S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

drothgery

First Post
OOC: The description of Web on d20srd.org (which is the same as the one in the PHB) doesn't give any effects for moving into a web, as near as I can tell. So how is Sanne's movement affected by the web?

s@squ@tch

First Post
Combat over.

Initiative:

25 - Ipshivi - Point Blank Eldritch Blast on HIT, SR check FAIL
19 - Sanne -
17 - Morika - Full attack - 1 HIT for 11 damage
16 - Voadam -
10 - Aeranduil - 5' step to N20, 3 arrows -- 2 HIT for 26 damage
9 - Thanor - Full attack - 1 HIT for 6 damage
1 - Yoggrith -
1 - Triceratops - dead

"This is getting ridiculous," Ipshivi muttered petulantly, before resuming her tirade against the dinosaur. She hurled another arcane bolt at the beast- even if she didn't hurt it, she might be able to keep it distracted... [SR check FAIL]

The elf backs up out of range of the dinosaurs' horns and unleashes three more arrows -- the first solidly hits, the second hits the ice wall behind the dinosaur, and the third arrow finds its mark with unnatural precision.

Standing his ground between the shifter and the halfork, Thanor once again swings his axe at the dinosaur. Most of his attention, however, goes into anticipating the beast's next move, and attempting to shield his companions. The dwarf's upward swing splits open the weakened dinosaur, causing it to crash to the ground.

The creatures corpse quickly decomposes, much like the tiger earlier, into a putrid mass of ichor and protoplasm.

OOC:
Condition Summary:

Voadam: (22/43) - Lesser Vigor (15/18 rounds remaining), Wall of Ice
Yoggrith: (21/74) - Lesser Vigor (15/18 rounds remaining)
Aeranduil: (22/64)
Sanne: (33/65) - Lesser Vigor (16/18 rounds remaining)
Morika: (53/66) - Shifting (6/8 rounds remaining)
Ipshivi: (28/46) - Walk Unseen, Spiderwalk,- Lesser Vigor (16/18 rounds remaining)
Thanor: (70/110)
Triceratops: dead

Gray area is Web
Yellow area is Grease
Blue area is Wall of Ice

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC@ drothgery - my interpretation of it would have been as follows:

Once loose (either by making the initial Reflex save or a later Strength check or Escape Artist check), a creature remains entangled, but may move through the web very slowly. Each round devoted to moving allows the creature to make a new Strength check or Escape Artist check. The creature moves 5 feet for each full 5 points by which the check result exceeds 10.

So, Sanne would have had to make a Str check DC20 or Escape Artist DC25 to move. Each 5 full pts above either would have allowed her to move 5'.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Moments later, the jungle sounds return.

The spot of grease disapates quickly, but the magical webbing lingers on.

A cob-web ladened Sanne breaks free from the area, completely covered in the sticky webs.

"No rest fer da werry" Ganyon calls.

"Lits git back ta dah 'Teeth."

With that, he motions to the others and heads out with his two guides flanking either side of him.

Shortly after, you return to more familiar territory and make it back to the Teeth.

The sun has almost completely set as you arrive in the ground floor.

OOC: Actions/plans for the evening?

drothgery

First Post
OOC: I'm getting really frustrated by combat scenes here. We get whalloped on early, so I decide to spend an AP to make Sanne's rapier [something] bane so she can actually do some damage ... and then the monster goes down before she can get back into the fight, or I guess wrong on the creature type. So I'm accomplishing nothing except wasting action points.

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: I can understand why you feel that way -- if it wasn't for Aeranduil's crits in the past two rounds, the combat would have gone on longer. And more trample-goodness would have been observed. On the bright side, you'll get more AP @ lvl 9.... if you all live to then.... :devil:

Rhun

First Post
Please with his performance thus far against the massive beasts that seemed to teem within the jungle, even if they weren't giants, Aeranduil is quite content as the group makes its way back to the Teeth. As usual, the elf stays wary, his eyes and ears open for signs of danger.

113 total points of damage scored by Aeranduil? Granted, that is with 3 critical hits, but I'm looking forward to engaging some giants at this point!

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Hold on just a moment," Ipshivi chirped as the group got ready to hit the trail again. "That critter had what looked like fresh blood around its mouth before it hit us. If one of you sharp-eyed trackers can help out, I want to backtrack a bit, see if it was gnawing on something interesting..."

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil will move to help Ipshivi see if they can find the body of whatever the monsterous jungle beast had been dining on.

s@squ@tch

First Post
The keen-eyed tracker sets to work following the path of the beast -- starting at where it appeared out of the jungle.

He spots a blood trail -- slight drips on occasional palm fronds -- and follows it roughly 40' through dense undergrowth.

Just as Aeranduil is pushing open some overhanging vines, his hand hits something soft and wet. He pulls back his hand and notices that it is smeared with blood.

As the others help him push back the vines, a dark-skinned elf's body is found lying in the crotch of a low-growing tree. Several holes in its torso are apparent.

Remove ads