S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Aftyer pulling the body out, Yoggrith continues to stare blankly at the writing upon the wall. Then a voice from behind him says
Voadam said:
Yoggrith, do you know the magics to speak with the dead? If so we may be able to piece together more information about what occurred
The halfork turns his head slightly in the direction of the wizard's voice... then says quietly but simply. "No. The Shadow cares not to listen to silenced voices."

As the discussions continue about the politics of the House Tharashk and the surrounding clans, Yoggrith stands silently and patiently. When the decision is finally made to make camp for the night (either here, or somewhere Ipshivi offers up once she returns), he follows the group to the location.

Voadam

Legend
Voadam

"Thank you Mai Zak, Yoggrith. Aerundil, will you be able to track the giants from here? Is there enough trail to follow?"

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil's keen ears catch The Green Wizard's comments, and the elf wanders back from where he was keeping watch. "It is possible that I could track the giants. Their prints are clear here, and head toward the entrance. Once we are outside, though..." the archer let's his words trail off, shrugging his shoulders.

Survival +8 for tracking

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
The shifter druid breaks her long silence.

"Aye can 'elp you foller them tracks, Aeranduil."

She looks around, her eyes darting back and forth from the stairwell, to the entrance, to the lifts.

"When is dat halfling woman goin' tah git back here? Does she realize that if'n she runs intah somepin up there by herself, we won't have any clue down 'ere?"

She glowers slightly at being unable to do anything but wait.

The sun is still fairly high in the sky, as evidenced by the few sunbeams entering through the high arched entryway.

OOC: Morika's survival is +12, so she autosucceeds any aid-another event for tracking.

Redclaw

First Post
I think I'm hearin' tha half-pint now, although I'm not seein' her, Thanor offers. My question is where're tha stinkin' giants? It's not usually this hard to find tha blighters.

Thanor continues to hold his axe ready, hoping for some call to battle. :angel:

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Upstairs looks clear- there are some interesting details, but nothing that looks dangerous, and nothing that looks like giants," Ipshivi chimed in. "I think, if we're going to camp in the area, that we could do a lot worse than moving up a few floors here and digging in."

"Not that I think we ought to quit for the day just yet, mind you. But we ought to plan for tonight. Are we really going to try and track them? You do realize that it has been quite a while- this group disappeared before we got hired, and there is the trip from the mainland, then the hike here... Those tracks have got to be at least two weeks old- not too bad inside, but outside, in the weather, that is going to be tough... Maybe we ought to prowl around, explore the buildings around here, and let them come to us- I'll bet they know we're here. But either way, I'm ready to move."

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: Sanne was looking into the remaining operable lift.

OOC#2: What is the group's concensus on next part of action - I've seen several options proffered so far.

1) make camp for rest of day somewhere in the Teeth
2) explore upper levels
3) attempt to track the giants
4) ???
5) profit

Rhun

First Post
The elf nods at Ipshivi, agreeing with her words. "They will be difficult to track, to be sure. But giants are easier to track than humans or game, especially in large numbers. Morika and I should at least attempt it."

Remove ads