S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Ipshivi]
The lift shows no traps. You are not small enough to crawl underneath ,but from the side, you do not notice anything unusual, beyond an eon of accumulated dust underneath.
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
GM: [sblock] Paranoid? No, not me... [/sblock]

Ipshivi scampered up the lift tube towards the next floor. A few moments later her voice filtered back down. "Looks safe to come up, if you can drive that thing."

OOC: While the group is setting up camp and having dinner, Ipshivi will find a quiet corner to get her two hours rest.

s@squ@tch

First Post
A voice fills the lift.

"Ahvayd, yilja tyah...."

The voice continues on in a language you don't understand.

[sblock=those who speak giant]

"Now, what exactly are you trying to accomplish by doing that?"

"You small people sure are the curious sort, poking and prodding, looking under each and every crevice. Quite intriguing actually. Glad I don't have any cracks, or else I might have gotten a bit embarrassed."

"Still there's a bit of debris and dust underneath me, but that can be expected after a millenia or forty. I have to admit, without bragging a whole lot, that I am probably in amazing shape for a lift my age."

[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
"Great. A wisecracking elevator." Sanne says.

Then she responds to the voice in the same language.

[sblock=giant]
"I was trying to get you to take us up to the next floor. I've got some experience with elemental-powered devices, but you just don't seem to work quite like my airship."
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=giant]

You hear the elevator sigh somewhat.

"It is so nice to hear the mother tongue spoken again, although it just doesn't have the same tone or timber when produced by such a small mouth."

"Still, it is pleasant to hear."

"So, you want to go up one floor? Are you sure that you wouldn't want to go up just a few feet? I'd hate for you to contract a fear of great heights."

[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
She spoke to the device again.
[sblock=giant]
"Well, if you want to converse in a language better suited for my vocal cords, we can always switch to Elven. Unless you've learned the modern common tongue, which all of us can understand. But yes, one floor up. Hanging in the air between floors would do little good. Some of us can fly with magic, but not all of us."

[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=giant]

"Me, speak the language of the slaves?"

"No, no, and no. I would not attempt that, even if I knew the language."

"This modern common does not make any sense to me -- the common language has been, and always shall be, common -- that spoken by my masters and creators -- what is more common than that?"

[/sblock]

There is a break in the conversation and the lift rises quickly and smoothly to the first floor.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil's eyes narrow and a look of anger passes over his face at the lifts final comments, but the elf remains quiet. Sanne was doing a fine job of negotiating with the lift, and it wouldn't do for him to spoil it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases