the center of the room. Tables surround the central kitchen, arranged so that their occupants can gaze out over the landscape. The linen table clothing radiate magic and appear clean and wrinkle free.

[/sblock]

Back on the first floor, Ganyon and the others gather around the body.

"Melach 'was sent oot on da secund group. He wudda bin 'ere to fin' da folks who wint missin'. The stuff 'bout the chief needin' da bodies makes me skin crawl. Me 'mates dun't deserve ta be eaten or some ritual or whatever evil plans dose giants 'ave planned."

"We gotsta go git 'em back."

While Ganyon and the others care to the body, Mai Zak starts speaking to Voadam.

"Our house finds and locates the caches of dragonshards, we then sell the rights to excavation and recovery to other parties, and provide them with guides if necessary."

"Seldom do we outfit the recovery operation ourselves, unless the cache is great."

Voadam

Legend
Voadam

Back on the first floor, Ganyon and the others gather around the body.

"Melach 'was sent oot on da secund group. He wudda bin 'ere to fin' da folks who wint missin'. The stuff 'bout the chief needin' da bodies makes me skin crawl. Me 'mates dun't deserve ta be eaten or some ritual or whatever evil plans dose giants 'ave planned."

"We gotsta go git 'em back."

While Ganyon and the others care to the body, Mai Zak starts speaking to Voadam.

"Our house finds and locates the caches of dragonshards, we then sell the rights to excavation and recovery to other parties, and provide them with guides if necessary."

"Seldom do we outfit the recovery operation ourselves, unless the cache is great."

"I see. And this was a staging area for those location operations. How much contact with the local giants and scorpion drow was there?"

s@squ@tch

First Post
Mai Zak continues to converse with the wizard.

"This is a campsite that is used by our House when we are in the area. If our people were in the area, they would stay here. They would not go out of there way to stay here, they would camp elsewhere."

"Our relationships with the giants and drow continually change, but for the most part, we ignore them, and they ignore us. But we always try to avoid detection by them. The giants are loosely banded together, so there are many who would think themselves chief, presenting an open palm to receive tribute."

"We have an uneasy truce with most of the drow clans, but skirmishes happen now and again."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Sneak, sneak, sneak.

Scamper, scamper, scamper.

Explore, explore, explore.

OOC: Ipshivi will be gone for a bit (roughly a half-hour), so I'll give everybody time to converse or whatever before she pops back in- but I wanted to post something.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases